Author Topic: Chewie, we're home.  (Read 1718 times)

Mental Maden

• Boss
Chewie, we're home.
« on: April 16, 2015, 10:20:21 PM »
That is all.
Oh yeah and squee!

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Chewie, we're home.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 10:57:07 PM »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 11:30:58 PM »
J.J. Abrams trying to do for hands what Joss Whedon did for feet?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 05:14:52 AM »
J.J. Abrams trying to do for hands what Joss Whedon did for feet?

Buh... Wuh...  Huh?!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 06:35:50 AM »
Good trailer and while I know this will probably upset jj fans, I really hope jj doesn't upset starwars fans like he did with startrek. It would be hard to ruin starwars and really it should of been impossible with startrek... But we shall see come December.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 09:48:54 AM »
I saw episodes 1-3... It's not really that hard to ruin Star Wars.  And that's without even getting into the more awful bits of the EU, like that whole big event with aliens from outside the galaxy/universe invading and Jacen Solo's character getting screwed over allegedly due to objections from on high against having another evil Anakin.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 12:37:41 PM »
Buh... Wuh...  Huh?!

I got it :). Its a joke about the lingering shots of people's hands.  Jose in Firefly and Serenity would follow River's bare feet a lot

Watched some of the panels at he Star Wars celebration.  And one thing really jumps out at the difference with Abrhams and Lucas in their takes on using CGI.  JJ actually had a real remote controlled BB-8 that they rolled out onto stage with R2-D2.  He talked about how he felt it was important that the actors had something to play off of in those scenes.  Compare that to Lucas, to quote the DVD commentary of one of the prequels "We were able to knock off the actor stuff by noon so we could get to the real important stuff, the FX"

Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 09:59:30 PM »
Didn't notice the lingering shots in either case.

But in all the lead up to the new Star Wars, the focus on practical FX critters is something that's kept me interested.