Author Topic: In game weddings.  (Read 2259 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
In game weddings.
« on: June 06, 2015, 06:20:46 AM »
Did anyone ever attend or take part in one? Was anyone here ever married in game?

I once attended an in game wedding. The two players married stopped playing a few weeks afterward and I never heard from them again.
Weird

Banebritch

• Underling
Re: In game weddings.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 06:27:23 AM »
I remember a few happened on Triumph. I wasn't there for them, but I did hear about them afterwards.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 11:37:05 AM »
Not in CoH, but I have attended character weddings in other games. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's fodder for the drama llama.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 08:24:22 PM »
Yezz...., during final Winter before shut-down.

Blaze-Enforcer Wedding in CoH on Infinity Server.
I recorded it in FRAPPs, had a friend post it on youtube for awhile.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

>snif!<

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 09:47:37 PM »
I remember attending two weddings on Defiant, I think I have screenshots of them somewhere. One happened at the Atlas statue IIRC, the other at a Cimeroran beach.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 01:26:21 AM »
I remember seeing one in PI, by Portal Corp. I cant recall which server I was on but there was a ton of people there and some asshat went to Monster Island and dragged like 2 or 3 Giant Monsters over and they started attacking everyone.

Was pretty funny, if I am being honest.

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 05:32:28 AM »
I remember seeing one in PI, by Portal Corp. I cant recall which server I was on but there was a ton of people there and some asshat went to Monster Island and dragged like 2 or 3 Giant Monsters over and they started attacking everyone.

I bet you were the one who pulled the mobs.. :P

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 06:24:38 AM »

That reminds me of the time we had Giant Monster relay races. A few of my friends set up shop in Portal Corp courtyard. Two of them would go out and drag GMs back to the courtyard. We had a steady stream of GMs for a while. We did it a few times that I can remember, when we were REALLY out of stuff to do and didn't want to re-re-re-repeat content.

Then they added drones to the courtyard. :'(
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 04:42:12 PM »
Copied from @wulfrich's Liberty LB page on FB:

3/14/15 at 9:26a Yetti and Tainted Purity were married. They met on the Liberty server and after several years finally tied the knot in their capes and merged their Supergroup bases together!

So, technically, I guess they weren't married "in-game" - but that's as close as I've heard about.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 09:08:41 PM »
I bet you were the one who pulled the mobs.. :P

At that time I didn't even know there was a Monster Island. And I wouldn't even know how to do that.