Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 209935 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Paragon Chat 0.965 Beta!
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2015, 07:43:44 PM »
Bug: Keymapping in options reloads to default settings every time you mapmove to a new zone. Also Windows reloads to default settings every time I change the chat bubble color.

Once you have settings you like, save them to the defaults. Do this for Windows, Chat, Options, and Keybinds (the 4 "save to defaults" buttons in the options menus). After you zone, just go through and load all 4 from defaults, and your settings will go back to the way you had them set.

I guess another way of saying this is that the game client keeps its own defaults, but Paragon Chat overrides them (or something) when you mapmove. Fortunately, it doesn't erase the game's defaults, so you can get them back no sweat.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Golden Aurora

• Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.966 Beta!
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2015, 08:28:21 PM »
I'm very pleased to announce the availability of Paragon Chat 0.966 Beta!

Download

Save it to your Issue 24 directory (usually called CohBeta or I24) and run it from there.

Patch Notes

Version 0.965 Beta
  • The version number is now displayed in the title bar.

• Fixed yet another different cause of the invisible player bug.

• The Ski Chalet is now visible!

• Incoming costumes from other players are validated to ensure their scales are in range and they do not contain any FX that are not designed to be applied to a player costume and might crash your client.

• The 'Store', 'Manage Account', and 'Support' buttons in the in-game browser are no longer completely useless.

Just one question... What changed between 0.965 and 0.966? Is it just a bugfix?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2015, 08:36:27 PM »
Not even a fix, the only change is adding a temporary debug hook for me to be able to gather some extra diagnostic info (just a copy of the costume as the sender sees it) from people who are experiencing the invisibility bug.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2015, 05:49:13 AM »
Latest updates are more and more exciting - so many more doors opening, and the Ski Chalet, huzzah! It's like Christmas.  In July!!   ;D

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »
Was running around on old maps did basic emote testing. Good times!!  Very good to see other people. Tyvm for this. Looking forward to seeing your updates and vision of this program!
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.96 Beta!
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2015, 06:05:41 PM »
This kind of sucks since we were just managing to get armour toggles showing up properly to make characters feel alive.

Unfortunately it could also be the source of a lot of issues, as there are all kinds of different Fx in the game and allowing any of them to be attached to costumes could result in a bad costume being a serious disruption (think the Mot tentacle teleport Fx), or worse, crashing people's clients by spamming lingering fx past the limit.

Ideally we'd be able to whitelist the ones that were used for toggle powers, but Paragon Chat doesn't currently load enough of the game data to be able to do that in an automated fashion. It's something that can be revisited when that data is needed for other purposes.

Richpur

• Underling
Re: Paragon Chat 0.96 Beta!
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »
Unfortunately it could also be the source of a lot of issues, as there are all kinds of different Fx in the game and allowing any of them to be attached to costumes could result in a bad costume being a serious disruption (think the Mot tentacle teleport Fx), or worse, crashing people's clients by spamming lingering fx past the limit.

Ideally we'd be able to whitelist the ones that were used for toggle powers, but Paragon Chat doesn't currently load enough of the game data to be able to do that in an automated fashion. It's something that can be revisited when that data is needed for other purposes.

Do you mean that it doesn't load enough to check whether an fx string in the costume file matches a whitelist, or that the whitelist can't be generated automatically? Since if it's the latter making the whitelist manually is a non-trivial but plausible task.  I was already intending to work my way through the fx files making a list tallying up which power required which effect entry.
Note To Self : Toggles.

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2015, 01:39:18 AM »
Was on for a bit last night with a friend who'd never played CoH, showing her around a bit. We were at the Tailors in AP (so far her favorite part is the costume creator... isn't it everyone's?)

I uploaded a few outfit's I'd created in Icon for a character I use as an NPC in a PnP game while she was working on her second costume. When she was done she still looked the same... which was not what she was describing. So, figuring zoning might fix it we hoped over to The Hive. She went invisible at that point. There were a couple other people there at the entrance and they couldn't see her either. She logged out and back in and that fixed things. Took a couple seconds for the rest of us to show up for her, but think that's normal.

And, yes, after she logged back in her costume was indeed different from what she had started with.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2015, 04:22:50 AM »
Anyone know how to delete a character slot.  I had PC freeze during character creation earlier this week, and now the slot is inaccessible, even though it has the character's name.  Below the character name (Vigilante Girl) is the message:
"Level 1 - OfflineString OfflineString - 5671 days offline"

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2015, 04:53:33 AM »
Anyone know how to delete a character slot.  I had PC freeze during character creation earlier this week, and now the slot is inaccessible, even though it has the character's name.  Below the character name (Vigilante Girl) is the message:
"Level 1 - OfflineString OfflineString - 5671 days offline"

In the top right area there's a circle with a red head silhouette and X type shape. It's not very clear, and I looked a bit after having the same issue.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Carnildo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2015, 05:45:02 AM »
Took a couple seconds for the rest of us to show up for her, but think that's normal.

That's normal.  To keep the network load from causing problems, PC takes about ten seconds to transfer everyone's costume data when you log in or zone.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97 Beta!
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2015, 08:04:22 AM »
0.97 Beta is live, OP updated.

Version 0.97 Beta
  • Fixed another possible cause of the invisibility bug.

• New command: /mapmenu opens a menu listing all zones defined in zone.cfg for easy travel.

• Changed the accesslevel reported to the client from 0 to 1. This allows access to the console as well as the /url slash command in order to use the in-game browser. Be advised that the in-game browser is quite old and likely has security holes; use it for trusted sites only.

• Added many more emotes that were previously badged-locked or part of purchasable packs. These will still show up as locked in the menu, but can be used by typing their name.

• Fixed super tailors / cosmetic surgeons to allow gender changes.

• Fixed a great many costume parts to be correctly unlocked both at character creation as well as in the tailor.

Known issue: Choosing a powerset with a custom weapon will cause all costume slots to show up as locked until you visit the tailor. Using the tailor will remove the weapon and unlock the slot. This is a harmless cosmetic issue.

• The case with which you type your login name is now used to set the preferred capitalization of your global handle. It no longer uses the username as reported by the XMPP server, which for Openfire was all lowercase.

• The zone that your character is in is now correctly only sent to global friends. It is no longer leaked to global channels in XMPP presence data.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.97c Beta!
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2015, 12:36:42 PM »
0.97c also enables the Architect building consoles. Clicking on them will bring up the Architect UI. Of course you cannot test or play the missions, but if you just want to view and edit your existing mission files, or make new ones, now you can.

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »
Not sure if it's been reported, but 97c seems to lock Nature Affinity, Beam Rifle, Water Blast, Beast Mastery, Psionic Melee, Staff Fighting, Street Justice, Titan Weapons, and Bio Armor from being selectable and clicking the store leads to a white blank page that never loads.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2015, 03:45:34 PM »
Not sure if it's been reported, but 97c seems to lock Nature Affinity, Beam Rifle, Water Blast, Beast Mastery, Psionic Melee, Staff Fighting, Street Justice, Titan Weapons, and Bio Armor from being selectable and clicking the store leads to a white blank page that never loads.
Just noticed the same thing, with Nature Affinity being locked.

Kudos, however, on restoring all the wings options.   :)

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2015, 03:56:06 PM »
Might be a glitch or bug but Paragon Market powers such as Staff Fighting, Nature Affinity, Street Justice, etc, are all locked

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2015, 05:07:45 PM »
Might be a glitch or bug but Paragon Market powers such as Staff Fighting, Nature Affinity, Street Justice, etc, are all locked

I was wondering the same thing.  I thought I had those earlier, but really I am not sure.

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2015, 05:19:16 PM »
I mean, it doesn't matter too much. At best, I believe we're only getting travel powers back in PC. Powers-wise, that is.

Stasis Kiss

• Underling
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2015, 06:30:31 PM »
/mapmenu is a godsend. thanks! that's my kinda Quality of Life update :P

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2015, 07:35:49 PM »
One more point release and we'll be running Paragon Chat: The Next Generation