Author Topic: Paragon X 1  (Read 2090 times)

b3y0nd3r

• Underling
Paragon X 1
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:07:41 AM »
Paragon X is a series that is based off of another "X" type storyline using "City of" characters. My sole purpose on writing this is to invoke emotions and entertain you. For you to see "a" future of the CoX universe. Some of your favorite villians and heros will be acting in a way that you may not expect them to. Therefore, you may not wish to read this.

Paragon X:
Reboot.
The sounds of whirling robotic arms and machinery fill the poorly lit room. On the repair table is a few parts of an android. Hovering besides the table, is a blue glowing hologram of Dr. Aeon. The hologram is young looking, like Aeon did in his prime. Four robotic arms begin to maneuver around the table hastily assembling the android into a more human form. After an hour, the robot is assembled and the holograph begins to tinker with the androids head. Dim light begins to emit from the eye sockets of the android. after a while, it begins to move its limbs and turn its head. Then, the android suddenly goes prone and a voice emits from the android saying: "Final reboot in progress. Time to completion 9.38 minutes." The hologram sighs and begins to float about the room as if trying to pace. Another alarm sounds off of the control panel on the far wall: "Super powered being now within the two mile radius area. Identification unknown at this moment." The hologram now maneuvers of to the panel and waves his hand silencing the alarm. "Reboot sequence complete." The hologram quickly floated to the table. The android on the table began to stir. Its eyes glanced around the room and fixated on the blue glowing hologram next to it.
"Where am I? Who are you?"
"I am Dr. Aeon. You are in my underground lab in Spider city.""Dr. Aeon? Who am I? What have you done to me?"
"I have rebuilt you. You were torn to shreds by Bob Cat of Preatoria. Don't you remember... Citadel?"
"Citadel? yes. I am Citadel. I remember the assault on Paragon city. Emperor's Cole forces. We drove them back and Bob Cat remained. She attacked Sister psyche...did she survive?"
"I'm afraid not. Her wounds were too critical to heal."
"I must get back to paragon city. Dr. Aeon, i'm having trouble with alot of my systems. Why are you here? Are you trying to use me against the rest of the heros?"
"I am not your enemy anymore. I am a holographic repair program made by the original Dr. Aeon some time ago. I was left here, forgotten, alone. Until I sent out some automated drones to retrieve your parts that were left on the battle field. You too were forgotten."
"Why was I forgotten?"
"After the battle, a worldwide event happened and everyone was rendered unconscious. It was hours when people began to awake from it. During this time, the remaining heros went to try to find the source of the event. You were left there in a heap of broken metal for years."
"Who activated you?"
"I was programed to reactivate if Dr.Aeon should die. I was recently reactivated and I must assume that he is dead. So you see, I am a program, I cannot be good or bad. I can only exist.
"How long have I been deactivated?"
"You have been deactivated for 22 years."
"I cannot link with any information networks or satellites to confirm your information"
"That is because they are not there. Heavy radioactive interference outside prevents any machines form working properly unless it has the right shielding. My drones are shielded as well as this lab."
"Then install this shielding in me. I wish to join my teammates."
"I am working on that right now, however it will take some time to complete. Now, I must acquaint you with what has happened to the world over the past 22 years. A lot has changed."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:39:17 PM by b3y0nd3r »

b3y0nd3r

• Underling
Re: Paragon X
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 04:49:05 AM »
A new story will be posted every Monday.