Author Topic: Farm build with SOs  (Read 10084 times)

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
Farm build with SOs
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:27:28 AM »
Hi everyone.

I was thinking, if/when we get the game back. What do you think would be a good farm build with just SOs or regular IOs? Since we probably wont have IO sets starting out.

I was first going to go with a SS/Elec brute but then I thought maybe EM/Energy brute.

Any other good ideas?

Maybe Dark/SD?

Also what are you plans for building up your stock piles again?

Me personally, what ever farm build I go with, I'm going to speed to 50 but on my main. I plan to do as many TFs and Hero mission as possible for merits, to get the uniques I need.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
Re: Farm build with SOs
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:23:30 PM »
If you're looking for a SO grade farmer, then look for those builds that were popular farmers before IOs really took hold.

Fire/ice tank would be one and fire/kin troller was another.

of course, if you eat your vitamins you can farm with just about any heavy aoe type toon.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 08:38:40 PM »
I'm speeding one to 50 then taking my time on the toons I really want to play as well. I'm going with clawls/fire broot. I made one of those when i was trying to build on a new server and it was super fast to 50 and able to farm on mostly SOs (you will need a -kb IO but those are easy to get). Fire/kin is good as well but you do have the issue of being completely useless 'til slotted imps at 33 and mostly useless until slotted fulcrum at 39 as far as soloing goes, much less farming.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 11:47:05 PM »
I'm speeding one to 50 then taking my time on the toons I really want to play as well. I'm going with clawls/fire broot

Claws/fire was my main farmer near the end of the game. :(

of course, if you eat your vitamins you can farm with just about any heavy aoe type toon.

True, when I first got into farming, I started out with an SS/Elec brute that my friend suggested to me. It was rough at first. But crunching on inspirations and practice I was able to do very well with the build. It was the build I was thinking of starting out with again if/when the game comes back.

But I was hoping to find something that was smoother to run with. Fire/ice tank sounds good but I think I'm going to give elec/energy or SS/energy brute a try.

Any other suggestions?
I'm mainly focusing on brutes/tanks because even though I'll be farming with SOs at first. Eventually they'll be IOed out.

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 01:32:22 AM »
Isn't electrical melee/ shield defense and super strength/ shield defense the best farming builds?

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 03:11:57 AM »
Isn't electrical melee/ shield defense and super strength/ shield defense the best farming builds?

I never really played anything with shield defense but it was my understanding any/fire brute = winning.

What I'm trying to figure out is what would be the best farm build. That would allow me to farm relatively smoothly with SOs while I work on IOing the build out.

Say for instance a spine/Willpower scrapper, I'd imagine that would be a build. Where I could farm easily while gathering the needed IOs to deck the build out with the best set bonuses.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 06:55:40 PM »
Elect/Fire... That can farm and team quite well on just standard IOs. Lots of AoE... :)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 06:03:24 AM »
I never really played anything with shield defense but it was my understanding any/fire brute = winning.

What I'm trying to figure out is what would be the best farm build. That would allow me to farm relatively smoothly with SOs while I work on IOing the build out.

Say for instance a spine/Willpower scrapper, I'd imagine that would be a build. Where I could farm easily while gathering the needed IOs to deck the build out with the best set bonuses.

Spine/wp would be survivable for farming on SOs but you really only have 1 aoe + quills, so maybe not optimal.

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »
I know it's not the fastest farmer, but I used to do alright farming with a Shield/Fire tank with just SO's and improving him on the go with cheap sets and regular IO's as they dropped 8I used to farm the Council Empire mission from Unai Kemen). Tha fastest choice would probably still be a Fire/Kin troller though.-