Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 209943 times)

StalkerHunter

• Underling
Re: Paragon Chat 0.96 Beta!
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2015, 02:30:50 AM »
Hey folks having trouble getting into paragon chat. I get to the login and enter my username and password and launch the program but it tells me the XMPP was unable to connect. It also says for me to make sure my XMPP login information is correct. Which it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Shidan

• Minion
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2015, 02:43:41 AM »
also, when will we be able to have costumes of different genders?
Pretty sure that's already enabled. Just gotta go to one of the right tailors for it.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2015, 03:17:24 AM »
Hey folks having trouble getting into paragon chat. I get to the login and enter my username and password and launch the program but it tells me the XMPP was unable to connect. It also says for me to make sure my XMPP login information is correct. Which it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you check the Titan control panel to make sure your Titan account was working and linked to Paragon Chat?

See "I can't log into Paragon Chat" in my Common Questions and Problems guide, also linked in my sig.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2015, 03:42:49 AM »
This is probably pretty minor, but I noticed last night that when I changed zones, many of my "options" settings would revert back to the default.  (Things like setting a key for screenshots, choosing user-name colors for the chat window, little things like that.)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2015, 04:21:12 AM »
This is probably pretty minor, but I noticed last night that when I changed zones, many of my "options" settings would revert back to the default.  (Things like setting a key for screenshots, choosing user-name colors for the chat window, little things like that.)
I'm getting the same thing.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

TobinQ

• Underling
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2015, 04:31:59 AM »
My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question, but is anyone else getting stuck at the Atlas Park loading screen? I can get into the chat client, the game client, make a character, select it and....the loading bar looks like it is going to quickly fill up and then ...bam...nada. City of Heroes (Not Responding). :(

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2015, 06:05:56 AM »
The OP has been updated with 0.965 beta.

Patch Notes

Version 0.965 Beta
  • The version number is now displayed in the title bar.

• Fixed yet another different cause of the invisible player bug.

• The Ski Chalet is now visible!

• Incoming costumes from other players are validated to ensure their scales are in range and they do not contain any FX that are not designed to be applied to a player costume and might crash your client.

• The 'Store', 'Manage Account', and 'Support' buttons in the in-game browser are no longer completely useless.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:13:49 AM by Codewalker »

BitLoadR

• Lieutenant
  • <F6> <F6> <F6> ...
Re: Paragon Chat 0.965 Beta!
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2015, 06:11:58 AM »
I'm very pleased to announce the availability of Paragon Chat 0.965 Beta!
Download
Save it to your Issue 24 directory (usually called CohBeta or I24) and run it from there.
Patch Notes

Version 0.965 Beta
  • Incoming costumes from other players are validated to ensure their scales are in range and they do not contain any FX that is not designed to be applied to a player costume and might crash your client.
  • The 'Store', 'Manage Account', and 'Support' buttons in the in-game browser are no longer completely useless.

Seriously CW, do you ever take a break from coding?!
This is so awesome!

Thanks you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you x 1001011010110onezerooneonezerozerooolol101101011! zOMG!
playing on Reunion as Star Jewel, Emberflair, Lumitia, Novaspark, Dawnshade, Mystfure, Ion Blaze, Heatstrike, more...

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2015, 06:24:46 AM »
  • Incoming costumes from other players are validated to ensure their scales are in range and they do not contain any FX that are not designed to be applied to a player costume and might crash your client.

I take that to mean that we are no longer allowed to make 50 foot tall monstrosities or super tiny costumes anymore...? Ah well, was fun while it lasted... In moderation, it could have been good for RPing, but I guess some folks took it a wee bit too far...

(Apologies for my giant robot Cookie Thief costume.... I only used that costume a few times, and usually only for minute or two at most, I was trying to not be obnoxious about it, the Tiny costumes I wouldn't think would be much of an issue(within a certain range), but I can understand the giant ones being problematic......)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2015, 06:43:06 AM »
The OP has been updated with 0.965 beta.

Patch Notes

Version 0.965 Beta

Paragon Chat Roadmap:

Version 0.9655: Changed font of the version number
Version 0.96551: Version number field extended to allow for more than five digits
Version 0.9.6.5.5.1.2: Version number now delineated with decimal markers
Version 0.9.6.5.5.1.2.1 beta: fixed missing Beta indicator from version number
Version 0.9.6.5.5.1.2.1.9 Beta: fixed capitalization on Beta indicator, code clean up to prepare for Version 0.9.6.5.5.1.2.2.0 release

Starhammer

• Underling
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2015, 06:49:02 AM »
I take that to mean that we are no longer allowed to make 50 foot tall monstrosities or super tiny costumes anymore...? Ah well, was fun while it lasted... In moderation, it could have been good for RPing, but I guess some folks took it a wee bit too far...

(Apologies for my giant robot Cookie Thief costume.... I only used that costume a few times, and usually only for minute or two at most, I was trying to not be obnoxious about it, the Tiny costumes I wouldn't think would be much of an issue(within a certain range), but I can understand the giant ones being problematic......)

That's a bummer. I was quite enthused to see characters larger or smaller than was previously allowed. Is this validation also going to impair costumes that have been "hacked" to use NPC-only models? I was planning to give that a try, but the gray-matter doesn't want an unnecessary learning curve if it's just gonna be invalidated :/

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2015, 07:17:48 AM »
Just wanted to ask as couldn't see if the question had been asked somewhere else, does PC automatically update or do you have download the new version?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2015, 08:30:50 AM »
Just wanted to ask as couldn't see if the question had been asked somewhere else, does PC automatically update or do you have download the new version?

Paragon Chat has no intrinsic capability of updating itself.  Tequila and Island Rum are the intended updaters for Icon and Paragon Chat.  Tequila and Island Rum can be slightly behind, as they need their manifest files updated to point to new versions and are not directly maintained by Codewalker, whereas Codewalker can release new versions of Paragon Chat every five minutes if he wants to.  At the moment, I believe Tequila is still downloading Paragon Chat 0.96.  I would expect it to be downloading 0.965 by tomorrow.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2015, 08:36:16 AM »
Paragon Chat has no intrinsic capability of updating itself.  Tequila and Island Rum are the intended updaters for Icon and Paragon Chat.  Tequila and Island Rum can be slightly behind, as they need their manifest files updated to point to new versions and are not directly maintained by Codewalker, whereas Codewalker can release new versions of Paragon Chat every five minutes if he wants to.  At the moment, I believe Tequila is still downloading Paragon Chat 0.96.  I would expect it to be downloading 0.965 by tomorrow.

Thanks Arcana

Azrael

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.95 Beta!
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2015, 10:00:07 AM »
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:07:09 AM by Azrael »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2015, 01:15:05 PM »

Yes, there were no upper bounds on the scale, which could have been a problem if more people started pushing the limits.

Currently it's set to reject costumes outside the limits of the character creator's sliders, just because those were easy enough to find.

I'll probably relax the limits a bit so that people can make smaller than normal characters again, once I get a chance to figure out some reasonable numbers.

When we get the private moderated RP spaces, it's likely that the validation will be disabled for those areas, so you could have an alternate giant costume that works there but not in the public zones.

Is this validation also going to impair costumes that have been "hacked" to use NPC-only models?

Those are still not validated, for the moment. It could be easily added if necessary but so far there hasn't been a need to. If I do have to enable it, I'll probably do so in a way that still allows the NPC pieces selectable in Icon NPC mode, but disallows geos that aren't designed for the player rig.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »
Version 0.9655: Changed font of the version number

The primary reason that this was 0.965 instead of 0.97 is that there was one other problem I was working on that I couldn't find a fix for, but didn't want to delay the other fixes longer.

That problem is the odd disparity where some costume pieces show up in the character creator, but don't show up in the in-game tailor. The Tier 9 VIP items like the Mecha pieces are the most obvious example. I'm not sure what's causing it, as other SKU-locked items continue to work fine.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.95 Beta!
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »
If one day, this goes open source (not anytime soon, sure...) after the key pillars are brought back to life.  This could outstrip the original game's subscriber base and development.  The hints about LUA(?) scripting...and sheer force of numbers to add eg. mission tools and modding?  Force multiplier once the full community can get their hands on this.  Running their own servers.

People can already run their own servers, see the FAQ for details.

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2015, 02:53:06 PM »
Ok, so I created a character, logged in (and silly me, accidently went to Outbreak, as I selected yes for tutorial, oops).

I did the mapmove command to go to atlas park.

Once Atlas loaded, I got a "Cannot connect to mapserver" error, and now I can't log in anymore. When I do, it times out and I get "Cannot connect to DBserver".

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2015, 02:55:03 PM »
Ok, so I created a character, logged in (and silly me, accidently went to Outbreak, as I selected yes for tutorial, oops).

I did the mapmove command to go to atlas park.

Once Atlas loaded, I got a "Cannot connect to mapserver" error, and now I can't log in anymore. When I do, it times out and I get "Cannot connect to DBserver".

You're doing something wrong. You should never get asked to go to the tutorial. Your install is trying to connect to the actual CoH servers, which no longer exist... You ARE running the Paragon Chat app, and not starting CoH directly, right?