Author Topic: What have I got to lose?  (Read 1208 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
What have I got to lose?
« on: December 09, 2014, 07:21:07 PM »
Greetings heroes and villains.

This is rather unorthodox. I have a few jobs that need to be filled. One is for a vp of sales, in which said VP will need to have a clear understanding of Distributed Control Systems, or alternatively, PLC or SIS. The base salary is 100-150k with a sales cycle of approx. 12-18 months.

I have two other spots - one is a VP of HR, the other is for what one might call a Demand Planner. Both positions are confidential listings, so I can't tell you specifically which company. All I can say is the company is a leading manufacturer of aftermarket automotive parts.

The VP of HR needs to have some solid experience in compensation.

The demand planner is a tough spot to fill because the company is not properly defining the job (because they don't have an HR person to do it for them yet!). The Demand planner needs to have some experience in inventory control as well as materials management. The problem I've found is that most with this kind of experience are already on the director level, and this company can't afford to pay at that level.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then I've seriously bored you to death, and for that I'm sorry.
I know it's Christmas time, and I know some are looking for work. If you like, you can send me a pm and I can give you an email address to send your resume to and I'll keep my eyes open. Obviously, I can't promise anything.

But, if you think you have the knowledge, skills and ability to do either of these three jobs, please let me know via PM and we'll work out a way for us to determine if you're qualified.

Thanks,
and please forgive the interruption.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: What have I got to lose?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 09:24:26 PM »
A location and hiring timeframe would probably be a good addition to this information. :)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: What have I got to lose?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 04:12:08 AM »
Well, as for the time frame, the sooner the positions are filled, the better. The Demand Planner and the VP of Sales are new, recently created positions. So, the companies will keep doing what they've been doing until the spots are filled.

As for locations - the VP of Sales spot is pretty much wide open - depends on how much you want to travel. The company has it's headquarters in Southern Florida, but the VP of Sales can live wherever he wants - but the best case scenario would be someone who knows all the big shots in the Oil and Gas industry in that area - and I'm sort of making a joke - I'm not talking about your local gas station. Houston, Baton Rouge, certain parts of California and even the Dakotas now have a big Oil and Gas industry. That's not all of them, but if whomever gets this spot knows who makes the decisions in those gas/oil companies, it'll likely reduce the sales cycle and have an impact on revenues that much sooner. If he/she were to live in Florida, near the HQ, they'd have to do a lot of traveling and staying in hotels at a given market. My guess is, it would be cheaper to live close or in that market and travel to HQ when face to face meetings were necessary. The base pay range is $100k to 150k. Since there's a 12-18 month sales cycle, it's a little higher than average.

The VP of HR and the Demand Planner, both of those are in the Gulf Coast area. Sadly, that's all I'm allowed to say about location, as the client wants it to be a "confidential" search. In other words, because my firm is located in the Gulf Coast area (Mobile, AL), they want to ensure that nobody applies for these positions directly to the company - so Gulf Coast area is all I'm allowed to say. I do know that the demand planner spot has a pay range of 70 to 80k. But, if you want that 80k, you're going to have to match a lot of the criteria without too much "skill stretch".

I heard the other day that the VP of HR can expect about 180-200k if the owner/hiring company finds the candidate matches most of the criteria, and that he'd pay more if the candidate was exceptional. Gotta have that compensation experience, though. Won't even get to the phone screening without it.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese