Author Topic: Quickchat Emote Menu Addon!!!  (Read 61722 times)

lexicon

• Minion
    • The Danger Ranger's Database
Quickchat Emote Menu Addon!!!
« on: July 28, 2015, 08:51:15 AM »
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:59:59 AM by lexicon »
This message has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Danger Rangers...
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!
My CoH Faces Profile! // Get your Quickchat FIXED!

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..." Tyler Durden - Fight Club

Dyne

• Lieutenant
  • Gluer of Gears
Re: Quickchat Emote Menu Fix!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »
Thanks for all the work!

I have a QoL suggestion, if you don't mind:  Putting the actual emote command in parentheses after the menu text would be helpful for people making binds or just wanting to skip the menu when doing some more frequent emotes.

I know a lot of these commands are identical to the menu text aside from spacing, so you could probably skip those.  But a lot are not the same as the menu text.  For example, Music/Bounce is actually dance5; emoting bounce does nothing.  So I'd suggest having the menu read something like "Bounce (dance5)".  You already have at least one of these "Epic Fail(DoubleFacePalm)"

There are also several alternate emotes for some of them (Robodance springs to mind), but I think whichever emote is shortest would probably be sufficient.

(I know I could go through and add all these myself, but I figure others might find it useful too.)
-= Virtue Server - 2004-06-13 to 2012-11-30 =-
hortis publicis gemini in aeternum

Usurper Dyne, Still Heart, River Elemental, Saul Invictus, Grim Grinner

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 01:21:06 PM »
Last week or whenever, I went through and fixed the standard quickchat menu. That was a task, let me tell you. Even if you all you did was compile some disparate lists, that's a good bit of work. Thanks for doing this, it's very appreciated.

lexicon

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »
Thanks for all the work!

I have a QoL suggestion, if you don't mind:  Putting the actual emote command in parentheses after the menu text would be helpful for people making binds or just wanting to skip the menu when doing some more frequent emotes.

I'm actually already working on creating those as aliases. After seeing how big the popup window was getting, I chose not to do list the emote name in parentheses . I'm aware that some of these emotes that are in the menu do not match the actual emote command. I intend to have those as aliases released sometime in the near future. So all you'll need to replace is the emote.cfg when the time comes, I'll let you know :)
This message has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Danger Rangers...
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..." Tyler Durden - Fight Club

Imblazed247

• Underling
    • Danger Rangers
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 10:34:16 PM »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:02:42 AM by Imblazed247 »
CoH Faces Profile

GO GO DANGER RANGERS!

lexicon

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 11:17:19 PM »
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »
The Custom emotes added here are very addicting  8)..and thank you for allowing us to access all of the regular emotes as well :D
I do have a question though: Can this be used on the game when it comes back?
Again, thank you for your hard work  ;D
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

lexicon

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 08:14:35 PM »
Can this be used on the game when it comes back?

I do believe so, since the documentation I used to create it is dated from way back when...
See Paragon Wiki:Quickchat
Or...
see this thread... which references the date "Feb 12th, 2009 @ 03:15 AM." I can only assume that since this is when the game was live it should work, just not a lot of people either used or knew of this feature...

Hope this helps. I'll have a new update to the files tomorrow sometime as well.
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 03:59:47 AM »
Wow!  It's safe to say you're the awesomest.  This is going to help me tremendously.

Hatut Zeraze

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 05:40:04 PM »
So, how does one go about performing Step 3? 

I don't really know what buttons to push or icons to drag or whatever to download those files into the Config folder.  As far as I can tell, I'm already in the Config folder by following step 1 and the changes I made in step 2 I assume are in the Config folder.

Obviously I am pretty computer illiterate, but I'd like to at least try to follow these instructions before begging one of my tech-buddies for help.

Valtyr

• Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 06:11:22 PM »
To download the files, just click on them. This will open a new tab/window that should look something like this:

Click on the Download button. (If Dropbox asks you to login, you can ignore that. Just click on the webpage and that prompt will go away. Then you can click Download.)

You will get a prompt asking if you want to open the file or save it. Click save.

Do this for both files.

Once that's done, since you've already accomplished steps 1 and 2, you know how to find the Paragon Chat/config folder.

Put both of those files into that folder.

Proceed to step 4.

Imblazed247

• Underling
    • Danger Rangers
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »
Thanks for helping! I just noticed the question was gonna answer but ya nailed it to the wall
CoH Faces Profile

GO GO DANGER RANGERS!

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 04:01:47 AM »
Do these work in Icon alone or only in Paragon Chat?

Valtyr

• Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
Only in Paragon Chat. Titan Icon uses a different format to display emotes/powers/npc/relocate.

donobeastson

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 01:32:32 AM »
I've made it as far as step 4 and got a little lost. I assumed I was meant to go to the CoH file under NCSoft (never deleted the old stuff). There was no "data" folder so I tried to download the compressed file in the link, but my computer keeps telling me it's an invalid folder.

Valtyr

• Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 02:49:32 AM »
What you need to do is this:

Step 4. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to where cityofheroes.exe is.

For me, the one Titan Icon and Paragon Chat uses is D:\CohBeta

The easiest way to find where to put these files is to right click your Paragon Chat launcher and take note of where the Target line is.

Continuing with step 4:

The case is very important and this will not work if you do it wrong. (Don't worry, it's not unfixable!)
Right click and create a folder named data

Open that folder
Right click and create a folder named texts

Open that folder
Right click and create a folder named English

Open that folder
Right click and create a folder named Menus

Place the quickchat.mnu file there.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 08:34:06 AM »
7Zip say's it's an invalid file format.
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 09:33:18 AM »
7Zip say's it's an invalid file format.

Opens fine for me, so try redownloading it, or just ignore the zipfile and download the textfile itself (also linked in the OP) and just create the folders. Really, it takes seconds...

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 05:31:44 PM »
If it hasn't been asked, this should be made sticky.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 05:42:32 PM »
 *eat a licorice*  :-X

:P :P *lick lick slobber*  :-* :P
 :-*    :P

Let's see if that makes it sticky