Author Topic: How to post pictures?  (Read 1341 times)

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
How to post pictures?
« on: February 13, 2015, 07:54:42 PM »
So yeah, the title pretty much sums it up. I've looked into the posting options quite a bit, and I'm still rather confused as to how one uploads or inserts images into a post without using an external site. I'd imagine quite a few other people feel the same way, and threads about costumes, icon, and character designs would get a lot more love if there were an easily accessible tutorial on how to post images on the forums.
Anyway thanks very much :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: How to post pictures?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 03:51:44 AM »
There is no way to do it without an external site. The external site you use will tell you how to post their images on forums.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »
Okey dokey, wasn't 100% sure, so thanks very much for the reply :)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 04:57:06 PM »
I think it would be more accurate to say that you can't do it without an external site hosting your picture. You can then click on the little button shown in the screenshot below, and post the direct link within the tags that appear.

[ img ] http://i.imgur.com/csVmmoR.png [ /img ] <-- Like so, except I added spaces around the "img" tags to demonstrate. It then shows up like below.

It's not super clear form your post if you are aware of this already, although it seems like you might be? I don't know. Imgur is a pretty good site for free image hosting. Imageshack used to be, but it looks like you have to pay now? I tried to post this image with Google Drive first, but that didn't work. It's really not hard to use imgur - uploading is easy, and they give you a direct link right there.

I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame