Author Topic: Lore AMA 2015  (Read 25600 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Lore AMA 2015
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2015, 04:12:15 AM »
I think people were remembering the annual Lore AMA and didn't know about Positron's personal life ATM.  That probably pushed a lot of it too.

I mean, Titan Network has readers, but it's not exactly up-to-the-minute conversations. 

The CoH Loregasm should be like hand-grenade targeting, not "at the midnight minute of the anniversary"...  We want to keep the spirit alive, of course, but to a point.  Matt's got bills just like the rest of us.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2015, 10:27:31 PM »
FYI Positron posted a tweet saying he got a new job (hooray for him!) and thus the answers will be late ish.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2015, 02:48:40 AM »
So... Positron's twitter account is now... gone? So I have no idea what to do about that. The only thing I can think of is to hope he posts the AMA here, I guess...?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2015, 02:50:17 AM »
So... Positron's twitter account is now... gone? So I have no idea what to do about that. The only thing I can think of is to hope he posts the AMA here, I guess...?

He changed the name of it. Did he delete it after that?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2015, 02:57:19 AM »
He changed the name of it. Did he delete it after that?

He's now going by @ManyThingsDeck.

Matt Miller ‏@ManyThingsDeck

Yeah, I changed my twitter handle. Didn't feel right since I don't design MMOs anymore.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2015, 03:00:37 AM »
He's now going by @ManyThingsDeck.

Wonder if that means he's out of the MMO Business altogether right now?

That'd be a bit sad but as he's got a family I can see the need for a job that might be more stable.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2015, 03:31:11 AM »
According to Twitter, he's working on mobile games for Disney Interactive now.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2015, 09:58:59 PM »
Matt's posted the Loregasm responses. The link is on his twitter account. (I couldn't get it to copy...)

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2015, 11:20:52 PM »
Nice! I'll add these to the wiki page as soon as I can (although anyone else can feel free).

There were a few rehashes.... I'm thinking that there should be a thread here or page on the wiki to give a general summary of what the big arcs are, with links to questions. Sort of an "FAQ" I guess.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2015, 12:01:02 AM »
Matt's posted the Loregasm responses. The link is on his twitter account. (I couldn't get it to copy...)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IiWUZeUrkFkeTobtQpaRY2WONFdXvjlxjphs4eoG1ck/pub
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2015, 12:59:50 AM »
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IiWUZeUrkFkeTobtQpaRY2WONFdXvjlxjphs4eoG1ck/pub
Thank you listing the doc, it was interesting read :)
Also thanks to the devs that answered all the questions :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 02:08:46 AM by Angel Phoenix77 »
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2015, 07:09:10 AM »
Unable to open the link from work, have to try when get home as can't see it being uploaded to Paragonwiki as yet either  :(

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2015, 02:59:30 PM »
Unable to open the link from work, have to try when get home as can't see it being uploaded to Paragonwiki as yet either  :(
Have you tried to ctrl +click on the link?
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2015, 03:40:48 PM »

I put the text in to the main wiki page (http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA). It's unformatted right now; I just wanted to get the text in, and didn't see if it displays well yet. I'll format and add the images probably later today, and add the questions to the sorted page as well.

Edit: I think this year's AMA is about as good as it's gonna get formatting wise on the main AMA page.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:00:48 PM by Felderburg »

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2015, 05:37:51 PM »
Good read! Thanks to Positron, Protean, and Doc Aeon for keeping this tradition going. (was afraid for a bit it wasn't going to happen!) and any/everyone else who made this possible by poking them to remind them. ;)

Quiet, but still lurking, watching, and hoping.

Lyc~

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2015, 07:48:13 PM »
I'm just about done adding the questions to the http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted sorted page, which is still a work in progress, but at least you'll be able to link to questions directly. 48 questions were added, for a grand total of 408 so far.

What can you tell us about the Star Sentinels? Were they basically just an analogue for the Green Lantern corps? What kind of powers would they have?

Ok, where did you hear about the Star Sentinels? Your comment here is the first I ever heard of them, but Positron certainly seemed to know what you were talking about in this year's AMA. Google and the wiki are not helpful. Where do they appear?

Edit: Of general interest, the Lore AMA and Lore AMA/Sorted pages are two of the top 4 longest pages on the wiki (http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Special:LongPages). Kind of cool that the wiki's biggest articles were added after the closure of the game.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:54:48 PM by Felderburg »

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2015, 09:37:49 PM »
Wonder if that means he's out of the MMO Business altogether right now?

I'm pretty sure Matt is in the business of putting his skills to work making a living for his family, which is the business he's always been in.  The computer game development industry has never been one characterized by long-term stability; you have to work where the work is.  Not even Disney has a reputation for long term stability in that area, and they have a reputation for job stability almost everywhere else.  But mobile games in general is where the work seems to be today.

Not to speak for Matt (who obviously can do that for himself) but my (limited) impression of him is that he's a fairly pragmatic professional.  I think players can over-romanticize certain aspects of what they are passionate about, but I don't think its sad that Matt is no longer working on an MMO, because I don't think there's anything special about MMOs intrinsically.  I think the kinds of things Matt would care about are how interesting the work is, how much ownership in the product his work entails, and how much of his design aesthetics are allowed to be infused in the work.  As the lead for an MMO, I suspect a lot of those things occur, but they can happen anywhere.  I hope whatever he's working on is something he feels is worth working on.  Beyond that, I'm just happy he landed on his feet again.

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2015, 12:05:01 AM »
I'm pretty sure Matt is...certain aspects...

You mean this was all, like, the MMO aspect of a greater RulaMatt!?!?  :o No way.

BTW:  I would like to express my gratitude for the Devs continued commitment to this.  Truly a mark of kindness and support :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:43:54 PM by Eskreema »
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

B.Roid

• Underling
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »
My friend claims that devs used to spy on him in game and steal his ideas. Like making a dance club the Michael Jackson dance pack the moon base mission etc. His name was pyramids. So was devs scrambling for ideas through spying on players?

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2015, 01:29:48 PM »
My friend claims that devs used to spy on him in game and steal his ideas. Like making a dance club the Michael Jackson dance pack the moon base mission etc. His name was pyramids. So was devs scrambling for ideas through spying on players?

No, the devs didn't spy on people. Some of what they made might have been influenced by the forums, but they worked so far in advance that I doubt it would have been relevant to new content.