Author Topic: Supergirl TV Series  (Read 89384 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: Supergirl TV Series
« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2016, 02:24:01 PM »
This show just keeps getting better. I hope the ratings are as high as I like it so we get another season.

I believe it's already been picked up for another season.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2016, 05:31:39 PM »
I believe it's already been picked up for another season.

Hrm...  I was recently told the opposite...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2016, 11:48:27 PM »
CBS has stated that they plan to pick up all of the new series this year for a second season.  The press release they put out a few days ago listing renewals didn't include any of those series, so people had a minor panic attack.

That being said, World's Finest got some of the highest ratings for a Supergirl episode.

http://screenrant.com/supergirl-flash-crossover-ratings/
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #323 on: March 31, 2016, 01:51:27 AM »
Hate to be "that guy", but the Flash cross-over episode went way past my corny/sappy tolerance. I'm probably "out".

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #324 on: March 31, 2016, 02:01:07 AM »
Hate to be "that guy", but the Flash cross-over episode went way past my corny/sappy tolerance. I'm probably "out".

Embrace being "that guy", i could use the company.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #325 on: March 31, 2016, 02:13:57 AM »

Ah, well.  If Aloysius Devadander Abercrombie ever becomes a vampire, we'll need you around to save us.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #326 on: April 12, 2016, 12:21:29 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
"Call Harrison Ford and tell him that I'm flattered, but once and for all, I do not date older men.  Especially when they're married."
I may have scared my dogs when I laughed at that one.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #327 on: April 12, 2016, 12:54:13 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
"Call Harrison Ford and tell him that I'm flattered, but once and for all, I do not date older men.  Especially when they're married."
I may have scared my dogs when I laughed at that one.

Holy crap, that went RIGHT by me. whoosh
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #328 on: April 13, 2016, 12:23:00 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Yay, Maxima. Finally someone we recognize.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #329 on: April 13, 2016, 01:02:44 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Yay, Maxima. Finally someone we recognize.

You didn't recognize Silver Banshee, Livewire, or Red Tornado?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #330 on: April 13, 2016, 01:10:18 AM »
Sorry, shoulda specified alien. and yes, i recognized j'onn before you ask.

oddly they've already had rampage and vril dox in the comic based on the show, both of whom would seem to require about the same amount of special effects work as the aliens they've had on the show that we all had to wiki.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #331 on: April 13, 2016, 01:41:58 AM »
Ah.  I recognized the khund as a meathead cannon fodder race.  Mostly from Lobo, I think.  But I get what you're saying.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #332 on: April 13, 2016, 05:29:21 AM »
So, Non is using Max's satellite to control everyone, and no one thinks to destroy the satellite in question?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »
They said there was a powerful force field around it. You'd think max would have some way to shut it down from earth, but I can suspend disbelief for that much. I had much less problem there than the laughable nature/nurture explanation for its working on kal.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2016, 02:24:29 PM »
I recognized Jemm, Son of Saturn from his comic Jemm, Son of Saturn.

and since Khunds and Lobo are mentioned in the thread, there's the long running joke:
Lobo, like the wolf?
No actually it's from an ancient Khundian dialect and means he who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #335 on: April 17, 2016, 03:18:26 AM »
BTW "Myriad" has another name... "The Anti-Life Equation".  That's exactly what Kirby was writing about when he created Darkseid in the 4th World books.  That's what Darkseid is after -- complete external control of all thought... he just wants to extend it throughout the multiverse.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2016, 08:35:07 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
The hope speech. Yeah, that happened. Even Superfriends had more sophisticated plot resolutions.

Gonna guess Comet as the pod's occupant.

Oh and wasn't Kal in space for something a couple eps ago?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:46:58 AM by Vee »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2016, 05:30:00 AM »
He came back last episode and his brain was taken over because nature vs. nurture mumbo-jumbo.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2016, 05:37:35 AM »
Also:  the Lucy Lane from this series is a better Lois Lane than the Lois in recent movies.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2016, 05:52:21 AM »
He came back last episode and his brain was taken over because nature vs. nurture mumbo-jumbo.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Thought so. So are we supposed to think he had the Supermobile or is there something on the Kryptonian Y chromosome that lets him do space? You'd think Kara's super lungs would have at least let her hold her breath long enough to do what she did in that episode.