Author Topic: Paragon X 7:Lunar City.  (Read 1875 times)

b3y0nd3r

• Underling
Paragon X 7:Lunar City.
« on: March 17, 2015, 03:26:51 AM »
Paragon X:
Lunar City.
(2029 four years ago)
Synapse sat at his computer console trying to compute his latest algorythms. Dr. Aeon 2 Barges in on Synapse. "Hey, man, you need to tear yourself away form all this heavy duty thinking, man." Synapse shook his head and thought to himself, why did I get stuck with the sixties Aeon. "Dr. Aeon we must find a way to cure the people of Earth and turn them back into humans. We must find a way to close the interdimensional rift. All these problems need 'heavy duty thinking', MAN."
Dr. Aeon 2 walked over to Synapse and said, "Hey man, call me 'two', okay dude? Anyway, I have been working on those problems as well but without a Rikti-human to experiment on, it's gonna be one tough job man."
Just then Madame Maven appeared on the large view screen. "Sir, the people here are getting restless. The ten year food and fuel supplies are dwindling fast and many are afraid that they may be contaminated by the 'Rikti virus' if a supply vessal was to come from Earth."
Synapse was quick to respond, "There is no confirmation that the cause of the mutations are a virus."
Madame Maven then left the screen and teleported into the room next to Synapse. "Sir we need to intiate the Woodsman protocol and cut ourselves off from Earth. If we don't do this right now it will be too late and we will have to either get supplies or leave Lunar City."
Dr. Aeon 2 put his hand on Synapse shoulder and said, "She's right man. There is no time left."
Synapse stroked his long grey beard and then said, "Okay, let's start the Woodsman Initiative. I will prepare to make the final call."

President Rodriguez was just a year into his second term and his polling numbers were astounding despite the fact that the public was mostly turning into Rikti and the planet seemed to be tearing itself apart. While running for his second term, he announced that he would have a new position, "Chief Administrator". This position would be, basically, his right hand man, or woman. Barracuda, his Chief of the Secret Police, was interested in this position. Also interested was his long time friend, Shadow Spider. Shadow has a long history as an intelligence operative...and a spy. For a spy she carried herself with confidence and dignity. Barracuda did not. She enter the Oval office, like she owned it, and sat down across from President Rodriguez. The interview, began.
"So Shadow Spider, it has been a long time, hasn't it?"
"About 18 years, sir. And by the way, you can call me Spider"
"Very well Spider. I am going to be blunt. We don't live in a world of good and evil anymore. We live in a world that is going to meet it's maker and values like good and evil are luxuries we cant afford. There is no room for personal gain when the world is going to end. So, are you still a villian?"
"Sir, I no longer have that in me. To be a villian these days is to be a villian to myself. I have a family and I need to do whats good for the world, not just for me."
"I know. We have done extensive checks on you and if there was the slightest doubt, you wouldn't be here. I needed to hear it from your mouth in your own words. You have been briefed on the job and all it entails. Do you want it?"
"Yes sir! I promise I wont let you down!"
"Great you will be my right hand...and Barracuda, my left."