Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 209919 times)

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
Re: Paragon Chat 0.98 Beta!
« Reply #220 on: July 21, 2015, 08:52:50 AM »
The local chat radius in Pocket D has been reduced to 50 feet.

I want to say that this was done for live back in the day as well.

I'm also very excited about the improvements in this update.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2015, 10:22:58 AM »
It was. I dunno if it was 50 ft specifically but local chat in Pocket D definitely had a shorter range than in other zones.
If I might make a suggestion, perhaps do the same thing for the Paragon Dance Party, and also possibly the Studio 55 club in Imperial City? Though that last one would be harder since it'd have to be confined to that location rather than zone-wide.

davpa

• Underling
    • Entropy Legion VG in Virtue
« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2015, 12:55:42 PM »
...and also possibly the Studio 55 club in Imperial City? Though that last one would be harder since it'd have to be confined to that location rather than zone-wide.
Why bother?  Nobody goes there.  It was rarely visited when the game was live and it is defiantly deserted now.
If life closes a door, open it back up.  That is how doors work.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #223 on: July 21, 2015, 01:15:07 PM »
Why bother?  Nobody goes there.  It was rarely visited when the game was live and it is defiantly deserted now.

Which is a shame really, it's a nicely designed location.

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2015, 01:17:20 PM »
I've been using S55 for RP.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97f Beta!
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2015, 01:30:54 PM »
how was you able to convert your sentinel+ files ??
i thought that was not added yet ?

http://cit.cohtitan.com/senticon/index.php

You can extract costume files. That walkthrough is not 100% for laymen, but having recently done it myself, I can confirm it works.

So far, that's all you can do, but since costuming is basically the only thing PC and Icon can do, it works.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2015, 03:06:44 PM »
This is something minor, but activating Tequila with an outdated version of Paragon Chat will revert your updated Paragon Chat in the main folder to the previous version. So for those that rely on Tequila, I'd download Paragon chat manually for now.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2015, 04:25:31 PM »
great improvements, Codewalker, thank you muchly :)
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

dooferbrains

• Underling
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2015, 04:33:13 PM »
Thank you very much Codewalker and Friends.

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
TYVM for your continued hard work.
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #230 on: July 21, 2015, 06:29:04 PM »
Thank you very much Codewalker and Friends.
Made me think of Garfield.

I wanna be Sheldon! (the egg)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

BluArcher

• Underling
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97f Beta!
« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
http://cit.cohtitan.com/senticon/index.php

You can extract costume files. That walkthrough is not 100% for laymen, but having recently done it myself, I can confirm it works.

So far, that's all you can do, but since costuming is basically the only thing PC and Icon can do, it works.

yeah im so lost trying to figure that out lol

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #232 on: July 21, 2015, 07:44:10 PM »
This is something minor, but activating Tequila with an outdated version of Paragon Chat will revert your updated Paragon Chat in the main folder to the previous version. So for those that rely on Tequila, I'd download Paragon chat manually for now.

If you are tech saavy I would heavily recommend using Paragon Chat directly, and only use Tequila / Island Rum for the initial download of the game data files. There's no real reason to use it for Paragon Chat now that it can update itself.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #233 on: July 21, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »
If you are tech saavy I would heavily recommend using Paragon Chat directly, and only use Tequila / Island Rum for the initial download of the game data files. There's no real reason to use it for Paragon Chat now that it can update itself.

Thank you to Codewalker, Leandro and the Score team for the latest update.  Like the fact that it can now auto update.  Lot of quality of life enhancements like the persistence of interface items eg. Chat, Map and Actions windows.  ('Little' things I was looking forward to...)

Can't wait for the next couple of updates.  (*Looks towards the travel power update and the ....GM powers update...)

Azrael.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.98a Beta!
« Reply #234 on: July 21, 2015, 09:09:09 PM »
Patch Notes Updated

This normally wouldn't be enough for an update all by itself; it's partly to give the built-in updater a workout and try to find any issues with it before too many people are depending on it.

Version 0.98a Beta
  • Fix an issue that can result in a rare crash of Paragon Chat immediately after login. It could be triggered if users of certain third-party XMPP clients are on your roster (global friends list) and their last action on the account was to go offline using that client while you were also offline.

• Notify the player via an error message in the chat window if their costume does not pass validation and is causing them to be invisible to other players. This only happens in the case of manual database edits, for things like changing the scale to be too large or small. There is no change to the validation behavior; this is just a notification so you know that it's affecting you.

• Unlock a few missed costume parts: Wisps Aura, Resistance hair, Praetorian Clockwork pieces, Sport set.

• Unlock Crab Spider backpacks so they can be used in the tailor.

• Note: The download link above has not been updated to 0.98a; it is still 0.98. This is partly to test the auto-update mechanism.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #235 on: July 21, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »
[/li][li]Notify the player via an error message in the chat window if their costume does not pass validation and is causing them to be invisible to other players. This only happens in the case of manual database edits, for things like changing the scale to be too large or small. There is no change to the validation behavior; this is just a notification so you know that it's affecting you.

Was actually just going to ask for that.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #236 on: July 21, 2015, 11:09:30 PM »
My copy updated to .98a without incident.

BluArcher

• Underling
« Reply #237 on: July 22, 2015, 12:01:05 AM »
mine updated fine.

on a side note is the post apocalyptic costume pieces whited out for a reason? because they had color on day 1 but not since then.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #238 on: July 22, 2015, 12:03:35 AM »
mine did not update when launched from icon. but when launched separately it updated just fine to 98.a
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #239 on: July 22, 2015, 12:08:07 AM »

I wanna be Sheldon! (the egg)

Ha! Remember the episode where the shell cracked open to reveal... another shell!
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!