Author Topic: Coming Soon  (Read 210101 times)

nikitastorm

• Underling
Re: Coming Soon
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »
I know I haven't logged into Titan for a very long time (two years).

Sorry I haven't been around but I hope the above are reasons enough.

Yikes! I am so sorry to hear of all you have been through. Happy to see you are back, and hoping that life has finally settled down some for you. Definitely no need to apologize for anything!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2015, 09:20:06 AM »
Well the good news out of all the bad is the Disney project.  Three book (so far) deal, Young Adult Post-Apocalypse with magic.  They are promoting the heck out of this.  Fingers crossed.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2015, 09:27:28 AM »
Well the good news out of all the bad is the Disney project.  Three book (so far) deal, Young Adult Post-Apocalypse with magic.  They are promoting the heck out of this.  Fingers crossed.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2015, 10:45:58 AM »
You know, that sounds like something I'd actually want to read. Curse my current lack of disposable income. :(

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2015, 10:51:10 AM »

Wulfen

• Underling
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »
I think ima gonna have a COH nerdgasm SOON.  ;)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2015, 11:20:04 AM »
Wanna bet how many roleplayers come to SOON from CO and DCUO for roleplaying?  Remember 90% of them don't play CO anymore if they are playing it.  And DCUO just doesn't support RP.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Bear

• Underling
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2015, 11:46:41 AM »
++ Awesome!  8)
the+Bear

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2015, 12:02:44 PM »
Welcome back!!  Wishing you the best regarding the books  :)

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2015, 01:16:54 PM »
Since I didn't see it asked already, I have a couple more "technical" questions to add to the list, though I'd expect these all to be no, I figured I'd ask:

1)Can we activate our powers?  Sure there's no one to target yet but I want to super jump and punch the air or shoot laser beams into nothing just to be able to fire off my powers again.

2)Will transit work?  i.e. no more /loadmap whatever, instead go click on a train or a war wall and go to where we were supposed to go, or select from a popup list?

3)Skiing - CAN WE?  Hanging out in Pocket D or whatever is fine but the ski lodge skiing would be amazing.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2015, 01:22:21 PM »
1)Can we activate our powers?  Sure there's no one to target yet but I want to super jump and punch the air or shoot laser beams into nothing just to be able to fire off my powers again.
No. As far as I understand, this is basically exploiting COH client to create a visual chatroom with COH assets. Good enough for costume contests and RP, not for actual powers, much less combat.
2)Will transit work?  i.e. no more /loadmap whatever, instead go click on a train or a war wall and go to where we were supposed to go, or select from a popup list?
Strongly indicated yes. Selection from popup lists already exists in the form of the maps popmenu.
3)Skiing - CAN WE?  Hanging out in Pocket D or whatever is fine but the ski lodge skiing would be amazing.
IIRC it's doable in Icon, so probably yes.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2015, 01:30:24 PM »
2 out of 3 ain't bad.  I'd kill to use my powers again though, but hey, this is still a tremendous step in the right direction.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
If we actually DO get into the ski chalet - I wonder if the gravity geysers at the bottom of the runs will still work? Is that an environmental thing client-side or a "power" that needs to be activated...

Could imagine so many people getting stuck down at the bottom of the ski runs...

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2015, 01:46:48 PM »
Just tried it, they do not work.  On the positive side, we all do have the power of flight in Icon, so, there is a workaround.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2015, 01:55:04 PM »

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2015, 01:59:44 PM »
I know I haven't logged into Titan for a very long time (two years).

First, I got very, very, very sick with some form of influenza.  At that point I turned Hail Mary over to Rae and Quinch.  They had access to everything I had.

Then my mother died.

Then our housekeeper stole my ATM card and the PIN number that had come in the mail to our savings account and wiped it out.  The police investigated and she claimed Larry had given it to her because they were having an affair.  The Credit Union used this to decline to reimburse us.  Several lawyers told us the case was unwinnable, because the Credit Union (TCCU) would continue to appeal even if we won. wiping out any money we might get back.

Then Larry's mother developed a brain tumor, requiring him to spend months in Vegas to help his dad.  She was operated on and the operation was a success but....

....she developed Alzheimer's Dementia and went into a rapid decline and died this time last year.

I considered trying to revive Hail Mary, but decided not to given (a) the number of gaming studios that had closed and (b) that I had just started a writing project for Hyperion/Disney that was taking up all my "spare" time and became this:  http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Mercedes-Lackey/dp/1484707842

I've been part of the testing group for SOON(TM) recently, and I'm glad it is very very close to implementation.  I can't wait to get my old RP buddies together and see my toon herd again.

Sorry I haven't been around but I hope the above are reasons enough.

I'm glad you are back and sorry for your troubles. But really, you owe us nothing, not even an explanation. Your time is your own and how you spend is up to you. Of course, we appreciate all you have done, but saving COH is an obligation of the entire community not one overworked and overtaxed individual.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
Codewalker and team.

I don't have words that can adequately convey how grateful I am for this. I know it isn't the game but it's closer than we have come in two years and it is a phenomenal technical achievement.

Thank you!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2015, 02:16:10 PM »
I have been reading these forums on a regular basis in the past years.

Very happy there is some real good news now!

To VV: very understandable that you had to let The Hail Mary Project go under the circumstances. Good to know you play test things for us and are in the loop again. :)
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2015, 02:17:21 PM »
Oh! I thought of one more question - will there be musical cues for certain areas of the city?  Walking around Icon now is awfully silent.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2015, 02:27:43 PM »
Oh! I thought of one more question - will there be musical cues for certain areas of the city?  Walking around Icon now is awfully silent.

Check your sound settings? I get the various sub-zone musics in Icon when I enter them...