Author Topic: Batman: Arkham Knight  (Read 1553 times)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Batman: Arkham Knight
« on: April 29, 2015, 03:33:13 AM »
Disclaimer: I don't play console games, but I sell them at my day job. Frankly, I don't think enough average consumers are going to either understand what's happening here or care about it if they do to make a difference in the way the gaming industry sells games. It'll just be rereleased 12-18 months later with all DLC content for $10 less than the original MSRP.

source
Looking forward to playing Batman: Arkham Knight? Sure, we are too! That'll be $60. What's that, you want to play all of Arkham Knight? Well, that'll be $100. What, you didn't think you were going to get the whole game for $60 did you? What do you think this is, 2013?

Warner Bros. announced today that a season pass for Arkham Knight will be offered for $39.99. For six months after release, pass holders will get "new story missions, additional super-villains invading Gotham City, legendary Batmobile skins, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks" strung out over the six months following release. Value-conscious gamers also have the option of the $99.99 Premium Edition, which includes the game and the season pass, a savings of no money whatsoever.

Dear readers: Are we completely off base? Is this how you want the game industry to go? Are you planning on voting with your dollars for this sort of structure to continue?

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Batman: Arkham Knight
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 04:23:28 AM »
Wake me in a few years when it's 5 bucks on steam with all the dlc. I'm in no rush :D

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Batman: Arkham Knight
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:26:17 PM »
I'm looking forward to the game, but I will definitely wait. I happened to pick up the first one in Best Buy for $20 months after release; I don't know what the original price was, but it seemed like a deal at the time.

I also got the Elder Scrolls Anthology (all 5 ES game, including Skyrim with all DLC) for $30 at Target a month ago. Skyrim (with DLC) was $20 there.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame