Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312460 times)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »
Apologies if this has already been asked and I missed it, but will the first version of Paragon Chat support Demorecording? 

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2015, 05:03:14 PM »
Apologies if this has already been asked and I missed it, but will the first version of Paragon Chat support Demorecording?

My guess is that it probably does.  Since Codewalker explicitly stated that Paragon Chat doesn't modify the client itself, for the most part the client should think its connected to a server, albeit a dumb one, and be able to do anything that didn't require much support from the server.  So I would think if PC can trick the client into thinking its basically running, /demorecord should work.  However, there might be a gotcha in there I'm not aware of.  But since Icon supports demorecord, I would bet Paragon Chat does also.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »
Hey, there's a thought... Has anyone told Samuraiko about Paragon Chat?

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2015, 06:13:32 PM »
Hey, there's a thought... Has anyone told Samuraiko about Paragon Chat?

Wouldn't it be awesome if she made a trailer for ParagonChat like she used to do back in the day?!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2015, 06:22:01 PM »
Wouldn't it be awesome if she made a trailer for ParagonChat like she used to do back in the day?!

If only I had watched one of her earlier Paragon Chat trailers, I could have been preparing for this release.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2015, 08:34:32 PM »

If only I had watched one of her earlier Paragon Chat trailers, I could have been preparing for this release.

FIXED
Wouldn't it be awesome if she made a trailer for ParagonChat like she used to do FOR ISSUES back in the day?!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2015, 08:39:18 PM »
where will the download link be?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2015, 08:40:36 PM »
There isn't one. When it exists, there will be a new thread and it'll likely be prominent on the main Titan page, www.cohtitan.com
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2015, 12:00:53 AM »
Soon! (tm)

*claps hands excitedly* :)

Lyc~

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2015, 03:13:02 AM »
well, as long as the instructions are easy to follow, I'll try to set up on my end. :-X

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2015, 03:58:27 AM »
well, as long as the instructions are easy to follow, I'll try to set up on my end. :-X

My guess is the instructions will be something like download Paragon Chat, stick it in the same directory as your I24 client, run it, enter your name and password for Paragon Chat (i.e. your Titan login) so it can make the server connection, then when the City of Heroes client starts up, enter any name and any password, make a character like you were starting the game from scratch, zone in, and away you go.

The FAQ already mentions the double login, and Leandro already mentioned the odd local loopback issue, both of which suggest that Paragon Chat will launch the City of Heroes client for you.  To do that, it has to know where the client is.  Putting it in the client directory solves that problem.  You'll have to log into Paragon Chat with your Titan credentials, because that was already covered elsewhere (see: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10994.0.html).  We know from the FAQ that the name you use to log into the client itself can be anything, and it only is used to track lists of characters/character slots.  We know the password is not really used but the client demands one, so your password can be anything (except blank).  So you can use any name and any password, but the name itself is something you have to remember because your characters are connected to it.  We also know from the FAQ and elsewhere that that Paragon Chat is going to keep a repository of characters persistently so once you make one you can use it again and again to log into Paragon Chat, but that also obviously implies you have to make them: there isn't likely to be a default avatar for people.

Ergo, have I24, download PC, log into PC, log into client, make character, then start walking (no travel powers at initial release).

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2015, 03:59:57 AM »
where will the download link be?

As I understand it, Leo will push Paragon Chat to the Tequila Launcher.  Once he does so you will get a window that looks like this:

You then Select Paragon Chat, and you get the second window that prompts you to enter your Titan username and password and select Launch City of Heroes.

If you cold-boot Tequila once a day, you'll get the Tequila update that gives you Paragon Chat as soon as it is pushed out.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

BitLoadR

• Lieutenant
  • <F6> <F6> <F6> ...
« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2015, 06:01:16 AM »
If you cold-boot Tequila once a day, you'll get the Tequila update that gives you Paragon Chat as soon as it is pushed out.

Where can I find the Tequila Launcher?
playing on Reunion as Star Jewel, Emberflair, Lumitia, Novaspark, Dawnshade, Mystfure, Ion Blaze, Heatstrike, more...

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2015, 06:02:28 AM »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

BitLoadR

• Lieutenant
  • <F6> <F6> <F6> ...
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2015, 06:07:42 AM »
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon

Thank you...but just a tip, perhaps it's nice to mention the term "Tequila Launcher" on that page under "Installer Downloads (USER FRIENDLY, FOR NEW HARD DRIVES)".
I did a search (before asking here) on the Wiki for "Tequila" and "Tequila Launcher" and nothing came up.

Just a thought, no big deal.

Thanks again.  :D
playing on Reunion as Star Jewel, Emberflair, Lumitia, Novaspark, Dawnshade, Mystfure, Ion Blaze, Heatstrike, more...

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2015, 11:23:57 AM »
You then Select Paragon Chat, and you get the second window that prompts you to enter your Titan username and password and select Launch City of Heroes.

Nice. Now that i've got Tequila installed on my new system i just need to locate the copies of my old installs with all the costume files. Which in my case means digging through totes labeled "Desk Stuff" to find a small plastic power ring case with a flash drive inside. One of the downsides to moving.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »

By "Cold-boot", do you mean start up the Tequila program once a day?  Or start up the Icon program installed by Tequila?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »
By "Cold-boot", do you mean start up the Tequila program once a day?  Or start up the Icon program installed by Tequila?

No, she means put your boots in the freezer for an hour, pour a shot of tequilla into a glass, puts your boots on and kick the glass out the window! ;)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2015, 02:31:25 PM »
No, she means put your boots in the freezer for an hour, pour a shot of tequilla into a glass, puts your boots on and kick the glass out the window! ;)
Good joke, but it was an honest question.  Not all of us are totally computer-literate.  I just wanted to be sure I was doing what I needed to to get ready for Paragon Chat's release.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2015, 02:37:46 PM »
Good joke, but it was an honest question.  Not all of us are totally computer-literate.  I just wanted to be sure I was doing what I needed to to get ready for Paragon Chat's release.

Drink the Tequila instead then the following:

Reboots can be either cold (alternatively known as hard) whereby the power to the system is physically turned off and back on again, causing an initial boot of the machine, or warm (alternatively known as soft) where the system restarts without the need to interrupt the power.