Author Topic: Marvel Heroes Free Hero Give Away this Weekend  (Read 2213 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Marvel Heroes Free Hero Give Away this Weekend
« on: June 13, 2015, 12:16:53 PM »

Um... this weekend if you log on today or tomorrow in Marvel Heroes you can pick up a free hero.

I don't know which one to take.

I'd like a female one as I don't currently have a female hero in that game. Anyone have a suggestion to which would be good choices?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Marvel Heroes Free Hero Give Away this Weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »
Scarlet Witch is ridiculously powerful. Like...faceroll powerful. Invisible Woman and Storm are pretty damn good. Rogue is amazingly adaptable. She Hulk (get the lawyer costume!) and Squirrel Girl are super fun.

Everybody else is good but I don't have much experience with them. I just started Spider-man (with the Spider-girl enhanced costume) last night as my freebie hero (bought the costume when it was half off). Having a lot of fun.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 06:06:00 PM »
If you had to buy a hero, the most expensive heroes are Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Rogue, and Spider-Man at 600 eternity splinters each. So, buying Rogue would get the most for your free token.

I bought Doctor Strange with mine because his play style is very different from my other heroes. Besides, he does magic, which looks cool.

Among female heroes, I have played Squirrel Girl, Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman, and Black Widow to level 60 (acquired by random hero tokens from Adam Warlock). Squirrel Girl is ridiculously overpowered... which is her thing. I like Scarlet Witch and Invisible Woman... they both have great ranged/area powers with cool effects. But Black Widow wasn't my cup of tea... she's just a stealthy spy who sneaks around and shoots guns--not my idea of a superhero.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:12:49 PM by Todogut »

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 09:48:01 AM »
Yeah SW is awesome but a) I hate her default costume and rather spend my money on heroes and b) she's one of the cheapest ones so I passed. In the end was deciding between Juggs and Iron Man. IM was on the list because he's one of the more expensive ones but went with Juggs anyway, more interested in him in the immediate future.

Invisible Woman is also good, but I can't stand her voice acting. She-Hulk is awesome. Rogue is very powerful but not my cup of tea. Black Widow is good. Emma is... not in a very good spot sadly. Jean is ok. Ms. Marvel is quite good, was until recently the tankiest hero in the game (don't know if she still is, there was a recent balance patch and some others could have been buffed). Psylocke is great, strong and fun to play. Squirrel Girl if you want a summoner. Storm is an AoE goddess. X-23 is quite good.

In any case, ignoring raw power, newer heroes (and those with more recent makeovers) are always more polished than the older ones and in most cases also play "smoother".

Since all of the heroes except Doom are unlocked till 10 this weekend, try them out and pick whichever you like the most. But I wouldn't go with SW or X23 since they're only 200 ES in-game.