Author Topic: Supergirl TV Series  (Read 88624 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Supergirl TV Series
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2016, 02:06:54 AM »
In my experience, in real life *relationships* make adults act childish.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2016, 07:43:48 AM »
Weird they had j'onn eating a made up brand of cookie. Not like oreos would have turned down the free advertisement.

Spoiler for Hidden:
fat Dean Cain as a special ops guy made me laugh.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2016, 11:52:02 PM »
In my experience, in real life *relationships* make adults act childish.
[/quote

in my experience you can just remove everything but the last 3 words of the sentence and you sum up the entirety of human history :P

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2016, 02:18:56 PM »
Weird they had j'onn eating a made up brand of cookie. Not like oreos would have turned down the free advertisement.
Perhaps Oreos demanded to be paid?  Or they couldn't come to terms with how much Oreos would have to pay for the product placement?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2016, 10:51:17 PM »
Was that brand ever referenced in the comics?  I meant to check, but forgot the name.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2016, 11:15:24 PM »
Was that brand ever referenced in the comics?  I meant to check, but forgot the name.

I've read every JLA from the Brave and Bold premiere to 1995. Has been Oreos every time I've ever seen it, but I can't vouch for his early appearances.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #306 on: March 24, 2016, 12:09:38 AM »

I'm pretty sure the comics did the same thing: switched from a named brand to a generic one. I don't recall if the name was chocos or not.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2016, 05:11:15 AM »

Allegedly, they started calling them Chocos in Martian Manhunter #24 back in 2000.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #308 on: March 24, 2016, 05:20:53 AM »
That worries me. I now fear that Oreos was fine with the free advertising through all the putrid runs i've already suffered through but they somehow get worse between 95 and 2000 and Oreos calls foul. The only thing that's gotten me through the ones I've read so far is the belief that surely at some point they'd start to get better. Well that and the same ridiculous compulsion that started me reading in the first place.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #309 on: March 27, 2016, 01:39:29 AM »
Thoughts.

My first thought was wondering what artifact Pete had gotten hold of.  I figure something from Orson Welles.  The mike he used to broadcast War of the Worlds.  Man I miss Warehouse 13.

My second thought.  That was absolutely not Jim Harper!  >:(

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #310 on: March 27, 2016, 02:21:25 AM »
My first thought was wondering what artifact Pete had gotten hold of.
As soon as he showed up on screen, I thought, "PETE!"
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #311 on: March 29, 2016, 01:59:40 AM »
Woo, The Flash! That was great!

....not sure if its enough to keep me in it for more, since I missed the whole entire thing before this episode.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2016, 02:20:16 AM »
A DC team up done right - not only did it feature actors, but they also had chemistry - a very nice antidote to the poisonous trash that Snyder vomited over us this weekend.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2016, 06:07:12 AM »
Good thing Livewire was there to make sure Siobhan got changed into her Cobra Kai Halloween dance outfit before the big fight.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2016, 01:14:22 PM »
Good thing Livewire was there to make sure Siobhan got changed into her Cobra Kai Halloween dance outfit before the big fight.

Ha! Although based on the flashes when she started feeling the curse, I assume it was only a matter of time anyways.

I was surprised that characters recognized her - I only knew it was the same person because the show told me it was. She looked completely different to me.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2016, 02:18:00 PM »
Well, they did it... They got me to watch an episode of Supergirl.  That was fun!  She and Flash were great together.  They need to crossover the other direction now.   ;D

The show looks fun.  I might have to go back and check out some old episodes.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2016, 12:00:33 AM »
This show just keeps getting better. I hope the ratings are as high as I like it so we get another season.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2016, 04:18:37 AM »
"You look like the attractive yet nonthreatening racially diverse cast of a CW show."

I laughed.  And then I chuckled at "the Blur".

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2016, 04:58:17 AM »
Also: For a moment I thought "seriously?  the amnesia kiss?"

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #319 on: March 30, 2016, 07:29:24 AM »
Also: For a moment I thought "seriously?  the amnesia kiss?"
Me too.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin