Author Topic: Reorganization!  (Read 14357 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Reorganization!
« on: July 04, 2015, 07:11:36 AM »
Howdy Titanites!

As you may or may not have noticed, the forums have gone through a thorough changeup. We've moved things around, retired some things, added some things, and just generally made a nuisance of ourselves. We hadn't had a good cleanup since before the game closed, so it was long overdue! If you can't find something, speak up and someone will show you the way. Even stuff that has been hidden is still available to mods and admins, so we can go digging for a favorite thread if you like and bring it back into the light.

PLEASE NOTE: as a side-effect of retiring forums, you may notice that post counts went down, or there are missing pieces in posting histories. Posts that are affected by the retired forums are no longer counted in either process. If you're looking for a specific post or thread, feel free to PM me or Eabrace and we can bring it back for you.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
Re: Reorganization!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 02:39:49 PM »
Minor quirk that has always puzzled me... The "TITANNETWORK" in the upper left corner of the forums links to the forums. There are no obvious links to the Titan Network main page anywhere on the page. Every so often i forget that it links to itself and click it expecting to be taken to the main page. Then i remember and either use the bookmark or delete everything after http://www.cohtitan.com/ in the address bar and hit enter. Maybe it's just the way my brain works, but i think having take you to the main site instead of the forums makes slightly more sense.

Edit: Upper left, darnitol. LEFT. i don't even have the excuse of dyslexia. The best i can do is claim i was still drinking my first coffee and maybe distracted.  :-[
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:49:23 PM by Nyx Nought Nothing »
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 04:18:42 PM »
Minor quirk that has always puzzled me... The "TITANNETWORK" in the upper right corner of the forums links to the forums. There are no obvious links to the Titan Network main page anywhere on the page.

I have to say, I've always thought that was odd.  Of course, I'm not doing any work to help the web site except yapping.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 07:36:18 PM »
I've been mildly irritated by the TN logo doing that for years and never thought to change it. Oops.

It's fixed now.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 08:26:20 PM »
I've been mildly irritated by the TN logo doing that for years and never thought to change it. Oops.

It's fixed now.

Wow! awesome
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 11:27:31 PM »

It's fixed now.
;D  Yay!
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 12:15:52 AM »
Suggestion: Make the Paragon Chat link on Cohtitan.com go here instead of where it goes currently. Too many peeps around FB etc, have already been told they can take that main link to get to the FAQ, Tequila, Rum, etc.

It's fixed now.

Same and thanks.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 12:22:22 AM »
Suggestion: Make the Paragon Chat link on Cohtitan.com go here instead of where it goes currently.

Thanks for pointing that out, I changed it.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 12:42:49 AM »
Ty, ty.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 10:00:23 AM »
Sekoia, since this thread seems to have your attention, you might want to look at the forum staff thread in announcements which seems to have some redundant info about the successor games and a dead link. http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7186.0.html

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 05:08:12 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up Minotaur, I updated that thread.

Heliphyneau

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 11:37:33 PM »
PLEASE NOTE: as a side-effect of retiring forums, you may notice that post counts went down, or there are missing pieces in posting histories. Posts that are affected by the retired forums are no longer counted in either process. If you're looking for a specific post or thread, feel free to PM me or Eabrace and we can bring it back for you.

Woo, OK, that explains it.  I was like, "Dang, I know I don't post often, but only 4 posts?!"  Well, 5 now.

Thanks for being clear about all this reorganization stuff, and for all your work here.   :D

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 04:16:22 PM »
I would like to suggest a "technical issues" section of the Titan Projects forums. For example, lots of people are posting their individual difficulties in the Tequila announcement thread; I think that thread should be more informational, and that a dedicated area for tech support would help. Perhaps a separate forum for Tequila & Island Rum as well, since right now they're in the Icon section, even though they are separate programs and now work with PC as well.

It's fixed now.

WOOOO!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 11:30:22 PM »
Well I just noticed this as I had been living in the comics and games boards. 

I didn't think future proofing meant wholesale deletion of an entire board.  Locking and setting aside and achieving it is one thing but tossing years of posting history into the bit bucket is another.  With the destruction of Massively's archives with the exception of posts from staffers that moved to Engadget the history of our attempts to support the game post announcement are now lost.

If we can't even preserve our own history who will?

I am quite angry now.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 02:41:25 AM »
If you actually read the post, nothing is deleted.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 12:53:27 AM »
Despite the hysterical tone and lack of reading comprehension, you make a sound point. I made the Save Paragon City forum publicly-viewable again, though it's still read only. It can be found in the "Graveyard" section at the bottom of the page.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 05:32:27 AM »
If you actually read the post, nothing is deleted.

Delete ... hide, same difference to us since we can't access them.  Are we ashamed of what we said during our attempts to save the game?  Are they Harry Potter under the stairs now?  Going Mr. Norrell on us?

As I said, you want to reorg, no problem.  You don't want old infrequently commented boards front and center then make an archive section at the bottem, place them there with all threads locked so they can still be referenced.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:39:25 AM by FatherXmas »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 05:33:24 AM »
Howdy Titanites!

As you may or may not have noticed, the forums have gone through a thorough changeup. We've moved things around, retired some things, added some things, and just generally made a nuisance of ourselves. We hadn't had a good cleanup since before the game closed, so it was long overdue! If you can't find something, speak up and someone will show you the way. Even stuff that has been hidden is still available to mods and admins, so we can go digging for a favorite thread if you like and bring it back into the light.

A) Because they're hidden. B) Because posts that are in the Graveyard don't count toward post count. Both of those questions are answered in the first damn post, FatherXmas.

If you're not going to read the post, you need to back off. Being unreasonably combative without even reading the post is completely unnecessary.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 05:47:37 AM »
Delete ... hide, same difference to us since we can't access them.  Are we ashamed of what we said during our attempts to save the game?  Are they Harry Potter under the stairs now?  Going Mr. Norrell on us?

As I said, you want to reorg, no problem.  You don't want old infrequently commented boards front and center then make an archive section at the bottem, place them there with all threads locked so they can still be referenced.

Good job editing your post so that you "seem" more reasonable. Although it's not really very reasonable still. "Ashamed"? What the ever-lovin' fudgemonster? You really do need to back off.

Sekoia already unhid them in the Graveyard. Calm your tits.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 05:50:38 AM »
I read the post.  There is no difference in my mind.  You, meaning those involved in running these sites, decided to hide some unpleasant history of these forums.  And since we can't search and it's not like we kept our own records of the thread names it puts us at a disadvantage at requesting their release.  I'm old, I rely on search on forums to dredge up my post history to find threads long forgotten.

I was simply shocked to discover this got done when I went to post in one of those long running threads only to not be able to find it and then discover what happened.  I apologize but I don't remember this ever being done on such a wholesale way on a private fan site.  It seemed to "corporate" of an action and I was taken aback by the turn.

And please don't fire back until I'm finished with my post.  I've lost too many posts so I tend to post something short and then go back and edit on serious topics.