Author Topic: Are you still invisible on version .965 or newer? Post here!  (Read 21521 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Are you still invisible on version .965? Post here!
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 03:07:49 AM »
Yep, I saw you in Pocket D as Microburst. My invisible player alarm was going off and logging extra data from you automatically using the 0.996 debug features.

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
Re: Are you still invisible on version .965 or newer? Post here!
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 04:03:58 AM »

Completely exited Paragon Chat a couple of times, then logged back in to the game. Now both mine, and my wife's toons can be seen.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2015, 04:08:30 AM »
The person who helpfully sent me their ParagonChat.db file showed similar symptoms -- they were invisible, but when I logged in using their character, everything was fine and the problem was gone.

Both of those observations correlate with my hunch that it has to do with floating point rounding error. The fact that my other test subject's leg scale in the database was 0.0199999995529652 seems to further that conclusion.

The good news is that means that anyone who's running 0.965 or 0.966 and finds themselves invisible can probably fix it by logging out and back in. I'll implement some forced rounding for 0.97 and see if that clears up the few people still having trouble. The vast majority of invisible people I'm seeing are still running 0.95 or 0.96 and need to update.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2015, 06:01:18 AM »
The vast majority of invisible people I'm seeing are still running 0.95 or 0.96 and need to update.

Might be an idea to add an update notification on startup of Paragon Chat?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2015, 05:39:17 PM »
Might be an idea to add an update notification on startup of Paragon Chat?

That's been on the 1.0 feature complete list since before launch, but there wasn't enough time to do it the way I wanted before the release date.

The beta versions do have an expiration date near the end of the month. They won't stop working, but will start nagging you to update the latest version every time you start it up.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2015, 06:06:15 PM »
Hello Codewalker.

I logged on with another Paragon Chat user the other night.  I could see them but they couldn't see me.

Azrael.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2015, 06:11:08 PM »
I have something in the pipeline that may fix the last of these. There are a couple other bugs I'm trying to get into the same release, but I'll ask people to just hold on for now and try again after 0.97 is out.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »
I have something in the pipeline that may fix the last of these. There are a couple other bugs I'm trying to get into the same release, but I'll ask people to just hold on for now and try again after 0.97 is out.

Np, Codewalker.  Looking forward to .97 and future patches.

Just to clarify.  I think I was running .966 and the other Paragon Chat player was using the 'Beta.'  So that might have been the source of the mismatch.  (ie why they couldn't see me.) 

I've just now updated their Paragon Chat client to .966.  (I thought they were on this originally but I've just realised they weren't.)

We'll test it again later.  I'll let you know if the issue is sorted.

Azrael.

Antipode

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2015, 01:17:22 PM »
Reporting myself as invisible to other people while running 0.97c on my character Gearmeister.  Leandro took some form of a record of my costume with a debug build afaik, but I figure I might as well log it here.  It persisted through xmppdisconnects and full relogs, and seems to be occurring with my alternate costumes on that character too.  I ran into a Diana DeSoto with the same problem as well.

Updating to note that my other character, Mindgame, is also staunchly invisible to everyone but me.  I've made both of these characters on a 0.97a or later build, just to throw it out there.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:36:49 PM by Antipode »

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 07:45:42 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some hash value stuck in the game client side of all these invisible people. That once it is appended to their local account, it keeps getting sent to the server incorrectly no mater how many patches are applied to the chat client? Just a pokey thought.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Antipode

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2015, 07:50:46 PM »
The first three characters I made (All before 0.97) are void of any invisibility bugs, to be clear, with 0.97c.  It's only been the two toons I've made since 0.97 and its iterations hit, I think one with 0.97b and one with 0.97c.

Updating to say that CodeWalker saw me in game and has apparently scoped out the cause of our invisibility, and it will be fixed next patch!

Spoiler for Hidden:
[Paragon Chat]Codewalker: Okay, the good news is that people who have created new characters in 0.97c and are showing up invisible won't have to recreate them, they should be visible again as soon as I get the next version out.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:47:21 AM by Antipode »

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2015, 10:17:43 PM »
Running 0.97c, all my characters are coming up invisible to others.

Blackgrue

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2015, 10:20:38 PM »
0.97c My character Diana DeSoto is invisible in both her costumes
Virtue native

Main characters:
Diz the Goblin
Projekt Redstorm

BubbleWrap

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »
Made two new characters in .97c, both invisible to everyone :( my pre-existing characters show up fine.

Dragonrose.Jen

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 01:34:13 AM »
I have been told I am not visible thought i believe I am running paragon chat version .97 Help?   
char name Cleric, currently in Paragon City
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:39:46 AM by Dragonrose.Jen »

Spark

• Underling
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2015, 02:36:48 AM »
Not for me, but a friend of mine, global name @Ceysth, created a character that I can't see no matter what we do. I can see everything else, just not him or his toons.

My global is, shockingly, @Spark

Antipode

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2015, 09:12:31 AM »
Throwing it out there that after 0.97d hit, I remain invisi-disi-bibbi-dle.  Leo's already looked into it and said it has something to do with debug hashes, but again, logging it here!

BraveStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »
Eeek has not been visible for me since day 1. We both updated to 0.97d today and no joy - I still can't see her.

Blackgrue

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
all of my post .97 created characters are still invisible as of .97d
Virtue native

Main characters:
Diz the Goblin
Projekt Redstorm

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2015, 05:24:08 PM »
Blackgrue, can you PM me? I'd like to get a copy of your ParagonChat.db file under %APPDATA%\Roaming\Paragon Chat\Database