Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 210065 times)

TeamTeravolt

• Underling
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99d Beta!
« Reply #420 on: November 21, 2015, 08:17:11 PM »
Nothing happened with it, there's a bunch of people online right now running 0.99d.

When you say won't launch, do you get any kind of error? How are you launching?

The link points to a bootstrap version that is known to be able to self-update to the latest without issue. At some point I'll probably replace it with a stripped-down copy that's smaller. It's necessary for Paragon Chat to relocate itself out of the COH directory in order to avoid UAC issues as well as to prevent some of the third-party launchers (which are not capable of doing any kind of version checking) from overwriting it with an older version whenever I release a new build.

Just tried it again and it's working fine, and says 0.99d. My apologies.
I suspect the server was down for a bit or something the last time, it just said 0.99d is available,
I said update, then no response, no errors, it still said 0.99c, and wouldn't let me start COH.
I re-downloaded from the web site, same thing but it said .98d.
Anyway no worries, all good, sorry about the confusion.
BTW any chance of super jump or tp? :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #421 on: November 21, 2015, 10:49:00 PM »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

LolaGoth

• Underling
« Reply #422 on: November 27, 2015, 04:01:16 AM »
OK, I don't know if this is an issue with this, or something else... everything on my desktop seems perfectly proper, but I installed PC on my laptop overnight, and 2 odd things: first, when it gets to the EULA, instead of the usual "I promise to be awesome" thing, it has the actual NCSoft EULA from Sep 1 2011. Second, in costume editor, the specialty costume pack parts are locked and need "purchased". The arrow to continue turns into a shopping cart so I can "buy" the parts from the market. This is the far bigger issue... I can't handle not having all my clothes.

-edit-
I also just noticed that the special parts, like NPC stuff, special symbols, etc. are not showing up either, but they are on my desktop. My other solution is to copy my desktop folder to my laptop, but considering all I did was download the files, I don't understand why it isn't working right as is.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:30:44 PM by LolaGoth »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2015, 05:16:47 AM »
That means that you don't have write access to your COH directory. The most likely cause is that it's in a UAC-protected location, like C:\Program Files.

Eventually Paragon Chat will be able to handle this on its own, but for now there are two workarounds:

1. Move or copy your COH install directory somewhere else, like C:\Games or C:\Users\[username]\Programs, or really anywhere other than Program Files.

2. Always use the right-click 'Run as Administrator' option when starting Paragon Chat.

I prefer option 1, but 2 is useful to recommend to people not comfortable enough with their filesystem to find/move the COH folder.

Stitchified

• Boss
  • Errors are not in the art but in the artificers.
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2015, 11:03:23 PM »
So, I have 3 things I'd like to mention given that I see no mention of em at all.

Thing #1: I can't delete any of my characters.

Thing #2: On the Character Select Screen, I see the names of my characters, but I don't see any kind of preview of what they look like before I log on.

Thing #3: My characters are always wearing what looks to be a cheap Archanos Widow armor set when I log on instead of whatever costume I had on them when I logged out.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #425 on: November 29, 2015, 09:45:53 AM »
^ Where do you have CoH installed?  If it's folder is anywhere under \Program Files, move it somewhere else, such as C:\Games

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #426 on: November 29, 2015, 02:34:20 PM »
Copy this into the "url" line of Windows Explorer:

%APPDATA%\Paragon Chat\Database

This will take you to the Paragon Chat database folder. Rename "ParagonChat" in there to something else (e.g. "Paragon Chat old"). Run the game. You'll lose access to all your characters but they're still stored in the renamed database (you can get them back by reverting the name on the database). Create a new character (or multiple). Does the problem repeat? If not, your database was corrupted. If so, Codewalker will have to take over because I have no idea.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Stitchified

• Boss
  • Errors are not in the art but in the artificers.
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #427 on: November 29, 2015, 10:17:47 PM »
^ Where do you have CoH installed?  If it's folder is anywhere under \Program Files, move it somewhere else, such as C:\Games
It's not the location, I made sure that CoH (& PC) were somewhere other than Program Files, I stuck it in the User portion of my C Drive when I first installed them.
Copy this into the "url" line of Windows Explorer:

%APPDATA%\Paragon Chat\Database

This will take you to the Paragon Chat database folder. Rename "ParagonChat" in there to something else (e.g. "Paragon Chat old"). Run the game. You'll lose access to all your characters but they're still stored in the renamed database (you can get them back by reverting the name on the database). Create a new character (or multiple). Does the problem repeat? If not, your database was corrupted. If so, Codewalker will have to take over because I have no idea.
This fixed it, as far as I can tell, thank you for the help :)

I am kinda curious as to how and why my database was corrupted (and no it wasn't because of anything suggestive, I know not to do that ;) :P ), oh well, at least I know how to fix it in the event of it happening again, hopefully it stays uncorrupted :D

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #428 on: November 30, 2015, 04:15:09 PM »
I was following along as you all helped Stitchified with his PC issue, and the solution turned out to help me with a similar problem I was having on my new PC as well.  So thanks from me too!  You guys are awesome!   :D

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #429 on: November 30, 2015, 04:22:41 PM »
Also, Codewalker, is there any way this can be added to the PC /mapmenu, so that we can celebrate the holidays in style?  (It works in Icon - just don't know if it's possible to have it installed in Paragon Chat).
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10503.0.html

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #430 on: November 30, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »
Also, Codewalker, is there any way this can be added to the PC /mapmenu, so that we can celebrate the holidays in style?  (It works in Icon - just don't know if it's possible to have it installed in Paragon Chat).
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10503.0.html

It should be possible to use with Paragon Chat, but as that map requires a modded client, you will have to install the modded files, then add an entry into %APPDATA%\Paragon Chat\Config\zone.cfg to point to it, which will automatically make it show up on /mapmenu.

I can't add it to the stock /mapmenu, as anyone who doesn't have the modded files in place would end up falling into a void. I can't actually download the zip file right now to see if it needs any extra textures (Dropbox bandwidth exceeded), but even if it's just the map file, it's already outside the scope of what PC can patch, since Paragon Chat is distributed as a single relatively small executable.

At some point it's likely that Paragon Chat will grow better ways to integrate with community created mods, but at present there are a lot of other things that have priority.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99e Beta!
« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2015, 07:21:38 PM »
Version 0.99e Beta
  • The auto-update feature now uses https (TLS encrypted) connections. This is not a security change, as the updates were already signed with strong cryptography, but rather an attempt to prevent some broken transparent proxies from interfering with the auto-updater.

• Presence subscription handling is now much more robust. This should resolve some of the odd issues with sending global friend invites while people are offline.

• The ignore list UI now works after zoning. Previously, the ignore functionality itself would continue to work, but the list would appear empty when viewed in the friends window after changing zones.

• In-game time of day, as well as other time-sensitive events now use the XMPP server time so that they are synchronized even if the local clock is wrong. For this to work on third-party servers, an XMPP server that supports XEP-0202 is required.

• The filter to change afk to tpg in compound keybinds is now more careful to only change actual commands rather than text in the middle of a word.

• Winter is coming.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2015, 10:05:40 PM »
It should be possible to use with Paragon Chat, but as that map requires a modded client, you will have to install the modded files, then add an entry into %APPDATA%\Paragon Chat\Config\zone.cfg to point to it, which will automatically make it show up on /mapmenu.

I can't add it to the stock /mapmenu, as anyone who doesn't have the modded files in place would end up falling into a void. I can't actually download the zip file right now to see if it needs any extra textures (Dropbox bandwidth exceeded), but even if it's just the map file, it's already outside the scope of what PC can patch, since Paragon Chat is distributed as a single relatively small executable.

At some point it's likely that Paragon Chat will grow better ways to integrate with community created mods, but at present there are a lot of other things that have priority.
Thanks for the explanation, Codewalker.  Good to know, as always. 

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #433 on: December 01, 2015, 01:21:30 AM »

Using .99e, found something interesting when I was walking through Pocket D.  Everyone had their globals in that special dev temporary title writing above their heads.  Upon conversing with the group, it seems I was the only one who could see these even though they had also upgraded to .99e, so, I am posting a screen shot to prove this exists and ask how do I add mine above my name?

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #434 on: December 01, 2015, 04:18:35 AM »
They are  awesome decorated trees!!!
nice job!  :D

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #435 on: December 01, 2015, 04:45:33 AM »
Using .99e, found something interesting when I was walking through Pocket D.  Everyone had their globals in that special dev temporary title writing above their heads.  Upon conversing with the group, it seems I was the only one who could see these even though they had also upgraded to .99e, so, I am posting a screen shot to prove this exists and ask how do I add mine above my name?

That's the option added in 0.99d to show global names. You must have somehow turned it on.

"Option added to always show global names above character avatars, in addition to character names. This is off by default and can be enabled in the options menu, under the Miscellaneous section near the bottom of the first tab."

It doesn't show your own global because (1) it shows it for entities with remote XMPP identities associated, which you don't have because you're not remote, and (2) you already know your own global, since you had to log in with it.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99b Beta!
« Reply #436 on: December 01, 2015, 04:51:35 AM »
Yes ! For all the convenience of Mapmenu, there's just something satisfying about using the trains...

It brings us that much closer to feeling like our beloved game is back  ;D

yezzz,  like Mussolini, -TonyV, Codewalker made the trains run on time :p

madvyking

• Minion
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99g Beta!
« Reply #437 on: December 01, 2015, 08:03:46 AM »
ok intersting thing. tried to update for 99g would let the launcher come up tried for delete and now i have paragonchat running in sysytem but wont let me delete or stop it. im locked out

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #438 on: December 01, 2015, 08:48:12 AM »
I have the same problem, see the post I made about it here:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11527.0.html

Good to know the problem isn't unique to me, at least.

LolaGoth

• Underling
« Reply #439 on: December 01, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »
Same problem. Green bar, sat for ages, finally closed and manually downloaded 0.99g, now nothing. Just get a loading wheel, nothing opens.