Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 209938 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!
« Reply #520 on: February 01, 2016, 07:55:19 AM »
Pretty sure that was covered back on page 1 or 2 of the FAQ thread. We're not holding back because of any past, present, or future attempts at acquiring the IP. Whether or not that ever happens doesn't really change much, and since we have no information one way or the other we decided to go ahead and release Paragon Chat to the public.

EDIT:
You know that the people working on Paragon Chat are not the ones working on the deal, and vice versa, right? These are not mutually exclusive things. The work on both can continue on, independent of the status of each other, and if the people working on the deal were to stop...that still wouldn't change a thing about Paragon Chat. The status of the deal will not in any way change the speed at which Paragon Chat is being worked on.

... aaand beaten by 2 minutes  ;D

LordRayken

• Underling
« Reply #521 on: February 01, 2016, 05:34:58 PM »
Pretty sure that was covered back on page 1 or 2 of the FAQ thread. We're not holding back because of any past, present, or future attempts at acquiring the IP. Whether or not that ever happens doesn't really change much, and since we have no information one way or the other we decided to go ahead and release Paragon Chat to the public.

EDIT:
... aaand beaten by 2 minutes  ;D

Glad to hear it!

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #522 on: February 01, 2016, 09:04:00 PM »
Don't run Tequilla then!

Seriously, you ONLY need it to get i24 and ParagonChat initially. After that, PC updates itself so you never need Tequilla again (unless you're thirsty :P).

Ok, ty for the explanation. Had no idea. (pours shot).

Stitchified

• Boss
  • Errors are not in the art but in the artificers.
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #523 on: February 01, 2016, 10:20:34 PM »
They aren't selling it. It's been years. They don't need money and don't care. It actually takes them time/money to try to actually sell it.
But yeah, spending anymore time on that "deal" is just wasting time from focusing on getting Paragon Chat playable and getting back to the CoH we all know and love. NCSoft certainly doesn't care, and probably never did.

My main point is that, there has been amazing progress on Paragon Chat, and I'm glad to see it's being focused on more and more. The reality is Paragon Chat is what will have to be focused on to get back to CoH.
I understand where you're coming from, I'm just really optimistic about CoH/CoV coming back, but I don't fault you for what you think, because then I'd have to fault myself due to thinking the same way from time to time :P

Stitchified

• Boss
« Reply #524 on: February 01, 2016, 10:23:37 PM »
On the other hand, if they were really interested in selling they'd probably have done so by now. I'm all for hoping we'll get the game back someday but at this point I wouldn't call it likely.
I also understand this as well, and who knows? Maybe we'll get CoH/CoV back within 6 months or so, all we can do is wait and hope, which for me, sucks because I'd rather be playing CoH/CoV... All the more reason to be thankful to everyone who has and still is working on Paragon Chat.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:34:57 AM by Stitchified »

AbbeyRoad

• Underling
  • woof
« Reply #525 on: February 04, 2016, 06:37:18 PM »
When will we be getting the patch notes for 0.99j?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #526 on: February 05, 2016, 03:34:21 AM »
When they're ready.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #527 on: February 05, 2016, 05:46:22 AM »

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #528 on: February 05, 2016, 01:12:53 PM »
Before the release of .99K?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #529 on: February 05, 2016, 02:19:01 PM »

The only change in 0.99j is fixing a bug introduced in 0.99i would cause new installs that don't have a database yet to fail to create one, resulting in the 'database corrupt!' error on startup.

The bug didn't affect anyone who upgraded from an earlier version, so for all practical purposes, 0.99j is identical to 0.99i for existing users.

AbbeyRoad

• Underling
  • woof
« Reply #530 on: February 05, 2016, 04:02:22 PM »
Oh, sweet, thanks.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #531 on: February 06, 2016, 03:19:11 AM »
The only change in 0.99j is fixing a bug introduced in 0.99i would cause new installs that don't have a database yet to fail to create one, resulting in the 'database corrupt!' error on startup.

The bug didn't affect anyone who upgraded from an earlier version, so for all practical purposes, 0.99j is identical to 0.99i for existing users.

It sounds like .99j could have been named .99i.2 or .99ii or .99i1/2 or Banana.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #532 on: February 06, 2016, 05:55:25 PM »
Hmmm, Today, I couldn't log on the first 2 times, however- I got on after the 3rd.

Guess just keep logging-in until you are successful. 8)

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #533 on: February 07, 2016, 07:41:30 PM »
It sounds like .99j could have been named .99i.2 or .99ii or .99i1/2 or Banana.

I like the idea of 0.99i Banana Edition, myself. Just cause reading that would make me laugh every time I opened the program.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #534 on: February 07, 2016, 07:44:58 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place for bug reporting, but in AP, on top of the brownstone building directly west of the Atlas Statue, some of the 'smoke-stack' features on the brownstone's roof vanish as you approach them.   Not a big functionality issue, of course, but since I stumbled across it, just thought I'd mention it. :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #535 on: February 08, 2016, 04:17:00 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place for bug reporting, but in AP, on top of the brownstone building directly west of the Atlas Statue, some of the 'smoke-stack' features on the brownstone's roof vanish as you approach them.   Not a big functionality issue, of course, but since I stumbled across it, just thought I'd mention it. :)
Paragon Chat cannot change anything about the textures, geometry, and animation of the client without mass-releasing override options, which is not a good idea because we can't guarantee everyone has it (we can't even guarantee everyone's running the same version of PC, let alone every has the same overrides!). Also: Bug thread.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #536 on: February 08, 2016, 05:24:17 AM »
Thanks for the info, and thanks also for the link to the bug thread.

Stitchified

• Boss
« Reply #537 on: March 09, 2016, 12:03:43 AM »
So anyone know what's up with Null the Gull in Pocket D? is he/she/it a PC addition or was he/she/it really in CoH/CoV? (I very much doubt that he/she/it was in CoH/CoV, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Devs had put Null in as a way of rewarding people who click on everything :P )

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #538 on: March 09, 2016, 12:25:32 AM »
So anyone know what's up with Null the Gull in Pocket D? is he/she/it a PC addition or was he/she/it really in CoH/CoV? (I very much doubt that he/she/it was in CoH/CoV, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Devs had put Null in as a way of rewarding people who click on everything :P )

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Null_the_Gull

Dracoban

• Underling
« Reply #539 on: March 12, 2016, 09:50:20 PM »
Where dp I go to find the stuff I need to get on COH chat??? you guys talk about Tequilla what is that????? I did try to download it from my bottle of Jose Cuervo but so far no I24?