Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 211828 times)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97c Beta!
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »
I mean, it doesn't matter too much. At best, I believe we're only getting travel powers back in PC. Powers-wise, that is.
if I am not mistaken, some costume pieces are tied to specific origins and/or power sets though?
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2015, 07:50:49 PM »
if I am not mistaken, some costume pieces are tied to specific origins and/or power sets though?
Not a single thing is tied to origins other than titles and enhancement names and some text you get in some story content. Not a single costume piece is tied to origins at all.

No costume pieces are tied to power sets other than custom weapons.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Zortel

• Underling
  • Up-n-Away Burger Fan
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2015, 08:30:06 PM »
I'm finding it sends new characters straight to the tutorial, without offering an option to select if they want to be heroes or villains. If you mapmove out of Outbreak it leaves the alignment icon near the HP/END bar blank.
Wheel of Alts, turn turn turn, who shall I play? Nobody knows!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2015, 08:48:43 PM »
Not sure if it's been reported, but 97c seems to lock Nature Affinity, Beam Rifle, Water Blast, Beast Mastery, Psionic Melee, Staff Fighting, Street Justice, Titan Weapons, and Bio Armor from being selectable and clicking the store leads to a white blank page that never loads.

Ah yes, I suppose that makes sense. I removed the sending of the entire account catalog since it was no longer necessary now that the costume pieces are being patched to remove the requirements. Now only a few product codes like the one for rename tokens and super tailor access are being sent.

The good(?) news is that it doesn't affect anything since the powers that you choose at character creation are not saved anywhere, anyway.

I'll look and see if I can find out which one is needed to bypass the forced tutorial, so that non-neutral alignment characters can be created.

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2015, 09:24:45 PM »
Yeah, that only really needs fixing if we can activate our powers down the line I'd guess.  ;D

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2015, 12:09:03 AM »
Silly question,  any chance the hidden "matrix" room can be added to the map list?
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Fighting Blaze

• Prom King 2017
  • Underling
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2015, 12:18:52 AM »
Quick question, I saw a new trail aura added that was a rainbow but they didn't have it at the tailor, do I need to update my game or is there a new beta out?

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2015, 01:05:54 AM »
Found a new issue - When creating new characters, you no longer have the choice of hero/villain, it automatically puts you in Outbreak no matter what.

Twi

• Connoisseur of Fine Imports
  • Lieutenant
  • Defender
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2015, 01:28:26 AM »
Devs hate redside.
I am a defender and so can you.

Blackgrue

• Lieutenant
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2015, 01:38:17 AM »
Suggestion: Set the launcher to close automatically after launching City of Heroes, I got back from an errend and in my tired state tried to launch the client to get some RPing and skiing in... but it came up with a "Could not launch database" error... I panicked and was looking for the database file... and then noticed I had two launchers open. Oops.
Virtue native

Main characters:
Diz the Goblin
Projekt Redstorm

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2015, 02:07:52 AM »
Suggestion: Set the launcher to close automatically after launching City of Heroes, I got back from an errend and in my tired state tried to launch the client to get some RPing and skiing in... but it came up with a "Could not launch database" error... I panicked and was looking for the database file... and then noticed I had two launchers open. Oops.

Which launcher do you mean? The Paragon Chat window needs to stay open for you to connect to people; the Tequila launcher can close (as far as I know).

Edit: This may help clarify what is called a "launcher" and what is not: http://imgur.com/a/TDCyB

Silly question,  any chance the hidden "matrix" room can be added to the map list?

As I recall, that room is underneath the Arenas. There was a video about getting to the one beneath Talos's arena (I think) while the game was live, and I suspect that's the only way to try to go about it in Paragon Chat. You can get there in Icon, of course, since that allows you to move through walls.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:16:26 AM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Shidan

• Minion
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2015, 02:17:19 AM »
There was a video about getting to the one beneath Talos's arena (I think)
I know there was one for the Peregrine Island, though IIRC it required SJ or fly.

Fighting Blaze

• Prom King 2017
  • Underling
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97 Beta!
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2015, 02:37:10 AM »
0.97 Beta is live, OP updated.

Version 0.97 Beta
  • Fixed another possible cause of the invisibility bug.

• New command: /mapmenu opens a menu listing all zones defined in zone.cfg for easy travel.

• Changed the accesslevel reported to the client from 0 to 1. This allows access to the console as well as the /url slash command in order to use the in-game browser. Be advised that the in-game browser is quite old and likely has security holes; use it for trusted sites only.

• Added many more emotes that were previously badged-locked or part of purchasable packs. These will still show up as locked in the menu, but can be used by typing their name.

• Fixed super tailors / cosmetic surgeons to allow gender changes.

• Fixed a great many costume parts to be correctly unlocked both at character creation as well as in the tailor.

Known issue: Choosing a powerset with a custom weapon will cause all costume slots to show up as locked until you visit the tailor. Using the tailor will remove the weapon and unlock the slot. This is a harmless cosmetic issue.

• The case with which you type your login name is now used to set the preferred capitalization of your global handle. It no longer uses the username as reported by the XMPP server, which for Openfire was all lowercase.

• The zone that your character is in is now correctly only sent to global friends. It is no longer leaked to global channels in XMPP presence data.

Link? Anyone? Or at least tell me which page has the 0.97

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2015, 02:39:36 AM »
The download link in the first post is always the most recent version of Paragon Chat.

Bold

• Minion
« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2015, 03:33:00 AM »
Having an issue with skirts not being able to take patterns now. Seems to not be just me.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97d Beta!
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2015, 06:29:33 AM »
The pattern issue should be fixed in the latest update.

Version 0.97d Beta
  • Costume parts with a texture and a mask should once again be selectable.

• Correct product codes are sent to the client to make the tutorial optional.

• Powersets that were formerly purchasable should once again be selectable during character creation.

• Version number added to the main Paragon Chat window as it was being cut off of the title bar on Windows 8 and with certain font sizes.

• The Paragon Chat logo should now be visible on computers running Windows XP.

• The version of Paragon Chat that someone is running can now be seen in the player information window.

• Two new easter egg NPCs added. One is obvious. The other is not.

• Re-instated presence optimization that had been reverted due to invisibility bug.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2015, 07:09:06 AM »
I know there was one for the Peregrine Island, though IIRC it required SJ or fly.

The Peregrine Island version needed fly as I recall.  Can't remember about the Talos Island one.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.95 Beta!
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2015, 07:44:23 AM »
"You are likely to be eaten by a grue?"

You know, I have been chuckling about that every time I went past it for days, and only now realized I should comment. I actually played Zork on Dyna-Mod back at MIT longer ago than I prefer to so openly admit. I am guessing that anyone else who even knows what I'm talking about is probably familiar with the later PC release, which sadly didn't include everything the original did. Somewhere in a filing box I still have a couple of inches of continuous feed paper with a Zork node-map on it I and my buddies made back in the day.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97d Beta!
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2015, 07:49:54 AM »
Codewalker: based on the fact that at least one, perhaps many players have stumbled onto this problem, I would recommend that when the close window button is clicked on Paragon Chat, a warning is displayed telling the player that if they close the window, Paragon Chat will close down and City of Heroes/Paragon Chat will not work properly after that point.  They should do that only if they have already closed Cityofheroes.exe (in fact, maybe PC could check to see if the child process is dead and if not then display the warning, and close quietly if Cityofheroes.exe is not running).

I have added this to my Common Questions and Problems thread, but you might consider adding this warning to your FAQ first post as well.

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »
As I recall, that room is underneath the Arenas. There was a video about getting to the one beneath Talos's arena (I think) while the game was live, and I suspect that's the only way to try to go about it in Paragon Chat. You can get there in Icon, of course, since that allows you to move through walls.

This video maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6qZ8CMoU1k by Hyperstrike.
I tried to get to get to the matrix room like this but at the crucial point I got the message: You cannot enter. Sidestepped and ended up at the Talos Ferry to PI.
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.