Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312581 times)

Antipode

Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #540 on: January 10, 2016, 07:44:18 AM »
There's flight, but not clipping. Ocean Research is finicky.  You're best off getting to it (or Elysium for that matter, maybe a few others if they show problems) by entering from Pocket D.

The D really does work most of the time for those weird maps.

That might be superstition on my part but it has yet to fail, and in any case it's a pretty minor problem for the tons of great extra maps there are.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:51:02 AM by Antipode »

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #541 on: January 10, 2016, 03:41:04 PM »
Turning off clipping is unavailable to us in Paragon Chat. As for spawning in strange areas on the map, there's nothing the player can do about that either. Sorry.

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #542 on: January 10, 2016, 10:52:48 PM »
Doc Artz

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #543 on: January 10, 2016, 11:11:22 PM »
Try resetting your password ( http://cohtitan.com/forgot ) even if you set it to the same password you already have. Something might have gotten corrupted.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #544 on: January 11, 2016, 07:54:03 PM »
Try resetting your password ( http://cohtitan.com/forgot ) even if you set it to the same password you already have. Something might have gotten corrupted.

It worked!!  Thank you so much 8)
Doc Artz

santander1

• Underling
« Reply #545 on: February 10, 2016, 12:27:14 PM »
What was the comand for the dropdown Menu where you can change zones with again?   :gonk:   Trapped in Outbreak *em/shakefist*
I was Santander @ Union through some know me as Lighning Blast EU

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #546 on: February 10, 2016, 02:23:30 PM »
/mapmenu

etnies445

• Underling
« Reply #547 on: March 01, 2016, 06:41:58 AM »
Wow why didn't I find this before, been browsing the forums for coh news for a while and always ignored it...Hopefully people still use it. It's going to be extremely nostalgic loading in, even just to chat.

Thanks a lot for this, hopefully we have our game back one day. But until then this'll have to do.

Warchicken

• Underling
« Reply #548 on: March 03, 2016, 05:08:37 AM »
Wow why didn't I find this before, been browsing the forums for coh news for a while and always ignored it...Hopefully people still use it. It's going to be extremely nostalgic loading in, even just to chat.

Thanks a lot for this, hopefully we have our game back one day. But until then this'll have to do.

Yeah, it's not quite the same....but it's our home !

It's nice to be able to just explore and make screenshots again, and Tuesday nights you can even take part in costume contests under Atlas, like it used to be :D  (no influence of course, but you get your pic posted to the Paragon Chat Facebook group)
Chicken by birth. Hero by choice.

Linuial

• Lieutenant
    • Survivor: a City of Heroes novel
« Reply #549 on: March 24, 2016, 04:06:43 AM »
What was the comand for the dropdown Menu where you can change zones with again?   :gonk:   Trapped in Outbreak *em/shakefist*

Permanent fix, and much more: QuickChat.  Don't leave home without it.  ;-) 

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11188.0.html

Liberty and a plethora of others.  Altaholic.  SG Starfire.
"...and it's never too late to stop being afraid..." 
"...have you ever been caught in a sea of despair?
"And your Moment of Truth is the day that you say, "I'm not scared!"
"Unity" - - Shinedown

Tolvir

• Underling
« Reply #550 on: March 29, 2016, 01:28:59 AM »
However, it does share DNA with some other projects that are working along those lines. Improvements to Paragon Chat represent improvements to the overall state of things.

What exactly is meant by this? It was in the reply to the general question of combat, and was curious as to what other projects there are being worked on.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #551 on: April 02, 2016, 02:48:50 AM »
I'm just a user, I have no idea, but like many volunteer software projects in the real world, I think the official stance is "when there is something to say, you'll know."

There's a downside to Free Software: no timelines.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Poetic Soul

• Underling
« Reply #552 on: April 03, 2016, 04:12:26 AM »
So I just updated to 1.0, and all my characters are gone :( Any help or ideas or do I have to remake them all?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #553 on: April 03, 2016, 04:24:44 AM »
So I just updated to 1.0, and all my characters are gone :( Any help or ideas or do I have to remake them all?

Control-click on the gear icon to list the accounts and make sure you're entering the local account name (on the splash screen) that has your characters on it.

Poetic Soul

• Underling
« Reply #554 on: April 03, 2016, 04:31:14 AM »
That was it. Thank you so much.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #555 on: April 03, 2016, 04:39:34 AM »
You're welcome! I'm currently working on functionality for that screen in order to merge local accounts. Once that's finished you'll be able to move them onto one that matches your xmpp (titan) username if you want, and then it will auto-logon to that account.

Going forward this should be a lot less of an issue for new players since they won't have to enter a second username that is almost always redundant unless they really want to.

DeadCityRadio

• Underling
« Reply #556 on: April 08, 2016, 06:20:39 PM »
I seem to be having an issue with the client to where it hangs up on the initial log in.  It says it's connecting but simply stays there.  I tried turning off my anti-virus program in the event that was it, but all it did was allow me to actually update the client, not run it.

shockon

• Underling
« Reply #557 on: April 10, 2016, 02:14:55 PM »
i'm having this issue as well, and now after i updated it my antivirus goes off saying that it is a trojan 2?

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #558 on: April 23, 2016, 02:28:45 PM »
i'm having this issue as well, and now after i updated it my antivirus goes off saying that it is a trojan 2?

Same for me
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #559 on: April 24, 2016, 10:30:49 AM »
^ Yes, we know, as pointed out by scores of posts since V1 was released. Just stick it in your exclusions folder and, assuming your AV isn't garbage like Norton, it'll work fine.