Author Topic: Guess who's coming to the MCU? Hint, he's got radioactive blood.  (Read 2757 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Guess who's coming to the MCU? Hint, he's got radioactive blood.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 10:25:52 AM »
If it's the origin story revisited yet again, I say thee nay.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »
Looks like he's doing a cameo first, then his own movie.  If they do an origin, it will have to be brief.

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 07:09:02 PM »
Wow. I'll admit, I didn't believe this would ever happen. I'm still kind of surprised--I don't see a big upside for either company here, although obviously as a fan I'm happy to hear that Spider-Man will stop sucking. :) But I'd think that Marvel would want more of an ownership stake in a character they sold well below market value, and Sony really has to be aware that they can keep churning out Spider-Man movies endlessly so long as they keep the budget under $100 mil and make a profit. This is kind of weird news.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 01:41:29 AM »
Latest report is he'll appear in the Captain America: Civil War movie.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 04:00:03 AM »
Latest report is he'll appear in the Captain America: Civil War movie.

Marvel has also pushed back four of their movies to make room for a new spidey movie.  So Marvel at least is trying to play nice.

According to the article, marvel is taking a larger hand in making the movies, but Sony retains  final say

And what I would kind've neat, in Civil War would be Peter getting killed and in 2017 the new Spider-man opens up with Milo Morales :-) that would get around re-casting Peter again

Unfortunately I don't think Sony would go for that
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 04:13:18 AM »
Wow. I'll admit, I didn't believe this would ever happen. I'm still kind of surprised--I don't see a big upside for either company here, although obviously as a fan I'm happy to hear that Spider-Man will stop sucking. :) But I'd think that Marvel would want more of an ownership stake in a character they sold well below market value, and Sony really has to be aware that they can keep churning out Spider-Man movies endlessly so long as they keep the budget under $100 mil and make a profit. This is kind of weird news.

The deal is that Marvel gets him for Civil War, and probably Avengers Infinity Guantlet, and Marvel works with the Sony former-president who backed the first Spidey film to produce the new one -- with Marvel Universe esthetic and Marvel Universe setting.

Marvel gets to use Spider-Man in the MCU, Sony gets a less-suck Spidey and a piece of the Trillion Dollar pie with less of their own money down.

Marvel may very well want more ownership, but those films made Sony over 5 billion and they aren't dropping the character
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 06:57:54 AM »
Word is that Marvel will not be doing any more origin stories.

It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »
Word is that Marvel will not be doing any more origin stories.
I think that works for established characters, but not new ones.  Most people don't know who Capt. (Ms.) Marvel is, so she'll need an origin.

Perhaps they meant that they wouldn't be re-doing the origin stories?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »
Or maybe they mean that even if they show the origin, it won't be the story.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 11:32:23 PM »
Or maybe they mean that even if they show the origin, it won't be the story.

I really hope it means that when they change the actor they won't reboot the series and start over.  Just because its a new face doesn't mean they have to show Peter Parker get bit by a spider.  You never hear anyone going "Who's this secret agent guy? He looks different than before... why is he a secret agent... how did he get a number for a code name... why is he British".  But with super heroes some how means actor changes completely wipes the minds of everyone who saw the previous movies
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen