Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 315674 times)

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #500 on: August 15, 2015, 10:54:59 PM »
Mmm... so, lately I've noticed people zoning into the mission maps. Is there a comprehensive modification list to be added to the zone.cfg for this? Because I wouldn't mind strolling around Oranbega or some other place again.

Dyne

• Lieutenant
  • Gluer of Gears
« Reply #501 on: August 15, 2015, 11:10:09 PM »
Probably using this; besides the extra emotes, it includes an expanded zone.cfg and a Quickport menu
-= Virtue Server - 2004-06-13 to 2012-11-30 =-
hortis publicis gemini in aeternum

Usurper Dyne, Still Heart, River Elemental, Saul Invictus, Grim Grinner

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #502 on: August 15, 2015, 11:39:28 PM »
Probably using this; besides the extra emotes, it includes an expanded zone.cfg and a Quickport menu

Thanks. That's apparently what I seem to have been looking for.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #503 on: August 25, 2015, 01:01:31 AM »
Moved some troubleshooting questions to their own thread (FlameBailador):

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11279.0.html
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:33:25 AM by Aggelakis »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #504 on: August 25, 2015, 01:32:38 AM »
Moved another troubleshooting post to its own thread (DarkKarma):

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11281.0.html
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Wulfen

• Underling
« Reply #505 on: September 04, 2015, 04:55:57 AM »
A friend of mine is downloading Icon and Paragon Chat off of Tequila, does it also automatically download I24?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #506 on: September 04, 2015, 05:05:40 AM »
Yes, if it's installing to a folder that doesn't have I24 in it, it will download any missing files.

(That means if you already have I24, you want to tell Tequila to install there, otherwise you're wasting time/bandwidth :) )

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Keshka

• Underling
  • @The Ish
« Reply #507 on: September 04, 2015, 06:21:22 PM »
How does one go about getting around the 'shop restricted' costume pieces in Paragon Chat's release? Kind of trying to figure it out, as some of my characters don't necessarily function, visually speaking without them.

[[EDIT: Deleted big unnecessary block of costume data. ~Agge]]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 02:08:14 AM by Aggelakis »

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #508 on: September 04, 2015, 06:27:27 PM »
Paragon Chat > General - Editing the Database and Idiot Proof Guide

Keshka

• Underling
  • @The Ish
« Reply #509 on: September 04, 2015, 06:34:19 PM »
Paragon Chat > General - Editing the Database and Idiot Proof Guide

Thank you. Was browsing about Titan looking for something like that.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #510 on: September 08, 2015, 07:58:24 PM »
I'm guessing this is waaaay down the road in terms of priorities, but is there any chance at some point of getting the Vet-reward pets?  The 36-month vet rewards pets (Rikti monkey, demon, redcap, clockwork, etc) are non-combat, so I'm guessing pretty much just cosmetic?  Or how about the 48-month "combat-buff" pets (several styles of little fairies, mechanical drones, oscillators) without the combat buff activated?

Just curious.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #511 on: September 08, 2015, 08:44:52 PM »
I'm guessing this is waaaay down the road in terms of priorities, but is there any chance at some point of getting the Vet-reward pets?  The 36-month vet rewards pets (Rikti monkey, demon, redcap, clockwork, etc) are non-combat, so I'm guessing pretty much just cosmetic?  Or how about the 48-month "combat-buff" pets (several styles of little fairies, mechanical drones, oscillators) without the combat buff activated?

Just curious.

There's a chance, sure.  But to make those work require a few things.  First, unless you get a generic powers system working, you'll need a special hack to make a control to spawn them (ala the travel power buttons).  Then you need to implement the NPC spawning code, which is probably the simplest part of the whole thing (its probably already implemented, internally in PC).  Then you need to implement NPC AI, at least in terms of movement, pathing, and following.  That's probably the harder part, since I don't believe anything like that is currently implemented in PC.  And there's a bunch of secondary technical stuff like the best way to keep track of them efficiently, since they will add comparable amount of metadata traffic as an actual player.

All of these things individually are things Codewalker has expressed some interest in making work eventually, so eventually these pets will likely become technically possible as PC's technical features expand.  However, I wouldn't hold my breath since they would rely on many different partially independent things getting implemented first and I suspect trying to short cut them to make these pets work is not a priority like getting travel powers was.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #512 on: September 08, 2015, 11:55:19 PM »
There's a chance, sure.  But to make those work require a few things.  First, unless you get a generic powers system working, you'll need a special hack to make a control to spawn them (ala the travel power buttons).  Then you need to implement the NPC spawning code, which is probably the simplest part of the whole thing (its probably already implemented, internally in PC).  Then you need to implement NPC AI, at least in terms of movement, pathing, and following.  That's probably the harder part, since I don't believe anything like that is currently implemented in PC.  And there's a bunch of secondary technical stuff like the best way to keep track of them efficiently, since they will add comparable amount of metadata traffic as an actual player.

All of these things individually are things Codewalker has expressed some interest in making work eventually, so eventually these pets will likely become technically possible as PC's technical features expand.  However, I wouldn't hold my breath since they would rely on many different partially independent things getting implemented first and I suspect trying to short cut them to make these pets work is not a priority like getting travel powers was.
Yep, I figured they were low on the priority list, but thanks for the answer and the explanation on what's involved.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #513 on: September 09, 2015, 01:33:29 AM »
I had given that some thought already, and while there are a number of other things that I want to do first, the idea I've been kicking around in my head for doing something like that in Paragon Chat goes something like this:

Each player gets 1 (one) 'companion' NPC they can summon at a time. Summoning a different one dismisses the first. These would be selectable from a number of choices including vanity pets, veteran pets, buff pets, mastermind pets, lore pets, and a few others.

The AI for these pets would be very barebones, just enough to make a beeline to you. If they got stuck somewhere, they'd probably be unable to navigate around complex geometry, so they'd have a fairly short tether range to just instantly teleport to you if they get too far.

Companion representation over XMPP would be very lightweight. It would basically be just 'summon' and 'dismiss' events -- no position sync at all. Keeping things somewhat synchronized would rely on each instance of Paragon Chat running an identical AI and feeding it a similar target position of the player to follow. Obviously it wouldn't be exact, but should be close enough for RP purposes without taking up a whole bunch of extra traffic.

A stretch goal would be to allow for sending emote commands for companions, or at least ones with sequencers similar enough to player ones to handle standard emotes.

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #514 on: September 09, 2015, 01:51:53 AM »
I'm not a coding guy, like, at all but that's about what I figured it should look like.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #515 on: September 09, 2015, 03:35:21 AM »
That all sounds pretty awesome to me, whenever it finally happens.  You guys (and gals) are amazing.

syberghost

• Underling
« Reply #516 on: September 14, 2015, 11:43:04 PM »
The AI for these pets would be very barebones, just enough to make a beeline to you. If they got stuck somewhere, they'd probably be unable to navigate around complex geometry, so they'd have a fairly short tether range to just instantly teleport to you if they get too far.

So, just like Ninjas at CoV launch.  ;D

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #517 on: September 17, 2015, 10:09:03 AM »
I had given that some thought already, and while there are a number of other things that I want to do first, the idea I've been kicking around in my head for doing something like that in Paragon Chat goes something like this:

Each player gets 1 (one) 'companion' NPC they can summon at a time. Summoning a different one dismisses the first. These would be selectable from a number of choices including vanity pets, veteran pets, buff pets, mastermind pets, lore pets, and a few others.

Companion representation over XMPP would be very lightweight. It would basically be just 'summon' and 'dismiss' events -- no position sync at all. Keeping things somewhat synchronized would rely on each instance of Paragon Chat running an identical AI and feeding it a similar target position of the player to follow. Obviously it wouldn't be exact, but should be close enough for RP purposes without taking up a whole bunch of extra traffic.

A stretch goal would be to allow for sending emote commands for companions, or at least ones with sequencers similar enough to player ones to handle standard emotes.

I know someone who is eager for their 'Phantasm' companion pet to return.  So even a 'bare bones' AI pet that has a short leash would be very cool.  (And seeing how Phantasm could be very naughty...then perhaps a 'short' leash is a good idea...

Azrael.

rsreston

• Underling
« Reply #518 on: September 20, 2015, 08:50:16 PM »
Hi - the following instruction was not enough to help me:
"Can I use my old costume files from the game in Paragon Chat?

Yes.  Just find the costumes directory from your old game client, and copy that entire directory into your Paragon Chat directory.  Those costumes should work fine regardless of how old the game client is.  If those old costumes are using parts I24 did not have or altered, you may have to fix the costumes after you load them.  No different than when the game was running and a new Issue sometimes broke old costumes."

My Costumes directory only has 3 costumes (and I only recognize one, while I had a bunch of characters, from when I subbed and a few after, on a free account). And I installed Paragon Chat in the game client directory, so I don't even know why those 3 costumes are not even being loaded...

Please, help.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #519 on: September 21, 2015, 06:25:09 AM »
They don't get loaded or saved automatically, you have to use the Load/Save buttons in the costume creator for that.  If you didn't save your old costumes, you won't have any .costume files for them.