Author Topic: Paragon Badge Hunters, something to tide you over  (Read 12645 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Paragon Badge Hunters, something to tide you over
« on: July 08, 2015, 05:11:52 AM »
So badges aren't working in Paragon Chat, and likely won't be working for quite some time.  However, it seems Codewalker did give badge hunters something to do, sort of:

*Some* doors do this, and this is not a City of Heroes feature: its a Paragon Chat feature (of sorts).  The doors that do this, don't do this all the time.  I know they are in there, but even I don't know which doors do this, although I have ideas.  This one is the Striga Ferry.  Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find the others.  There are quite a few.  If someone finds a Codewalker-door, post it here.

I could find them all in theory, but that would be cheating.  I know they exist, but not where.  I have ideas where they probably are, but I tracked this one down by guessing and jogging.  More fun that way.

Golden Aurora

• Boss
Re: Paragon Badge Hunters, something to tide you over
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:23:44 AM »

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 05:24:41 AM »
An obvious one, but it made me chuckle.

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 05:29:31 AM »

There two made me lol.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 05:50:16 AM by Golden Aurora »

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 05:52:19 AM »
It seems as if some of these are just randomly cycled through for all non-specific doors. Still fun to read them.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 03:11:25 PM »
Yes, I ran into one of these. :)  And I thought I saw you last night, so good to know I was right!
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

TheClockmaker

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 01:41:48 AM »
Some of those remind me strongly of stuff from the Sierra On-Line adventure games.

In fact, I could have sworn the "painted on" one is word for word from Quest For Glory II - although that could just be a happy coincidence.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 02:00:09 AM »
Still a dozen to be discovered... most of them won't be found by clicking on any old door.

Carnildo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 04:34:57 AM »
Still a dozen to be discovered... most of them won't be found by clicking on any old door.

I found the complete set -- now to figure out which doors they go with, and wait for that guy to get off lunch break.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 04:32:03 AM »
I got a Pocket D truck to give me the existential haze message, so that's a random one.

The Aspect of the Pillar in Ouroboros gives a fun message - I didn't take a screen since I didn't expect it (launch night) and thought it would pop up again. It's something along the lines of "the light reflections off the crystal mesmerize you, and you forgot what you were going to do." Except much more poetic.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 04:54:37 AM »
Faultline, building along west war wall
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Carnildo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 07:05:39 AM »
The Aspect of the Pillar in Ouroboros gives a fun message - I didn't take a screen since I didn't expect it (launch night) and thought it would pop up again. It's something along the lines of "the light reflections off the crystal mesmerize you, and you forgot what you were going to do." Except much more poetic.

You stare at the crystal for a while, admiring patterns made by refracted light, and completely forget where you were planning to go.

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 08:02:07 AM »
I actually had one in Faultline give the 'Tonk!' sound and the word "TRICK" in red above my head from the Trick or Treat event!!!

Blew my mind (and made me a little scared something was going to come out the door and kill me because I couldn't defend myself LOL)

Lyc~

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »
Hehe, there is a small chance of getting that one when clicking on a generic mission door. Glad it had the intended effect. :)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 07:40:35 PM »
Faultline, building along west war wall

I'm a little disappointed Codewalker didn't hack in the music to play as zone music when that door message triggered.

Crater Labs

• Trivia Champion 2016
  • Minion
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 11:13:37 PM »
These all sort of remind me of the various clickable world-objects from the first two On The Rain-Slick Precipice Of Darkness games.

Mr. Trilby

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 11:37:08 PM »
I found one where when I clicked a portal in Night Ward, the 'Recipe Found' (in purple no less) flash up on screen with the familiar sound followed by a 'Just Kidding' in purple as well.

And yet, it got me to try and look at my inventory

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 02:31:26 AM »

I am surprised that second one isn't "You look for the letter writer in the Pillar of Ice and fire for a long time..now you forget where you were going"

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 11:31:34 PM »
Found a long one...