Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 211996 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97e Beta!
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2015, 06:24:53 AM »
Random question

How often are the "big" updates (such as adding travel powers, base building options, etc. Not daily hotfixes) going to be put out? Are they on a targeted schedule or completely at random?

Given that the whole thing is a volunteer project that people are doing in their spare time (such as it is), the answer to that is: When they're done.

Which, to quote the development roadmap, is between "sometime" and "whenever".

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2015, 07:03:58 AM »
I have no problem with that, considering what you have already given us..thank you a quadrabazillion times infinity!!!!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2015, 07:14:29 AM »
Doing a great job folks, we understand that it takes time for things to be fixed/added so do it at your speed (Don't forget to take breaks) we will still be here waiting, as we have been for nearly 3 years. I for one am just happy to be able to enter the game and see my friends again online in the City/Isles we love.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2015, 12:33:20 PM »
Ok so it auto-places them as heroes or villains, respectively?
Yeah.
And CW will respond by nerfing regen.
And Accuracy.

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2015, 12:38:34 PM »
Great job is an understatement, Ive seen mmos take years to do what leo and CW have done in a week as far as bug fixes go. And with much nicer attitudes. Paragon chat is amazing on so many levels.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2015, 02:23:32 PM »
There's a delay between when Codewalker makes an update, and when Leandro actually sees it and updates the manifest for Tequila. Leandro's not just sitting at his computer all day hitting F5 over and over to see if Codewalker released version 0.9759374g after all...

Edit: If you don't want to wait, download it manually from the link in the first post and drop it into your install folder, and launch it directly instead of through Tequila.
To be clear, not a complaint about the .97e not loading, just noting it at the time.  :)

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2015, 03:08:43 PM »
Which, to quote the development roadmap, is between "sometime" and "whenever".

Curious, is there a place we can view the actual development roadmap?  It would be nice to think of what's coming.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2015, 03:14:42 PM »
Curious, is there a place we can view the actual development roadmap?  It would be nice to think of what's coming.

Well, you could always read the development roadmap stickied thread...

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2015, 03:26:40 PM »
Well, you could always read the development roadmap stickied thread...

Perhaps I could be blind, too.  *facepalm*

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »
It almost sounds like all these invisibility issues are 'bugging' CodeWalker...

shadowcatkevin

• Underling
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2015, 06:41:36 PM »
its not letting me login, I keep getting a "Cannot connect to DBserver" error, what am I doing wrong, running Windows 7

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
shadowcatkelvin: you aren't closing the Paragon Chat login window after starting the game, right?

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2015, 06:47:30 PM »
Say, Codewalker, not sure what you did with 0.97e, but suddenly the game runs much smoother on the Mac client.  Before it was taking a long time to zone and load maps...now it's happening almost instantly.

shadowcatkevin

• Underling
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2015, 06:57:33 PM »
puts head in hands and just loudly says DOH!!!! my apologies for being really dumb

El Furioso

• Underling
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97d Beta!
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
One unusual bug I've run into (forgive me if I missed it posted elsewhere): When I created my namesake, I loaded up a .costume file that contained a couple of veteran award costume pieces (the boxer shoes and champion belt), and the costume came in and worked just fine. However, when I went to the tailor to add a second costume, I got an error that these pieces weren't available to me. I couldn't select them from their respective pulldowns, nor could I load up a .costume file that included them without getting an error.

So, for some reason, it would let me use these pieces when I originally created my hero, but not during any subsequent tailor sessions. A bit wonky, so I thought I'd just bring it up. :)

I can confirm that the latest update fixes the costume weirdness I was experiencing. :D

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2015, 07:58:45 PM »
Version 0.97f Beta
  • New config file "string.cfg" includes missing P-Strings for many NPC names. This allows them to spawn in the map, and you can override the names (locally) by editing this file.
  • Will strongly warn if you try to close Paragon Chat while the City of Heroes client is running. Fixes "Cannot Connect to DBserver" for those who were closing Paragon Chat as soon as the game opened.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97f Beta!
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2015, 08:15:54 PM »
Thank You for all the recent hard work, Paragon Chat Team!!!

Seriously, I know we say thank you, but I wonder if you know how important this platform has become to us in just a few days, and how much we appreciate your labour on it!
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2015, 08:58:39 PM »
This is simply not working for me.  I'm using the Mac client, I have I24, I have the latest version of paragonchat.exe in the coh directory, but when I hit the Play button on Island Rum, absolutely nothing happens.  The client opens, but no windows open in the client.  There's no error message, the client doesn't freeze or crash, it just does nothing.

I'm baffled.  Did I miss a step installing it, or something?

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2015, 09:04:56 PM »
Can't help with Mac issues, sorry. Talk to Manga. I have never touched a Mac.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2015, 09:06:30 PM »
It seems that Codewalker is knocking out the patches at a fair clip already!

I think we'll have made 'some' progress down that 'timeline of milestones' come the 3rd anniversary of Coh's closure.

Paragon Chat has only been 'open' a week!  And already a whirlwind of updates.

I think 'Score' are doing the right thing by getting 'something' out there.  Putting a timeline of rough progress to be expected (*managing the project expectations...) and given the community the 'rebirth' piece by piece.  Jigsaw piece by...

Great work so far.  So unreal to be in Atlas chatting to fellow luminaries.

It's so surreal.

I count the game as 'back' because we can meet and greet via the chat window.  We have a server!

Azrael.