Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 209922 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.98e Beta!
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2015, 01:59:42 AM »
New update is out!

You'll see a new section in the patch notes for this, labeled Technology Preview. Technology previews are something I plan to start doing more often with the 0.99 series as we approach '1.0' quality. They are features that aren't quite finished yet and have a few rough edges, but provide enough of a general benefit to justify releasing them with known issues. Technology previews also contain pieces of work in progress for future updates so they can be tested on a larger scale before being put into wider use. When you see patch notes in this section, keep in mind that...

Version 0.98e Beta
  • Added a fix to prevent the client from resetting the active chat channel to the most recently added global channel when zoning.

• Leaving a global channel will force it to be cleared out of the saved client settings when logging off, to prevent it from being rejoined at next login. Important note: This is only a temporary workaround. In the future it is planned to migrate channel membership serverside so that it is account-wide and tied to a given XMPP account, to more closely imitate the behavior of global channels in traditional COH.

• Fixed an issue with the order of rotations being applied incorrectly on incoming messages when pitch is nonzero.

• Technology Preview:

• Added simulated Walk and Sprint powers to test alternate movement modes and power tray interaction. Please give these a workout to make sure that the tech works properly.

• Known issue: The power trays are hardcoded for testing. Changes to their order do not persist across zoning or logging out.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2015, 02:36:28 AM »
I don't remember Sprint being that fast.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2015, 02:44:39 AM »
According to City of Data, Sprint is a +100% run speed bonus, which brings the base run speed from 1.0 to 2.0. It was split into a 50% enhanceable and 50% unenhancable part, but totaled 100%. It also gives a 10% jump height boost, which Paragon Chat does imitate even though it's barely noticeable.

Probably the reason it seems faster than on live is the fact that for a couple years on live, everyone had inherent Swift, which is a +35% run speed boost, more if you put an enhancement into the free slot. The difference between a run speed of 1.35 and 2.35 (74% increase) seems less than the difference between 1.0 and 2.0 (100% increase).

In other words, Sprint feels faster on PC because the normal run feels slower than people are used to.

Achilles6

• Minion
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2015, 03:23:23 AM »
Well done, sir!! Well done indeed.  ;)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2015, 03:30:44 AM »
According to City of Data, Sprint is a +100% run speed bonus, which brings the base run speed from 1.0 to 2.0. It was split into a 50% enhanceable and 50% unenhancable part, but totaled 100%. It also gives a 10% jump height boost, which Paragon Chat does imitate even though it's barely noticeable.

I did notice the extra jump height. 

Thanks so much for doing this.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99 Beta!
« Reply #305 on: August 24, 2015, 06:33:04 AM »
*Logs in

Wait.. wait.. Fly!?   You added Fly!? YOU ADDED FLY!!?? OMFGBBQ1111ONE! YOU ADDED FLY!!!

CW, my man. You. Are. A. GENIUS!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #306 on: August 24, 2015, 10:26:04 AM »
I shared this on Facebook (PC and CoX pages) and already have responses. Wish I had logged in first. I'm getting "Can't connect to DBServer" error messages when I try. It locks up when I click the server "127..." and 30 seconds to a minute later gives the pop up saying I can't get in.

Hopefully you won't get too much traffic while you update...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:48:41 AM by Rejolt »
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #307 on: August 24, 2015, 10:53:55 AM »
Very well done CW!! ;)

PC is getting better & better with every update!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

wiwhalo56

• Underling
  • Halo Healer is my first 50. Icey Willow is my main
« Reply #308 on: August 24, 2015, 12:50:07 PM »
Codewalker and team, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!   SUPER, is what you are.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #309 on: August 24, 2015, 01:25:24 PM »
*Logs in

Wait.. wait.. Fly!?   You added Fly!? YOU ADDED FLY!!?? OMFGBBQ1111ONE! YOU ADDED FLY!!!

CW, my man. You. Are. A. GENIUS!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
i go to sleep for a few hours and this is what happens in the meantime?! *pauses*
Nope nope nope, not going to try sleeping some more just in case. i think i'll just squee quietly instead. It's tempting though.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

jsndolly

« Reply #310 on: August 24, 2015, 01:29:06 PM »
Codewalker and his team are a tease! After rebuking my constant quest i ns which travel power is to be implemented, he goes on and added Superspeed on us while in game! He made me go around Atlas in bright glowing feet, running like total idiot, giddy with joy, hitting a tree, bus stop, a building that moved into my path...all the while chatting like a silly rabbit! Steel Canyon was just as fun and one can really take the scenic route! BTW thank you, Codewalker and team! You made coming home to Paragon City more fun than before! Bottles of Bailey's Irish Crean liquor from me to you all!!

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #311 on: August 24, 2015, 01:40:17 PM »
Logged in and had a go with the new travel powers (Which are amazing and awesome, thank you so very much!) and I noticed that movement seems to be rubberbanding a bit? As if something was auto correcting my position due to a half second or so of lag like the live server used to, but as far as I knew Paragon Chat doesn't do that? I don't think it was just my computer being slow cause I've never noticed it before in here before now, but it's not directly related to the travel powers because it happens even when just spinning in place with none of them active. I only noticed it after having them active though so it might be started by them. I'll look into it further tomorrow to see if I can nail down if it is, and if so by which one(s) specifically.

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #312 on: August 24, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »
Great work guys! keep it up :D

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #313 on: August 24, 2015, 04:39:43 PM »
The return of Walk, Sprint, and Flight are simply awesome!  CW and Team, thank you all so very much for this!  Looking forward to logging in tonight and flying, running, walking all over the place!  Squeeeeee!

Bashiar

• Underling
« Reply #314 on: August 24, 2015, 04:39:57 PM »
Well CW.....thanks for starting off my Monday with tears.  I don't know how you did it, but you made my day, week, month and year.  Thanks for all the hard work everyone has put into bringing our home back.

hiro

• Underling
« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2015, 08:52:32 PM »
A million thank yous for 'strut'. It's the little things.

mdlittle

• Underling
« Reply #316 on: August 24, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »
Out...-STAND-...ing work CW & Crew!

- Of all the times I've spent in game just cruising around, it's a beaut...like nothing really changed. Like someone else said, you guys are -AWESOME- and you should feel -AWESOME-! :D
"You're about to find out why they call me 'The Melee Blaster'!!!..."

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #317 on: August 24, 2015, 10:21:38 PM »
Codewalker,  words cannot express the joy I am feeling.  It is good to fly around the shadow shard zones once again.

Thank you ever so much for this :)
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #318 on: August 24, 2015, 11:03:42 PM »
Moved some XMPP login troubleshooting to its own thread.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11277.0.html
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Stitchified

• Boss
  • Errors are not in the art but in the artificers.
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #319 on: August 24, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »
I'm curious as to what exactly makes it so difficult to add Teleportation in...
I mean, I keep hearing/reading about how Teleportation is the one Travel Power that is the most difficult to add in, but why?

Oh and thanks for all the work that's been so far!

Stitch