Author Topic: Pet data missing  (Read 16747 times)

plasma

• Underling
Pet data missing
« on: March 31, 2008, 12:34:55 AM »
"Pets" is there, but the old "Pet" class which includes stuff like Sleet and the HeatLossBuff pets are missing.

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
Re: Pet data missing
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 04:26:51 PM »
"Pets" is there, but the old "Pet" class which includes stuff like Sleet and the HeatLossBuff pets are missing.

I'm working on a wider "fix" for pet powers and the like in City of Data ... no eta, as I'm quite busy with work (new job) and trying to buy a house at the moment :)

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:14:27 AM »
Hello there (created an account just now. Short presentation: CoX-Europe player, currently not p(l)aying at the moment)

First, thank you red tomax for your dedication in the City of Data. Great site! However I spotted some oddities and since you tell us here a fix is on it's way, please acknowledge the following problems:
-links to pets in the regular powers (ie rain of fire, omega manoeuvre, Mu guardian in the sets) don't always work (in fact rarely)
-some mastermind pets have power they shouldn't, protector bots have dispersion bubble in their tier 3 set (the one given by the Upgrade Robot) for instance.
-Are you sure the commando gets the auto turret? never spotted it (never had the pet either, but grouped before), asking someone 50 right now

This is not for the pets and it's more of a personnal opinion
-The damage chart you made for power sets (the one with all the powers of the sets in bars) is great, but i'd rather have a DPS ( sum(dam)/(act+rech) ) and DPA (sum(dam)/act) chart rather than a pure Dam chart. You could make it show 2 bars per power (and 2 scales because DPA>>DPS) but keep the size. I think this is more relevant data than just damage... I'm also going to ask mid to introduce it in his builder but since he has bad (old) activation times, it would be off.

That is all. Keep up the good work and good luck with your IRL issues ^^
Yeeessss....

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 03:33:16 PM »
Hello there (created an account just now. Short presentation: CoX-Europe player, currently not p(l)aying at the moment)

First, thank you red tomax for your dedication in the City of Data. Great site! However I spotted some oddities and since you tell us here a fix is on it's way, please acknowledge the following problems:
-links to pets in the regular powers (ie rain of fire, omega manoeuvre, Mu guardian in the sets) don't always work (in fact rarely)
-some mastermind pets have power they shouldn't, protector bots have dispersion bubble in their tier 3 set (the one given by the Upgrade Robot) for instance.
-Are you sure the commando gets the auto turret? never spotted it (never had the pet either, but grouped before), asking someone 50 right now

This is not for the pets and it's more of a personnal opinion
-The damage chart you made for power sets (the one with all the powers of the sets in bars) is great, but i'd rather have a DPS ( sum(dam)/(act+rech) ) and DPA (sum(dam)/act) chart rather than a pure Dam chart. You could make it show 2 bars per power (and 2 scales because DPA>>DPS) but keep the size. I think this is more relevant data than just damage... I'm also going to ask mid to introduce it in his builder but since he has bad (old) activation times, it would be off.

That is all. Keep up the good work and good luck with your IRL issues ^^

- Links to pets powersets will be fixed -- part of the change from i7 to i11 meant the relationships that I had established stopped working and I haven't had time to create an alternative yet -- along with better handling of rain of type powers that don't deal damage directly, but summon an entity to deal the damage.
- I'm not sure about the problem MM pet's having powers they may not have in-game.  I guess it's possible that the power is in the powerset associated with the pet, but the pet only actually has a subset of the powers in it?   I've barely played my Mastermind so can't really compare what the expected result is here vs. CoD.
-Damage per <various> charts (and much, much more) on the way, I've got something very special on the drawing board at the moment that I think will change the way you all use CoD completely when it's finally released.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:14:58 PM »
-Damage per <various> charts (and much, much more) on the way, I've got something very special on the drawing board at the moment that I think will change the way you all use CoD completely when it's finally released.

Can't wait ;)

The problem is that the Protector Bots don't HAVE THE POWER AT ALL, while according to City of Data they should get Dispersion Bubble (toggle PBAoE +def(All)), they never activate it, it never shows at all, under any circumstance. So (that's my assumption, maybe they do but the AI don't use it) because actually the power has been around for whole issues, it's not I12-only, nor has just been added, check old databases if you still have some, they never activate it, it has been placed here erroneously. Although there is still a possibility that it is a silent power (no FX, no buff icon nor toggle icon) I think the stats (I was still around when we had the stats of the pets/ourselves) did not show any improvement from this dispersion bubble.
Anyway, if I were a MM with bots like this, I would pick FF anytime, and with the 3 bubbles I would be like a tank (Ice/ tank that is, or /EA brute, and wouldn't have to worry about mezzes or anything on my bot/miasma), now that would be insane so this is not possible o_O

So either the City of Data shows a power that is not meant to be here, or (if you get the pets' powersets from the devs/game) their AI is screwed and they don't use the power (being a toggle, it could have been overlooked). I think it's the former, but if it's the later, I would be blessed.

Same applies to the commando if they don't use it.

Anyway I don't expect ANYONE to support this website AND have the time to play all the ATs to 50 while having a life ^^ relax, this is a suberb work.

(Edit: messed between the edit QUOTE (Edit2: what's happening with me... should get some sleep) and modify buttons, removed the following message. I intended to add that the auto-turret the commando supposedly has is also unused by him, like the dispersion bubble)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 06:33:01 AM by Mister Bison »
Yeeessss....

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 02:25:15 AM »
Several Mastermind pets have powers, but their AI is set to never activate them. Protector Bots Dispersion Bubble is an example. I believe they used it during CoV beta, but it was deemed too powerful and so was shut off; but leaving it in their list of powers was probably easier than having to add it back in if that descision was ever to be changed.

teklord

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 10:04:57 PM »
Any update for this.  It is quite frustrating for me.  It seems to affect villians much more than the hero sets, but I can't look at the stats for any of /traps for instance.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 10:31:32 PM »
Red Tomax is MIA, so until he comes back there'll be no updates I'm afraid  :-\

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,1374.0.html
NPC Pets and Mission pets don't have a link ATM, but it's got access to the others :)

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 06:45:06 PM »
Nice thread, don't know how I missed it!  Stickied that baby.  ( 8) )

Failut

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 09:54:54 PM »
Anyone able to find a link to the Traps pets?

Never mind, I found them, they are under Villain Pets.

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 02:33:08 PM »
All summon powers should now link a page listing all the powers available to the summoned entity, without exception.  If you find a summon power that is not working as described please let me know.

e.g .

Blaster -> Rain of Arrows points to Rain of Arrows Summoned Entity
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 02:39:52 PM by RedTomax »