Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312437 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #480 on: July 19, 2015, 02:03:30 AM »
To save people the trouble of scrolling endlessly through several threads to find a basic step by step way to enter the world of Paragon Chat (and save myself the time to explain this over and over) I made a "9 step How To" (for PC (windows) users).
If I forgot to mention something important that really should be in there, feel free to PM me about it on either here or Deviant Art and I will add it as soon as I can.

Hope this helps!
-> http://deedeeproductions.deviantart.com/art/Paragon-Chat-how-to-by-DeeDee-2015-547188167

*waves*
DeeDee
You can alternately just go to http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Paragon_Chat
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Rejuvenatrix

• Underling
« Reply #481 on: July 19, 2015, 02:56:33 AM »
That said, I do wonder, should we set up a patreon or something for all of this? it seems like someone should be getting compensation at least for the server bandwidth and cpu cycles.

Well, you can always make a donation to the Titan Network, using the little blue "Buy us a cup of coffee" button, at the bottom right corner of the home screen :)  http://www.cohtitan.com/

DarthDelicious

• Underling
  • Mysterious Mike: "You point, I punch!"
    • DeeDee Productions
« Reply #482 on: July 19, 2015, 12:27:09 PM »
You can alternately just go to http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Paragon_Chat

That is where I sent the people with questions, alongside this FAQ thread, but I kept getting followup questions, so made this instead.  :D
Check out my DeviantART page.
--Don't say everything you know, but do know everything you say.--

sweatcake

• Underling
« Reply #483 on: July 24, 2015, 06:05:08 PM »
Will Paragon Chat Work with Win 10?

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2015, 07:41:09 PM »
Yes it does. just avoid installing it in desktop, program files, or any other other things in your C:\Users folder
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

JollyOgre

• Underling
« Reply #485 on: July 25, 2015, 03:11:21 AM »
How long does this download take? It has been downloading for 8 hours now.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #486 on: July 25, 2015, 03:17:30 AM »
Assuming that you are not stuck in a download loop because of your firewall or antivirus -- the download for the full game is 5GB. So right-click the game folder and click Properties to see how much you already got.

JollyOgre

• Underling
« Reply #487 on: July 25, 2015, 03:19:20 AM »
What folder?

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #488 on: July 25, 2015, 03:59:34 AM »
The folder where you are downloading the game.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #489 on: August 02, 2015, 06:19:03 PM »
The folder where you are downloading the game.

Speaking of F.A.Qs...

I caught an Icon thread...where...people have been playing with...map creators...or editing the map pigg files?  I think I read where Leandro said there was actually a 'map creator' in the client?  (BUT....!)  It needs a 'server' to access it.

One other thing about Issue 24 that intrigued me...was that Leandro said he was 'finishing off' some of the finished maps from Issue 24...

Oh intrigue say I.  One of the absolute gems was the 'Warf' map.  The one with the absent memorial to Statesman?

Part of me speculates that the day...(and I believe one day...it will...) that Issue 24 goes 'live' with combat and NPC spawns...(yes...'whenever...' ;)  that we will see that zone finished off?  A triumphant epitaph to Score's work?

It's a beautiful zone like a kind of Atlas/Founders zone hybrid.

We can access it in Icon...but cryptically(!) not in Paragon Chat? *bats eyelids innocently.

Azrael.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #490 on: August 03, 2015, 01:38:03 AM »
Part of me speculates that the day...(and I believe one day...it will...) that Issue 24 goes 'live' with combat and NPC spawns...(yes...'whenever...' ;)  that we will see that zone finished off?  A triumphant epitaph to Score's work?

While I want to see it "finished" as well, I would not want it to be an epitaph. Because an epitaph is something in memory of a dead person or thing, and one hopes that SCORE does not die.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #491 on: August 04, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »

I was recently  talking to Dell Alien Ware support and asked about Windows 10. They  strongly  advised against using Windows 10 until the bugs are worked out.  Despite what platform it was built upon, any new OS has bugs. :-\
Doc Artz

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #492 on: August 04, 2015, 09:40:39 PM »
I was recently  talking to Dell Alien Ware support and asked about Windows 10. They  strongly  advised against using Windows 10 until the bugs are worked out.  Despite what platform it was built upon, any new OS has bugs. :-\

Just goes to show, Dell tech support is just as utterly useless as it's always been. :p

sweatcake

• Underling
« Reply #493 on: August 04, 2015, 10:32:25 PM »
Installed in Documents, then used the Windows 7 compatibility. It runs great.  ;)

UltimateHenryyy

• Underling
« Reply #494 on: August 05, 2015, 02:28:55 AM »
This is awesome.  I, as well as many others, enjoy this a lot.  Any future developments would b e even greater! :D

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #495 on: August 05, 2015, 04:00:21 PM »
I caught an Icon thread...where...people have been playing with...map creators...or editing the map pigg files?  I think I read where Leandro said there was actually a 'map creator' in the client?  (BUT....!)  It needs a 'server' to access it.

Right, you can see its interface with Titan Icon by using the commands:

/accesslevel 10
/canedit 1
/edit 1

But without the server to process the map editing commands, it doesn't do anything (the UI doesn't show up). Paragon Chat has some more bits of it, but it's not currently enabled in the normally published builds, because it's far too buggy and incomplete. This is what it looks like:

No ETA on when it'll be finished. It might not be finished for Paragon Chat at all, and remain in the backburner until SCORE proper.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #496 on: August 05, 2015, 05:11:06 PM »
Intriguing stuff.  Thanks for the info' and screenshot, Leandro. :)

*Can you imagine Lua scripting, Map editing and GM powers in the hands of the community?  The community can take the game far in advance of the original developers through a force multiplier of development.  The community could come up with their own NPCs...their own zones....their own interior maps....

The potential of various SCORE projects revealed and hinted at...racks the mind with possibilities.

...and using the Map Editor to one day finish off Kallisti Wharf?  (Very nice zone reminds me of Atlas and Founders Fall...)

No ETA on when it'll be finished. It might not be finished for Paragon Chat at all, and remain in the backburner until SCORE proper.

'SCORE PROPER.'

*broad smile.  Poetry to the ears...

Excitedly.

Azrael.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #497 on: August 12, 2015, 02:14:12 PM »
At one point, Codewalker posted a projected list of future PC updates and what they would address, but I can't seem to find it.  Could anyone point me to a link for that post?  Thanks.

Dyne

• Lieutenant
  • Gluer of Gears
« Reply #498 on: August 12, 2015, 02:52:41 PM »
At one point, Codewalker posted a projected list of future PC updates and what they would address, but I can't seem to find it.  Could anyone point me to a link for that post?  Thanks.

Are you perhaps thinking of the first post in this thread?
-= Virtue Server - 2004-06-13 to 2012-11-30 =-
hortis publicis gemini in aeternum

Usurper Dyne, Still Heart, River Elemental, Saul Invictus, Grim Grinner

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #499 on: August 12, 2015, 06:32:25 PM »
Are you perhaps thinking of the first post in this thread?
That would be it.  *Facepalm*   That's what I get for starting at the end and trying to work my way backwards. 

Thanks, Dyne!