Author Topic: Convergence and the new, improved (tm), revamped DC Universe  (Read 5635 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: Convergence and the new, improved (tm), revamped DC Universe
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 03:40:49 PM »
Wow, are there ever a lot of bitter people here...

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 04:26:43 PM »
Wow, are there ever a lot of bitter people here...

Unfortunately a LOT of comic fans are like this :(
I'm only just getting into them properly for the first time, not really sure how to respond with most of the comic fan base hating and despising nearly every modern comic in existence, but oh well.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 06:15:36 PM »
Unfortunately a LOT of comic fans are like this :(
I'm only just getting into them properly for the first time, not really sure how to respond with most of the comic fan base hating and despising nearly every modern comic in existence, but oh well.

But, I'm not a hater... Give me good characters and an interesting story, and I'll jump on board right away.  But this new-52-verse is just... bleh.  Mostly.  I loved the Power Girl / Huntress team.  And Earth-2 started out pretty good.  Ah, and I LOVED Justice League Dark and Demon Knights was great until Paul Cornell left.  More recently, Justice League 3000 has been a hoot.

However, the new costumes *SUCKED* all up and down the line.  Jim Lee should never, ever, ever, never design costumes.  Hideous.

I still love comics... just not (most) DC anymore.  Seems like somewhere in the past 5 years they've forgotten comics are supposed to be *fun.*  I still read Walking Dead, Masks, Green Hornet, Invincible, and enough other books to keep my brain good and full... But, DC... ugh.  Most of the time when I read one of their books I feel like I need to follow-up by having a shower to wash away the stink.

And, again... it looks like the Darkseid War is going to be fun. 

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 06:40:33 PM »
I used to be bitter at DC, but then I realized just how much money DC was saving me by giving me a giant jumping off point.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 06:56:27 PM »
But, I'm not a hater... Give me good characters and an interesting story, and I'll jump on board right away.  But this new-52-verse is just... bleh.  Mostly.  I loved the Power Girl / Huntress team.  And Earth-2 started out pretty good.  Ah, and I LOVED Justice League Dark and Demon Knights was great until Paul Cornell left.  More recently, Justice League 3000 has been a hoot.

However, the new costumes *SUCKED* all up and down the line.  Jim Lee should never, ever, ever, never design costumes.  Hideous.

I still love comics... just not (most) DC anymore.  Seems like somewhere in the past 5 years they've forgotten comics are supposed to be *fun.*  I still read Walking Dead, Masks, Green Hornet, Invincible, and enough other books to keep my brain good and full... But, DC... ugh.  Most of the time when I read one of their books I feel like I need to follow-up by having a shower to wash away the stink.

And, again... it looks like the Darkseid War is going to be fun.

I get that, its just it is a little disheartening to see so much consistant negativity in a community that you're trying to/in the middle of finally breaking into after years of putting it off ^^
I don't disagree that some of the new stuff is badly thought out, I just think that too many people focus a little too much sayin "THIS IS WHAT WE DON'T WANT" and not quite enough time saying "THIS IS WHAT WE DO WANT", but eh, I could be (probably am :P) wrong.

[[EDIT: Fixed broken quote ~Agge]]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:04:19 PM by Aggelakis »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2015, 02:00:13 AM »
DCYou. Part of me is really embarrassed for them and the other part can't believe it took them this long to come up with that. Oh and that part is also embarrassed for them.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2015, 01:05:42 PM »
It's not De-see You, a hero that can turn others invisible?