Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 210018 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99g Beta!
« Reply #440 on: December 01, 2015, 02:26:50 PM »
ok intersting thing. tried to update for 99g would let the launcher come up tried for delete and now i have paragonchat running in sysytem but wont let me delete or stop it. im locked out

Same problem. Green bar, sat for ages, finally closed and manually downloaded 0.99g, now nothing. Just get a loading wheel, nothing opens.

I have the same problem, see the post I made about it here:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11527.0.html

Good to know the problem isn't unique to me, at least.

Please use the thread from the last quote for troubleshooting related to that issue. There are a handful of people experiencing it so I'm posting things to try and requests for diagnostic information in that thread.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99d Beta!
« Reply #441 on: December 02, 2015, 05:35:07 AM »
They are  awesome decorated trees!!!
nice job!  :D
Decorated trees?  Which ones?

High Voltz

• Underling
Paragon Chat on Mac
« Reply #442 on: December 02, 2015, 08:38:09 PM »
Is there a step by step process on how to get this working on a Mac?

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #443 on: December 03, 2015, 02:47:02 AM »
Noticed a glitch in that my global friends are not being displayed as online unless they say switch maps or something after I switch maps.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #444 on: December 03, 2015, 10:58:11 PM »
I saw a snow flurry in Atlas Park, and it was the COOLEST THING!   Thanks for that!!

LolaGoth

• Underling
« Reply #445 on: December 04, 2015, 01:20:48 AM »
OK, for people who are having the issue of 0.99g not opening, make sure it's excluded in your antivirus. If you have a temp. disable, disable your AV and try to open it, that was what did it for me, on 2 different comps.

Also CW, still having the issue of capes and other "locked" parts not being available on my laptop. Directory isn't under programs, I ran as admin, and I get a "proper" version, with NCSoft EULA, no parts, can't save costumes (tries to write to the "proper" directory, which doesn't exist)...

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #446 on: December 04, 2015, 02:03:20 AM »
Okay, I saw a few people with this problem, but their fixes didn't work for me. I just redownloaded Tequila and I24. I was able to log in to Paragon Chat, enter my titan stuffs, and make it into the login screen of the game. After accepting to be awesome, I entered my name and a password. The one available server showed up, and I clicked it... only to wait aprox. a minute and then be told that connecting to the DBServer was not possible.

I saw a suggestion towards the beginning of this thread to add -localhost to target line... or something... But couldn't figure that out. I would appreciate some help very much. Thanks.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #447 on: December 04, 2015, 07:35:47 AM »
Okay, I saw a few people with this problem, but their fixes didn't work for me. I just redownloaded Tequila and I24. I was able to log in to Paragon Chat, enter my titan stuffs, and make it into the login screen of the game. After accepting to be awesome, I entered my name and a password. The one available server showed up, and I clicked it... only to wait aprox. a minute and then be told that connecting to the DBServer was not possible.

I saw a suggestion towards the beginning of this thread to add -localhost to target line... or something... But couldn't figure that out. I would appreciate some help very much. Thanks.

Right click your Paragon Chat icon and select Properties from the menu. Enter -localhost in the target line, after the rest of what's already there, making sure there's a space separating them.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #448 on: December 04, 2015, 07:36:56 AM »
Also CW, still having the issue of capes and other "locked" parts not being available on my laptop. Directory isn't under programs, I ran as admin, and I get a "proper" version, with NCSoft EULA, no parts, can't save costumes (tries to write to the "proper" directory, which doesn't exist)...

You probably have CoH installed into a folder that Paragon Chat is unable to write too, probably under C:\Program Files\ or similar.  Move it elsewhere, such as C:\Games\.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #449 on: December 04, 2015, 11:41:57 PM »
...I saw a suggestion towards the beginning of this thread to add -localhost to target line... or something... But couldn't figure that out. I would appreciate some help very much. Thanks.

Right click your Paragon Chat icon and select Properties from the menu. Enter -localhost in the target line, after the rest of what's already there, making sure there's a space separating them.

Right, as I said, I saw that and couldn't figure it out. There is no field in any of the "Properties" window's tabs that is labeled "Target." And the problem is not with logging into Paragon Chat, or logging into the game. I can do all that, but once I go to enter the server, it says it can't connect

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #450 on: December 05, 2015, 01:08:36 AM »
If you're launching ParagonChat.exe directly there won't be a target line. Make a shortcut to it and in the properties of that there'll be a target line.

LolaGoth

• Underling
« Reply #451 on: December 05, 2015, 05:03:29 AM »
You probably have CoH installed into a folder that Paragon Chat is unable to write too, probably under C:\Program Files\ or similar.  Move it elsewhere, such as C:\Games\.

As I stated, it's not under programs. I have it in my documents, same as on my desktop, which works fine.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #452 on: December 05, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »
If you're launching ParagonChat.exe directly there won't be a target line. Make a shortcut to it and in the properties of that there'll be a target line.

This. Exactly this.

LolaGoth

• Underling
« Reply #453 on: December 05, 2015, 04:10:34 PM »
ok, moved the entire CoH directory yet again (the 4th time), and THIS time, it works right... no clue. It was never under programs, don't ask me... but it works, so that's what matters :)

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #454 on: December 05, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »

Thank you bunches, General. This worked. :D

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #455 on: December 09, 2015, 04:06:46 PM »
I've seen a few snow flurries in Paragon Chat this month, but only for a few minutes at a time, and the zone occurrence seems pretty random.  Anyone know how to find/summon them?

themamboman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #456 on: December 09, 2015, 05:32:19 PM »
Wait, snow flurries?  I don't recall weather effects in the game.  Screenshots?

Pooterific

• Underling
« Reply #457 on: December 10, 2015, 03:01:54 AM »
Is there a youtube tutorial for install? I keep getting file error messages

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #458 on: December 10, 2015, 03:58:01 AM »
Step 1. Have City of Heroes, the latest Beta version that the test server had.
Step 2. Download ParagonChat.exe.
Step 3. Place ParagonChat.exe in the installation folder for CoH (it's the folder that has cityofheroes.exe in it).
* Optional 3a. Create a shortcut to ParagonChat.exe on your desktop.
Step 4. Run ParagonChat.exe.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Pooterific

• Underling
« Reply #459 on: December 10, 2015, 03:58:49 AM »
So where's the most activity atlas park? I logged in as villain in mercy and no one around?