Author Topic: Battle of the Map Zones #3 PvP Special  (Read 1540 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
Battle of the Map Zones #3 PvP Special
« on: April 13, 2015, 03:17:38 AM »
Bloody Bay vs Siren's Call
GO!
I never really pvped. I never had any success as all my toons were Defenders or Controllers.
But I do have good memories of droning people in Siren's Call.
Plus the band I was in as a Teenager was named after Siren's Call.
So I vote Sirens
:)

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
Re: Battle of the Map Zones #3 PvP Special
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:47:03 AM »
I'm going to have to go with Siren's Call. I never really pvp'ed much, (except for when I went pvp badge-hunting) but I always thought the destroyed War Wall in Siren's Call was really neat and the back story behind it was interesting

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 05:37:17 AM »
Ultimately I found PVP in the game to be boring and often times annoying, I feel like they tried but really missed the mark on it. For the long run I would have to go with Bloody Bay because those Shivans were just so freaking useful, but I do have a couple good memories from Siren's.

I remember early on I was able to use Stealth as a Mastermind and go ontop of a little ledge right above the Hero entrance. I would sit up there and rain pets down on people (they would get killed by the drones before they would do anything but get some attention) and people would tear the place apart trying to find me, never checking that little ledge. Once they stopped looking I would repeat it, just for laughs. Sometimes I would have the pets start dancing before they got zapped by the drones.

Of course it was things like this that made it so extra drones were added RIGHT on the ledge, and drones were given higher perception ratings that they could provide to nearby players as well. Still, it was silly and fun.

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 02:17:11 PM »
Bloody Bay hands down for me! I loved the map so much.  Going and getting Shivan pets, finding badges, secret tunnels in Arachnos base.  BB was so much fun! (that reminds me, I haven't visited that zone since the sunset, i'll have to fire up icon and explore)  8)

Kurrent

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 01:26:57 AM »
Siren's Call would get my pick for a pvp zone, while Bloody Bay would be the neater and overall better designed zone.

I loved the feel of leading a group of supporting NPCs into a mass combat against dozens of enemies.  The fact that the zone really looked like people had been pounding each other into the ground only added even more feel to it.  It managed to pack a little bit of everything into the terrain there, making it a constantly changing battlefield.  Before the travel power suppression it was even better, but it still remained fun even after the suppression. 

BB was just a great zone.  I did love the backstory of the destroyed war wall in Siren's and Scirocco's role in that, but the history and sheer craziness of BB made it sooo much fun.  Shivans were always helpful to have in your pocket, so there was always a good reason to make a trip to the Bay.  And I loved how you had to essentially take a mini-tour of the zone to gather the six meteor pieces, then prep and fuse them together. 

Jo

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 06:02:24 AM »
I loved bloody bay, as I loved being able to lay down the Shivan when it hit the fan.
I'd go in as soon as I hit level 15, grab the ins power and a pet.
Hardly ever faced off against anyone there.

Siren's I kind of ignored for the most part, going to RV if it wasn't BB.