Author Topic: Anyone playing Vindictus?  (Read 1590 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Anyone playing Vindictus?
« on: March 21, 2015, 05:26:16 AM »
Just found out about this one.
Its free to play and its REALLY good.

Combat is like DCU where you use buttons to do combos and attacks.
You can use mouse and keyboard or gamepad, which is a lot better.
Has great graphics and decent character customization.

I only have played the tutorial and a few quick missions but so far I love it.

And you can join parties or create a party of just you if you want to go and solo missions.

And a good selection of combat types - sword and shield, dual blades, magic, spears, etc.

And it doesn't take use 25 or 30 gigs for files - maybe 6 or 7.

Arceia

• Underling
Re: Anyone playing Vindictus?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 06:18:40 AM »
Just a heads up before you get too invested into this game:

1) It's managed by Nexon, which means zero customer support. I logged in a couple weeks ago after taking a year break, and all my characters were deleted because my account was flagged as 'inactive'. And don't bother contacting customer support, because they won't respond, ever. Account hacked? Characters gone? Items lost? Kiss it good-bye.

2) The difficulty skyrockets around level 40, so quests by and large become completely unsoloable. You are highly "encouraged" to buy boosters from the shop to keep enchanting your gear and buy the super potions. Almost positive this is intentional design, because many people by this point are too invested in the game to quit, and pay money to keep going.

Bottom line: it's fun for a while, but don't make the mistake I did of getting heavily invested in the game.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Anyone playing Vindictus?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 02:46:03 PM »
I'm not really getting too involved. Its fun combat to do a few missions now and again, and has some decent story but if I have to start paying money to keep up I can just stop.