Author Topic: Wildstar goes F2P  (Read 2628 times)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Wildstar goes F2P
« on: May 28, 2015, 11:22:31 PM »

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
Re: Wildstar goes F2P
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 11:53:54 PM »
Did anyone NOT see this coming?

http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/28/wildstars-free-to-play-shift-too-little-or-just-enough/
interesting, now I might try it out. Wonder if this is a sign of the older closed games coming back.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 02:39:04 AM »
interesting, now I might try it out. Wonder if this is a sign of the older closed games coming back.

I wouldn't read too much into this. It's my understanding (based on stuff I've read on massively) that Wildstar hasn't been terribly profitable and has had development woes, so switching to FTP to try and garner a player base isn't surprising.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 03:32:29 AM »
I won't play it until we have city of heroes back, not before.  Though from what I read about it, thats a big if to even, I don't like a game where;

A healer gets ALL the credit.

Every fight is the same.

Team failures always turn into a game of "find the scapegoat".

And ultimately the repetitiveness of every fight being the same causes me to just play some other games without a second thought.

In other words, not interested in another holy trinity game that people even asked to be a generic holy trinity game.

Edit: Had a pretty big discussion about this on facebook earlier today and yesterday.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »
I may try it, since it's free. Is player appearance tied to what armor (or whatever) you wear?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 08:16:34 PM »
Yes and no. There are costume gear slots you can put stuff into (free users are limited to how many outfits you can wear), which will override your actual worn armor's visuals. But not everything can be overridden.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 07:47:48 PM »
I won't play it until we have city of heroes back, not before.  Though from what I read about it, thats a big if to even, I don't like a game where;

A healer gets ALL the credit.

Every fight is the same.

Team failures always turn into a game of "find the scapegoat".

And ultimately the repetitiveness of every fight being the same causes me to just play some other games without a second thought.

In other words, not interested in another holy trinity game that people even asked to be a generic holy trinity game.

Edit: Had a pretty big discussion about this on facebook earlier today and yesterday.

Big assumptions to make about the game.  I agree it has some developmental problems.  But I uh....didn't run into any of that stuff you just mentioned.  The game it self just had a lack of content for a release that big.  Size of an ocean, depth of a swimming pool.

In fact I remember when I was playing just after launch Tank's were by far the most in demand class needed.  However I am so in love with tank classes so I happened to be one, this resulted in basically a red carpet to anything I ever needed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:28:05 PM by Taceus Jiwede »