Author Topic: Persistent player-spawned NPCs?  (Read 4278 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Persistent player-spawned NPCs?
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:01:52 PM »
A question for Codewalker: Might it be possible to tweak Icon so as to be able to save player-spawned NPCs from one session to another, as a way for each of us to re-populate our own copies of the game zones?

Even if that were possible, I don't imagine that we could assign some kind of scripts for them to follow - travel routes, emotes, etc.

I'm probably dreaming beyond the program's capability, but it's a pleasant dream.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: Persistent player-spawned NPCs?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 04:06:18 AM »
I use icon for video making something like this would be quite nice having spent time writing down coordinates and re entering them every session. Maybe a save session command or something?

I wouldn't want it to draw time and effort away from score if it was too hard to enable however.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 04:37:23 AM »
Man, it would be cool to see people walking down the sidewalk and cars driving up the street in Icon.  Sometimes it gets lonely, and there are wolves after me.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 03:27:04 AM »
The silence in any given zone is deafening, and the overwhelming feeling is loneliness.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 07:54:33 AM »
The silence in any given zone is deafening, and the overwhelming feeling is loneliness.

I agree, but I still go to zones most evening just to hear the music for certain areas of the map, favourite still is the Atlas theme, the first one I ever heard on entering the game, still gives me goose bumps  :'(

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 01:09:07 AM »
I agree, but I still go to zones most evening just to hear the music for certain areas of the map, favourite still is the Atlas theme, the first one I ever heard on entering the game, still gives me goose bumps  :'(

I hear you there!  That music etched itself into my mind from the first minute I stepped into the game, never having played an MMO before!  I don't know what I would have thought if the first zone I went into was Galaxy City, but I like to think that even if I did not hear that theme right off the bat, but instead later in my experience, it would still be THE personification of the game.

BitLoadR

• Lieutenant
  • <F6> <F6> <F6> ...
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 01:27:07 PM »
I hear you there!  That music etched itself into my mind from the first minute I stepped into the game...

That right there is the reason why the "Atlas Park" theme is my ringtone. It's unique...it's recognizable...when my phone rings it instantly grabs my attention.
playing on Reunion as Star Jewel, Emberflair, Lumitia, Novaspark, Dawnshade, Mystfure, Ion Blaze, Heatstrike, more...

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »
That right there is the reason why the "Atlas Park" theme is my ringtone. It's unique...it's recognizable...when my phone rings it instantly grabs my attention.

How did you get it for your ring tone?

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »
Maybe something in here?

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 08:48:16 PM »
Thanks, have managed to get the Atlas Plaza music as my ringtone  ;)

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 01:56:55 AM »
Holy Hot Zone!  I got the files, and my phone is about to be CoH-ified!  Ring tones, alert tones, text tones....everything! 

Thanks for the pointers to the file!

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 12:50:39 AM »
Holy Hot Zone!  I got the files, and my phone is about to be CoH-ified!  Ring tones, alert tones, text tones....everything! 

Thanks for the pointers to the file!

I want the mission complete tone to go off whenever I complete an email 😛

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 04:36:31 PM »
I have found a program where I can create tones if they are downloaded to my phone, but not if I want to create them on my PC.  Any suggestions?