Author Topic: City of Heroes Sci Fi Novella  (Read 1803 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
City of Heroes Sci Fi Novella
« on: May 14, 2015, 04:44:04 AM »
Someone write it..
I've always thought of the "writing" in City of heroes/Villains the same way I think of Dragon Ball Z and Mortal Kombat.
It has all of the pieces to create a legendary high quality story but with DBZ and MK they weren't put together correctly and ended up being eh...

Just saying and novel series would be kewl.
Does anyone here consider themselves a good writer? Write some stuff and pitch it.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
Re: City of Heroes Sci Fi Novella
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 06:59:31 AM »
Paragon Avenger has written some good stuff in the Roleplay forum, defiantly worth reading, it's like your daily COH hit  ;)

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 02:13:04 AM »
If someone wanted to do more than fanfiction, i.e. published book, I imagine it would be a nightmare process getting copyright approval from NC.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 05:37:20 AM »
Paragon Avenger has written some good stuff in the Roleplay forum, defiantly worth reading, it's like your daily COH hit  ;)
Thank you.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »
While it's not officially a City of Heroes story, the primary author (Mercedes Lackey) is quite open and acknowledges that most of the characters and situations in her novel series "The Secret World Chronicles" began their lives as City of Heroes characters. And if you "squint" a bit, the main villain force is pretty obviously a take on The Fifth Column.

The 3rd book even has a dedication to Tre Chipman - "Ascendant" (With an "a") which was really classy of her.

http://www.amazon.com/Invasion-Secret-World-Chronicle-Chronicles/dp/1451637721
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1986356.The_Secret_World_Chronicle

There are currently 4 books available in the series.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 03:25:30 AM »
For me, Red Saviour II is the most interesting character.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 05:31:47 AM »
I would be more than happy to write a City of Heroes Novella, but my doctor told me to ... take it easy, yeah my doctor told me to take it easy.
I wonder if one could get around copyright infringement by calling it Town of Heroes.