Author Topic: Costume-list oddity  (Read 2492 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Costume-list oddity
« on: February 20, 2015, 12:53:30 AM »
I distinctly remember that, when I first started using Icon, the costume-part lists had color codes assigned to some of the pieces - I think they were the pieces that the players didn't have access to, or something. I just went in to try to replicate a Wyvern costume (I was hoping that they had a ready-made one under "Costume Sets" for the devs to use), and I realized that I can't find any of the colors anymore; none of the costume pieces are distinguished from the others. I haven't updated to 1.71, so that can't be it. I've tried 1.6 and 1.7, issues 23 and 24. What happened?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
Re: Costume-list oddity
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:11:26 AM »
It must be NPC mode, which is "icon.exe -n" instead of just "icon.exe"

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 04:47:39 AM »
Thanks; using -n did the trick. Still didn't find a pre-made Wyvern costume, though. I've been trying to approximate one in CO, and the screen caps, that I find online, tend to be of Wyvern agents in action, making it difficult to tell how the colors are laid out on the shirts and pants. So, I was hoping to find one in Icon to cheat by.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 05:02:24 AM »
Using ICON, load up a wyvern agent model.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Demo_Editing/Demo_Model_Names then search for 'wyvern'.

Then to spawn an agent:

/spawn_npc [internal_designation] [given_name]

example:

/spawnnpc Villain_Wyvern_Fang_Agent_01 Boobies
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 06:10:09 AM »
Thanks. Man, I'm getting old; I never thought of that. And I had done exactly that as a guide to making a Sister Psyche costume for when the game returns. (I dare say that the result could fool Manticore himself.)

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 05:10:24 AM »
It must be NPC mode, which is "icon.exe -n" instead of just "icon.exe"

Gotta try that.  I have created, and saved a lot of costumes.  I would hate to think that on the day the game comes back, that all that time I thought I would save by having these available will not be the case because I chose costume pieces which were not actually available at this stage of their development.  As fastidious as I am about the look of my characters, it would take awhile to replace multiple components.
What was no more, is now reborn!