Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 210072 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.95 Beta!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 04:06:10 AM »
No, in Tequila.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Thezanman

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 04:13:47 AM »
I'm getting a problem where I click on launch city of heroes and the loading bar shows up but doesn't ever launch the game.

tripthicket

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 04:18:44 AM »
Dropbox died under load. There are instructions for a fix in the Tequila thread, first  post, in red.

Thanks! In and running around! Next step: remember how to move around! (new and different type of mouse)

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 04:23:38 AM »
it never loads for me. It downloaded the manifest fine, has the PC click bit, but then... nothing

Running on Island Rum.

JadeFalcon

• Minion
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 04:29:34 AM »
No, in Tequila.

Oh, I don't have that but I just added -localhost to a ParagonChat.exe shortcut and that worked.

Thanks! :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 04:29:43 AM »
Buncha people with Island Rum problems. Manga has an Island Rum thread in General.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 04:58:17 AM »
I'm in Atlas, standing on the steps, watching chat scroll by with tears in my eyes.

Thank you.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 05:28:36 AM »
ok, followed Manga's instructions, and got it running, but now it hangs at the 127.0.0.1 bit, even with the -localhost flag added

Greyhawk

• Underling
    • Brian's Meandering Mind
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 06:21:53 AM »
Thank-you for doing the hard work to make this happen.  Being back in Paragon City and surrounded by others is a wonderful feeling.  It's truly magical.

I tried to take several screenshots today but apparently none of them were saved.  I don't know if this is a bug or something that hasn't been added yet, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Decoy

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2015, 06:43:49 AM »
Thank you Codewalker and friends.  That was fantastic.

LegionAlpha

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2015, 06:44:36 AM »
I wiped my computer, all my old files are deleted. Am I out of luck?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 06:53:20 AM »

2 minutes reading the forum would answer: No.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 07:03:54 AM »

It is still possible to get a copy of the I24 client.  Use the Tequila software or Island Rum software depending on whether you run a Windows or Mac system.  Tequila over here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9531.0.html.  Island Rum over there: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9502.0.html.  Instructions in those threads.

Because load and activity is pretty high right now, its possible it may be very difficult or slow to fetch an entire copy of the I24 client from scratch (its a little more than 5GB).  So you might be out of luck in the sense that you did not have the opportunity to fetch files before the mad scramble.  But things should settle down within a few days or so.  I have no idea what download speeds are like now.

LegionAlpha

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 07:04:37 AM »
You can use Tequila for that. It can also download Icon and Paragon Chat.

Where is tequila? Besides in my fridge.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 07:35:20 AM »
Hi guys, Having a few issues tonight. I am not sure if it is the server. I was able to log into the game a few hours ago and had a blast. Regarding the Tequila issue, I have done the required repairs to get the program to download a new manifest from the source given. Clicked OK and through the process of something being downloaded; the program stopped responding O_o

Now for the Paragon Chat which was working a few hours ago gave me this error when trying to start it:

"Paragon Chat was unable to start!",  "Failed to initialize the database. Your ParaginChat.db file may be corrupt".

Let me also mention that while I first started the program I had a few costumes saved in the Coh24 beta costumes folder. I pulled up and recreated all 24 of my costumes onto Paragon Chat's character slots. I logged in had a blast for a about an hour or 2. After that I decided to log out to the character select screen; tried to pull up another of my heroes, tells me name is taken, I thought okay. So i tried another unique name of my other creations; It tells me the same thing! So I figured I had to log out. I did so back to the log in screen. then I re logged, clicked on the server got in then guess what... I had lost all the characters I recreated :(

I am going to wait until CodeWalker can finish and polish the game up. That put me out for a good bit. Looking forward to a solution soon!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 08:12:38 AM »
"Paragon Chat was unable to start!",  "Failed to initialize the database. Your ParaginChat.db file may be corrupt".

Check to make sure Paragon Chat itself isn't still running in the background.  While I was using PC and doing a bunch of experimentation, I was stopping and restarting Paragon Chat.  At one point, I stopped it but failed to notice it shut down the City of Heroes game client itself, but kept Paragon Chat still running.  When it got hidden behind another window I didn't notice it was still there and tried to start it again.  If a copy is already running, it will lock the sqlite databases it relies on, and the second copy won't be able to run.

I'm embarrassed to say this took longer to figure out the first time it happened to me than it really ought to have.  In my defense, I'm ... experimenting, and I have several dozen windows open at the moment *just* devoted to Paragon Chat.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 08:44:38 AM »
Check to make sure Paragon Chat itself isn't still running in the background.  While I was using PC and doing a bunch of experimentation, I was stopping and restarting Paragon Chat.  At one point, I stopped it but failed to notice it shut down the City of Heroes game client itself, but kept Paragon Chat still running.  When it got hidden behind another window I didn't notice it was still there and tried to start it again.  If a copy is already running, it will lock the sqlite databases it relies on, and the second copy won't be able to run.

I'm embarrassed to say this took longer to figure out the first time it happened to me than it really ought to have.  In my defense, I'm ... experimenting, and I have several dozen windows open at the moment *just* devoted to Paragon Chat.

Arcana,

You hit the nail on the head! I just noticed the paragon chat program was still open! annnnd hidden. I just closed it and now both Tequila AND Paragon Chat is working properly :) Thanks a lot!

Though now I am going to see if my characters were saved on the server "Gulps". If not well its beta. Things like this are bound to happen.

Edit: Well the characters are gone for good, but no biggie. Just curious what happened. I think maybe it was a server mishaps. I think earlier when i first log in, I mapserved and had to log out and re log in again. I'm sure due to the server rush.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 08:53:33 AM by Voltixdark »

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 09:27:16 AM »
Edit: Well the characters are gone for good, but no biggie. Just curious what happened. I think maybe it was a server mishaps. I think earlier when i first log in, I mapserved and had to log out and re log in again. I'm sure due to the server rush.

Make sure you are logging into the City of Heroes client with *exactly* the same account name you used the first time.  Under Paragon Chat, the client will take *any* name as valid, but the list of characters will be different for every name.  Theoretically speaking, you have an infinite number of character slots, organized by however many names you can remember.

Edit: two additional notes.  Account name is case sensitive: Paragon Chat brings up a different set of characters when I log in as "Arcana" and "arcana".  Also, Paragon Chat may throw one more curveball at you: at one point, when I closed and reopened Paragon Chat, the default Account name that was in the box was *not* the one I had used to log into Paragon Chat, it was my City of Heroes login name, as in the name I used to log into the real game when it was alive.  Its probably stored in a reg key somewhere, and somehow it popped up.  At first, I just filled in gibberish into the password blank (which Paragon Chat ignores, so you can put anything except blank) and noticed my character was gone.  Took a while to figure out it wasn't logging in with the same name I first used to configure Paragon Chat.

Long story short: remember what name you use to log into the game client - i.e the Account Name blank under the City of Heroes Freedom logo in the actual game client, not the Paragon Chat XMPP login.  If you forget, you'll have to extract it from the sqlite database.  If you accidentally type something different, you won't get your old characters: Paragon Chat will assume you are a different player, with different character slots.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2015, 10:10:43 AM »
Make sure you are logging into the City of Heroes client with *exactly* the same account name you used the first time.  Under Paragon Chat, the client will take *any* name as valid, but the list of characters will be different for every name.  Theoretically speaking, you have an infinite number of character slots, organized by however many names you can remember.

Edit: two additional notes.  Account name is case sensitive: Paragon Chat brings up a different set of characters when I log in as "Arcana" and "arcana".  Also, Paragon Chat may throw one more curveball at you: at one point, when I closed and reopened Paragon Chat, the default Account name that was in the box was *not* the one I had used to log into Paragon Chat, it was my City of Heroes login name, as in the name I used to log into the real game when it was alive.  Its probably stored in a reg key somewhere, and somehow it popped up.  At first, I just filled in gibberish into the password blank (which Paragon Chat ignores, so you can put anything except blank) and noticed my character was gone.  Took a while to figure out it wasn't logging in with the same name I first used to configure Paragon Chat.

Long story short: remember what name you use to log into the game client - i.e the Account Name blank under the City of Heroes Freedom logo in the actual game client, not the Paragon Chat XMPP login.  If you forget, you'll have to extract it from the sqlite database.  If you accidentally type something different, you won't get your old characters: Paragon Chat will assume you are a different player, with different character slots.

Understood!

Though I must say I don't touch the username as I leave the "save username" box ticked. I was not aware that any password was applicable to the game. (Was using case sensitive password) :\

DragonLord

• Underling
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2015, 11:22:07 AM »
got this error running tequila that I have downloaded

Manifest download error for http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37952257/Tequila/titanicon.xml
The remote server returned an error: (429) Bandwidth Error.