Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78163 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2015, 03:11:00 AM »
That's like asking why I don't throw feces at it while I watch.

Once the invention of the dvr allowed me to skip commercials I haven't watched a show other than sports while it was broadcast. I've even gone beyond that now. My DVR is now basically there to remind me what to download so I can watch it without commercials and at 1.5-1.7x normal speed, depending on the show (ok 1.8x if you count the walking dead). I suppose that'll have to do until I can have things instantaneously beamed into my brain, which really can't come quickly enough for my tastes.

So you watch the show faster than normal? For The Flash, that makes sense, but doesn't it affect your viewing of other shows?

Also, don't you need some commercial time to recover from the emotions? I know I did during the S1 finale.

I don't watch enough TV for ads to be an issue in the one show I watch.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2015, 03:51:24 AM »
Doesn't bother me in any shows or movies. It kind of brings them up to a pace that doesn't bore the crap out of me. The pace of the world in general bores the crap out of me though. Being in my head is kind of like a Flash simulator.

As to emotions, those always sounded to me like they'd be just horrible to have.

And my watch list is huge. I don't actually enjoy most of the shows I watch, but getting through an hour one in a bit over 25 minutes really helps.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2015, 04:09:08 AM »
I don't actually enjoy most of the shows I watch,
bfffffffffwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................... if I don't enjoy something I watch, I stop watching it. I have better things to do with my time than not enjoy myself.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2015, 04:17:00 AM »
that sounds completely rational and healthy. unfortunately neither of those adjectives apply to me. i treat supposed entertainment like work.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2015, 06:15:14 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So that episode was pretty much sorting out who got their contracts renewed I suppose. I assume barry's dad won't be back until he and the rest of the sleeper manhunters show up to try and prevent the introduction of crappy characters?

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2015, 02:03:16 PM »
JAY GARRICK

YesYesYesYesYesYesYes!

Can we stop following whiny Barry and make this the Jay show instead?

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2015, 02:07:31 PM »
Was good but I am scratching my head on the whole Eddie killing himself so future Thawne never existed.

If this is the case - then the first off how can a person who never existed leave a will on video?
For that matter the whole last 15 years should be different as the original Wells never died so he would have built the accelerator years later, like he did before Thawne interfered in the past. So Barry's mom should be alive and his dad should not be in jail and he should never had had to live with Joe and Iris.
Unless this is explained later in the season, it just doesn't make sense.

It's comic book logic.  Just roll with it and don't think about it and you'll be fine.

Just sit back and enjoy the awesomeness that is Jay Garrick.

(Oh dear god, please don't let them ruin Jay...)

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »
That's like asking why I don't throw feces at it while I watch.

Once the invention of the dvr allowed me to skip commercials I haven't watched a show other than sports while it was broadcast. I've even gone beyond that now. My DVR is now basically there to remind me what to download so I can watch it without commercials and at 1.5-1.7x normal speed, depending on the show (ok 1.8x if you count the walking dead). I suppose that'll have to do until I can have things instantaneously beamed into my brain, which really can't come quickly enough for my tastes.

I don't even pay attention to TV schedules anymore.  When I see an ad for a new show that looks promising, I set up a OnePass for it.  Then, when I have time to sit down and watch some TV, I call up my menu of shows and see what there is for me to watch.  I usually have 4 or 5 choices, or more.  If some show that looked promising, isn't... I delete the OnePass.  I have about 100 OnePasses set up now.  I was actually shocked recently when I opened my menu and there were new "Penn & Teller:  Fool Us" episodes.  I completely would have missed those otherwise. 

I LOVE my DVR.  Life is so much more pleasant with it.  I mean, I can live life on MY schedule instead of one dictated to me by the TV.  Ha Ha Ha!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2015, 06:09:08 PM »
It's comic book logic.  Just roll with it and don't think about it and you'll be fine.

Just sit back and enjoy the awesomeness that is Jay Garrick.

(Oh dear god, please don't let them ruin Jay...)

There either seems to be what we might call a secondary linearity to time travel, or as i put forth in the season one thread, the writers are trying to use every time travel metaphysics at once.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »
It's simple:  Since his existence and interference is directly responsible for his being erased from existence, he had to have existed up until the point he stopped existing so that he could exist to be erased from existence.  Simple.

I didn't recognize Edge at first.  Stein naming Atom Smasher was a great moment.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Shame Atom Smasher had to die.  I was looking forward to him being in the rogues and/or becoming a hero.  Adam Copeland isn't a big name actor, but he's a big name former wrestler.  There's no reason they couldn't have cast some mook as Atom Smasher if he was a villain of the week.  I hope he'll be back somehow.

I, too, am disappointed with the timey-wimey approach to time travel in the Flash.  Perhaps they will find other timelines/dimensions where events were undone/altered by time travel.  Perhaps Eddie killing himself means Eobard doesn't go back in time and therefore Barry's mom doesn't get killed which causes the Flash to create the Reverse Flash who goes back in time, kills Barry's mom which causes Eddie to kill himself.  Maybe it's a stable temporal loop and they just decided to collapse it into a single ongoing timeline.

Or, what they have is what works for the show.   ;)

Overall, was somewhat disappointed with the Season 2 pilot.  Major events seemed like they were throw-aways and could have seen better use.  The characters, I liked; particularly Cisco and Stein, who make a fantastic tag-team.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2015, 01:36:48 AM »
Adam Copeland isn't a big name actor, but he's a big name former wrestler.
He plays my favorite pseudo-sidekick in Haven. I looked at my husband, all excited, "Is that ---?" "Yes, that's Dwight." "YES!!!!"
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 02:16:23 AM »
I like that the much older Jay Garrick is what, maybe 30?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Kinda disappointed that his intro line was about the world being in danger rather than wanting to know where his hat was.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2015, 02:49:15 AM »

Spoiler for Hidden:
Kinda disappointed that his intro line was about the world being in danger rather than wanting to know where his hat was.

I was sort of half watching it for a bit - was Jay the one taking the photos of Barry?

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2015, 03:01:22 AM »

He's only "much older" in the comics. And based on the preview that aired after the episode, he'll still have the role of training Barry.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2015, 03:13:34 AM »
In the CW universe 30 is old enough to have been in WW2, even without the whole earth being years ahead :P

and yeah doc, that was him taking pictures

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »
So, after having had a little more time to think about it, I can articulate some of the reasons why:

Spoiler for Hidden:
The singularity was the big cliffhanger from Season 1, but gets resolved in a couple of minutes of flashback in Season 2?  They should have fitted this into the finale if it was going to be a blip of a resolution.  Would have been a hell of a kicker to have two characters die in the finale; after Eddie, nobody would have expected another death.  Perhaps too much to ask the fans to accept, however.

I've articulated this above, but Edge/Adam Copeland's appearance as Atom Smasher was completely underwhelming.  Very little screen time, a lost opportunity to capitalize on bringing in a related market - wrestling fans.  Comics and wrestling share a lot of common features, so bringing in a popular wrestler is a great opportunity to expand your fanbase.  Even if they had done the entire episode exactly as is, but Atom Smasher doesn't die, you give wrestling fans a reason to keep watching because he might be back.  Since he's dead, I wouldn't be surprised if wrestling fans shrug and never come back.

Henry gets out of jail and doesn't want to spend time with his son?  While he may have been right that his presence would distract Barry from being the Flash, at least give it a couple of episodes to pay off the emotional arc from last season before showing that it's interfering and then have Henry leave town.

What the hell is going on with Robbie Amell?  Is he on the show or not?  I wonder if there were contract problems in the summer and that's why he's been written out in favour of the "Jason Rusch" analogue on Legends.  We did the whole "Caitlyn pining for Robbie's death" last season.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2015, 01:58:56 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:
That was really the big cliffhanger - what did happen to his hat?

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2015, 02:08:43 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
That was really the big cliffhanger - what did happen to his hat?
Probably all dinged up since Cisco tried to throw it. ;)

Felderburg

• Elite Boss