Author Topic: On this day,two years ago.....  (Read 10215 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: On this day,two years ago.....
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 06:12:16 AM »
Few things hurt as badly....it felt like a piece of my heart went away, but I will not give up hope.

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 07:40:57 PM »
2 years ago I stood surrounded by friends, and family in Atlas Park as my 8 years as a City of Heroes player came to an end.
A few hours later, when I'd managed to stop crying and pull myself together a little...I did the only thing that I, personally, could have done at that point. I started doing the research into what eventually became Revival.
Even then, I didn't close the client for another few days.

I was 13 when I started playing. Paragon City was more than a city built of polygons, and texture maps...it was a home. I know I'm not alone in that feeling.

2 years later...we're still here. I've been called a fool, to my face, for Revival...for not letting go "of a dead game". Words from an Ex-CoHer no less. But 2 YEARS later...and I am *NOT* alone! We're all still here!

Stand vigilant, Heroes! Our time will come to once again sweep the streets of our beloved Paragon.
/em holdtorch

Okay, I know this is, like, two weeks later, but I am rooting for you so hard on AP Revival. I miss CoH greatly these days. I actually got very emotional about it yesterday. The only thing I can do right now is listen to CoH music and write my fanfiction (have 6 "seasons" planned, one for each set of 10 levels and the sixth season for the Incarnate Trees), and offer any help where I might be able to give it.

Know that many people here are willing to help you (I'm sure of that much), and are eager to see our city back.

I miss my game.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 07:45:36 PM »
I still can't watch "One Last Day" without crying.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 04:09:37 PM »
I still can't watch "One Last Day" without crying.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

I could not make it through that video the first time I watched it. It's beautifully made, but it was devastating to watch.

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 05:53:41 PM »
I'm still playing this game sometimes in my dreams, now this is... scary. I'm playing computer games over 20 years ago, but I never got a dream from any of them. Well, this was so much more then just a game. I try so many other, but they are not that special...  :-\

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »
I'm still playing this game sometimes in my dreams, now this is... scary. I'm playing computer games over 20 years ago, but I never got a dream from any of them. Well, this was so much more then just a game. I try so many other, but they are not that special...  :-\

While I haven't been playing videogames for as long, I'm in the same situation. I dream in Paragon City. Just the other day I was having a dream about superspeeding through the Hollows and Independence Port. There was also a fight with some Hellions and Clockwork.