Author Topic: Captain America Civil War!  (Read 3837 times)

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
Captain America Civil War!
« on: May 16, 2015, 06:51:04 AM »
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:57:02 AM by Peacemaker »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Captain America Civil War!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 07:59:49 AM »
404'd!

Check yo' links befo' you wreck yo' links! ;)
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:00:17 AM »
Thanks Tenzhi! link is fixed now.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 09:29:10 AM »
Swanky.   I like it, but I'm not real familiar with Crossbones. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 10:46:01 AM »
umm, wasn't Crossbones killed in the lact Cap movie?
IIRC he was quite high up in a collapsing building... so, just another Joker Death?

And Falcon's new suit is nice. Closer to the comics, but thankfully not exactly like it.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 12:57:08 PM »
I didn't even remember Crossbones being in the last Cap movie.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 01:22:42 PM »
Here he is:

SHIELD Hydra agent Brock Rumlow aka. Crossbones.
And according to wiki I remembered wrong... he is still alive.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 01:33:19 PM »
ah, i do vaguely remember him being in the movie (though there was nothing particularly memorable about that movie apart from s.j. looking like death warmed over for some reason) but would never have known he was crossbones without the lucha libre mask as i've not gotten around to reading the full run of Cap yet.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 03:12:19 PM »
He is shown being taken out on a stretcher towards the end of the movie, IIRC.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 03:46:34 PM »
He is shown being taken out on a stretcher towards the end of the movie, IIRC.

You are indeed correct.  Intercut with all the other little tie ups at the end like Garry Shandling getting arrested for hailing.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 04:04:04 PM »
I have not read the comic series, but I heard that Crossbones is the character that kills Steve Rodgers.  If that is true, this could be Chris Evans' exit from his Marvel obligations, and it would be one hell of a moment on screen.  It would also follow into other characters that donned the red, white, and blue suit, like Bucky Barnes, and Sam (The Falcon).

I have absolutely loved the way Evans plays Cap, but I knew it would not last forever, and passing the torch as it was done in comic canon is not a bad way to go.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 05:04:25 PM »
it's widely believed this will indeed be evan's final cap movie as his contract is up and he wants to retire from acting to do directing and producing, at least according to interviews.  Given that his role is one of the more physically demanding ones, I can't blame him. Of course, marvel and disney could do what they did with RDJ and just throw God's own money at him until he relents to do a few more, but I doubt that they will given how expensive these movies are and how, unlike ironman, there is a readily available "kill captain america" plot readily available in the comic books. (that and he was part of the whole slut-shaming thing involving Avengers2 which I doubt endeared him to the house of mouse execs)

per wikipedia:
Spoiler for Hidden:
In the aftermath of Civil War, Captain America is taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody where he is assassinated per the order of the Red Skull. Crossbones snipes at him while Sharon Carter, who has been brainwashed by Doctor Faustus posing as a S.H.I.E.L.D. psychiatrist, delivers the killing blow.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 05:13:08 PM »
it's widely believed this will indeed be evan's final cap movie as his contract is up and he wants to retire from acting to do directing and producing, at least according to interviews. 

Chris Evans contract is for 6 Marvel movies and he has done 4 (Cap 1 + 2, Avengers 1 + 2).  Apparently the appearance in Thor 2 did not count.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 05:27:15 PM »
it's widely believed this will indeed be evan's final cap movie as his contract is up and he wants to retire from acting to do directing and producing, at least according to interviews.  Given that his role is one of the more physically demanding ones, I can't blame him. Of course, marvel and disney could do what they did with RDJ and just throw God's own money at him until he relents to do a few more, but I doubt that they will given how expensive these movies are and how, unlike ironman, there is a readily available "kill captain america" plot readily available in the comic books. (that and he was part of the whole slut-shaming thing involving Avengers2 which I doubt endeared him to the house of mouse execs)

per wikipedia:
Spoiler for Hidden:
In the aftermath of Civil War, Captain America is taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody where he is assassinated per the order of the Red Skull. Crossbones snipes at him while Sharon Carter, who has been brainwashed by Doctor Faustus posing as a S.H.I.E.L.D. psychiatrist, delivers the killing blow.

Well technically Cap wasn't dead. Like the Batman arc at the time - both were trapped in their own past and later on were brought back to the present. The Batman one made sense since he was hit with the Omega Beams but Cap being shot with a temporal bullet or some such nonsense was a little too far fetched IMO.

Now that might be too complicated for the movie universe so they could leave Chris as Steve dead for real and then have Bucky take over as Cap like he did in the comics.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »

Now that might be too complicated for the movie universe so they could leave Chris as Steve dead for real and then have Bucky take over as Cap like he did in the comics.

Or have Falcon take over like the comics, though I think U.S. Agent would be more fun than either.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »
There's some new set photos for Civil War at:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=120619

With pics of Crossbones, Black Widow, Cap and Falcon.  Cap even has his own hammer... that looks like it was made of an old Makita flashlight.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 09:49:50 PM »
That would probably be one of the portable fans that the costumed guys carry around between shots. Both Evans and Hemsworth mentioned that they had to have them on set because the costumes are so hot. Hemsworth was especially happy to lose his sleeves for A2.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 11:54:14 PM »
that, or it's an oil filter wrench for black widow's bike...
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »
Cap's hammer isn't all that impressive.

Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot