Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 210033 times)

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97e Beta!
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2015, 01:18:24 AM »
Well, you could always read the development roadmap stickied thread...

I dunno, that seems like cheating. <wink>

tzmakis

• Underling
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97f Beta!
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2015, 10:50:29 PM »
Can someone please help ??? All solutions are blocked for me.

First, I tried to download and install Tequila and I got this message in exchange

Then I am trying to install .NET 3.5 and I get this

I tried 5 different solutions that I found on the internet and nothing works. Please Im blocked for good. Any Help?

Note : I don't have City of Heroes on my computer, should I download it from somewhere specific? If yes the install location will be program files or My Documents like many suggested

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2015, 11:28:28 PM »

First, I tried to download and install Tequila and I got this message in exchange

I would recommend not putting Tequila in a folder whose name has a space in it.  I really don't recommend putting it in a folder on the Desktop either, although I know people have gotten it to work there.  I would recommend making a folder like C:\Tequila and putting Tequila in there, and running it from there.  Make it a folder with no spaces, punctuation, or other odd characters.  If Tequila runs correctly, it should download the City of Heroes client files that it needs on its own.

Bitters

• Celtic Captain 2017
  • Minion
Re: Paragon Chat 0.96 Beta!
« Reply #203 on: July 16, 2015, 01:47:26 PM »
Yes, there were no upper bounds on the scale, which could have been a problem if more people started pushing the limits.

Currently it's set to reject costumes outside the limits of the character creator's sliders, just because those were easy enough to find.

I'll probably relax the limits a bit so that people can make smaller than normal characters again, once I get a chance to figure out some reasonable numbers.

When we get the private moderated RP spaces, it's likely that the validation will be disabled for those areas, so you could have an alternate giant costume that works there but not in the public zones.

I knew this would happen since some people just can't seem to control themselves, but would it at least be possible to allow us increased values for the leg length slider, to simulate high heels, shoes and boots? I estimated that (2.54cm) 1"=.027 scale, so an upper end scale of .2 instead of .02 would be reasonable, and apply to the public zones?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2015, 05:38:47 PM »
I knew this would happen since some people just can't seem to control themselves, but would it at least be possible to allow us increased values for the leg length slider, to simulate high heels, shoes and boots?

Hmmm.... y'know what would be even cooler? If the high heel and boot costume parts just automatically added to the leg slider. I know I sort of let my neurotic tendencies about accuracy go when it came to characters wearing high heels, since their body height obviously wouldn't be the same with heels.

Alternatively, players could manually change the leg length of any character wearing heels. And if a character is already maxed out, just make their legs slightly shorter. Probably no one will notice.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2015, 07:12:44 PM »

Then I am trying to install .NET 3.5 and I get this

I tried 5 different solutions that I found on the internet and nothing works. Please Im blocked for good. Any Help?

Note : I don't have City of Heroes on my computer, should I download it from somewhere specific? If yes the install location will be program files or My Documents like many suggested
.net framework failing to be installed is an issue with windows, not an issue with tequilla, icon, or paragon chat. It will affect any older games you attempt to install on some level; and usually indicates a deep seated issue with your windows installation files.

windows 8 and windows 10 both have systems to quickly restore core system files, but these will erase your user information in many cases. Contact your manufacturer or a pc tech for specific instructions.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2015, 08:46:27 PM »
Not a huge problem because it's a slight glitch but if you accidentally not realize that you have one instance of Paragon Chat running and you try to start up another a message that, and I am paraphrasing here, says "Uh-oh! Paragon Chat was unable to start! Your Paragon Chat files may be corrupted.". In other words, it gives you an alarming message if you try to start up another session of Paragon Chat when you probably don't realize you already have one loaded up.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2015, 09:20:19 PM »
Not a huge problem because it's a slight glitch but if you accidentally not realize that you have one instance of Paragon Chat running and you try to start up another a message that, and I am paraphrasing here, says "Uh-oh! Paragon Chat was unable to start! Your Paragon Chat files may be corrupted.". In other words, it gives you an alarming message if you try to start up another session of Paragon Chat when you probably don't realize you already have one loaded up.

Yup.   One of the earlier problems discussed in my Common Questions and Problems guide, linked in my sig.

Bitters

• Celtic Captain 2017
  • Minion
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2015, 12:58:45 PM »
Hmmm.... y'know what would be even cooler? If the high heel and boot costume parts just automatically added to the leg slider. I know I sort of let my neurotic tendencies about accuracy go when it came to characters wearing high heels, since their body height obviously wouldn't be the same with heels.

Alternatively, players could manually change the leg length of any character wearing heels. And if a character is already maxed out, just make their legs slightly shorter. Probably no one will notice.

Yes, that would be even cooler, but would require extra programming that I wouldn't want other people to worry about. Just to clarify, from the normal leg position, the slider only allows for about one inch of increase, while boots and heels go up to 5"+. So the tailor already modifies legs by shortening to maintain the same height. What I'm proposing is that the limit be increased slightly to allow for this on chars with already max length leg slider. That would be playing within the numbers already created by the game (.02), while adding more realism. I'm a stickler for details as well, and as long as there is an opportunity to "fix" this now, why not try it. It never made any sense to me to have the slider increase when your costume just nullifies the changes anyway. The best way to change this would be to have Icon tailor recognize it for everyone and the .costume txt files without modifying the db obviously.

Just a quick thanks to the cape DJ's and all the supers last night at pocket D, I had a blast. So nice to see the city alive again!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:04:37 PM by Bitters »

Attache

• Underling
« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2015, 07:35:59 AM »
So cool to be back in the City with actual other people! However, I still have a fair number of costume options and all the auras locked. Kind of searching the forum a little and coming up empty. Not sure what's wrong since I definitely see auras on other players. Is there something I'm missing?

Myriade

« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2015, 07:38:01 AM »
Seems like some costume options are missing.
And when I convert all my sentinel+ costumes to be used in paragon chat (or in titan), only 8 costume toons are available to load despite the fact i had 30 costumes/toons saved and converted from sentinel+.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2015, 07:50:41 PM »
And when I convert all my sentinel+ costumes to be used in paragon chat (or in titan), only 8 costume toons are available to load despite the fact i had 30 costumes/toons saved and converted from sentinel+.
known issue that is being worked on. try going here http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11113.0.html to report any you can specifically identify.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #212 on: July 19, 2015, 06:49:59 PM »
No patches for several days... Starting to look good, CW! :)  Maybe that damned invisible bug has finally been squished!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »
No patches for several days... Starting to look good, CW! :)  Maybe that damned invisible bug has finally been squished!

I think Codewalker is working on a significant refactor of the costume code that will head off future invisibility bugs, but also requires compatibility code to be slipped into the update stream to prevent breaking older clients when it happens.  That's less of a quick patch and more of a moderate rewrite.

Dalantia

• Underling
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »
Pushing the button marked Launch City of Heroes doesn't seem to be doing anything. >_>

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2015, 02:45:43 AM »
Pushing the button marked Launch City of Heroes doesn't seem to be doing anything. >_>
Giving us absolutely nothing about your set up means we will be able to give you absolutely no help.

What OS and version are you using? What version of Paragon Chat are you using? Antivirus? Firewall? Error messages? Anything at all? "It doesn't work" is not a troubleshooting option.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2015, 07:54:39 AM »

Paragon Chat Quick Start Guide: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10977.msg186547.html#msg186547

Paragon Chat Common Questions and Problems Guide: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10977.msg186581.html#msg186581

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2015, 05:15:50 AM »
paragon chat does not walk my dog when I press the button.please fix. also....wait a second..I don't have a dog!!! who's dog have I been manually walking?

BluArcher

• Underling
« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2015, 08:44:30 AM »

how was you able to convert your sentinel+ files ??
i thought that was not added yet ?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.98 Beta!
« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2015, 08:49:24 AM »
Download link updated

Patch Notes

Version 0.98 Beta
  • Paragon Chat is now able to check for newer versions of itself on startup. It has 4 settings for this option:

Never check
    Notify when a new version is available
    Automatically install minor upgrades
    Automatically install all upgrades

The UI for this is still a work in progress, but it is functional.

• The Launch button is now the default button and will activate when pressing Enter in the login form.

• A workaround has been added to attempt to address the issues encountered by users who have Unicode characters in their user profile path.

• Separating multiple commands with $$ should now work correctly.

• Basic chat variable expansion has been implemented and several of the more common variables have been added, such as $name, $archetype, $origin, $battlecry, and $target.

• Keybinds and window layout are now saved to the database and persisted between sessions. Tray contents are not yet implemented.

• A /roll command for rolling dice has been added. By itself, it will roll a 20-sided die. The results of the die roll are shown to players in local chat range. It takes parameters in several different forms:

/roll 100
    Roll a 100-sided die
    /roll 3d6
    Roll 3 6-sided dice and add them together
    /roll @global 2x12
    Roll 2 12-sided dice and send the results only to the player @global (not to others in local range)
    /roll 4 8
    Roll 4 8-sided dice
    /roll
    Roll a 20-sided die

The maximum number of sides of a die that can be used are 100,000. The maximum number of dice that can be rolled at once is 100. Keep in mind that large dice pools have a higher probability of rolling totals in the middle of the possible range, approximating a bell curve distribution. For multi-die rolls, the individual results can be seen by the player who issued the /roll command in the Combat To-hit roll channel.

As Paragon Chat is a cooperative program it is impossible to guarantee that rolls have not been tampered with, so it should not be used for anything serious that the honor system is not sufficient for.

• The local chat radius in Pocket D has been reduced to 50 feet.

• The /getglobalname and /getglobalsilent commands have been added. This should make player notes more or less functional. Be aware that player notes were not designed for non-unique character names and may run into issues with them.

• An -offline command-line parameter has been added. Running Paragon Chat with this parameter disables all network access requirements and allows you to log in without an Internet connection in order to manage characters, edit costumes, etc.

When running with -offline, the XMPP login form is disabled. Many functions are not available without an XMPP connection. A connection can still be set up manually once loaded into a zone with the various /xmpp advanced commands if desired (see the Slash Command thread for more information).

• The progress bar now provides some text feedback about the task in progress.

• The main window can now be closed while Paragon Chat is still loading.