Author Topic: Favorite VideoGame Research Survey  (Read 2246 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Favorite VideoGame Research Survey
« on: November 06, 2014, 12:39:51 AM »
Hello Titan I figured this was a wonderful place to get a good critique on this subject.

I am currently taking a Data Collection class and need to do a survey or interview ETC. for my final essay, I have decided on a survey as my research method.

Information Letter: This research data is being collected purely for the purpose of figuring out which game-play aspects people like. you are only asked to complete 5 sections (20 questions total), the research will be used in an academic essay for a student enrolled in the University of Edinbugh and is available to others who wish to use the data for game development purposes.

The Topic? Video Game Game-Play.

By answering this post you acknowledge that I have informed you about the following Consent form:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=54113622793356496405

Thank you!

Please see the survey questions below in the Spoiler and answer them as you are able to. If you do not have an answer just mark it blank with a '-'. Please take your time, the more you express yourself the better, as always feel free to edit your post at a later time, I will collect the data on the 25th of November.

Spoiler for Hidden:
1: What is/are your favorite type(s) of 1st generation classic game play (Action, Adventure, Classic Shooter, platformer, puzzle ETC.)?
   1A: What system was it on (Arcade, Atari, Computer, Commodore, ETC.)?
   1B: What was/is/were/are your favorite game(s) during this period?
   1C: What game play aspect(s), Story aspect(s), interface aspect(s)[ Multiplayer, light gun, racing wheel and peddles ETC.], and/or atmospheric aspect(s) [looks, music ETC.]  made the game enjoyable?

2: What is/are your favorite type(s) of 2nd generation classic game play (Action, Adventure, Fighter, Racing, Action/adventure, puzzle, RPG ETC.)?
   2A: What system was it on (Arcade, Atari, Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega SG-1000/SG-1000 II, Computer ETC.)?
   2B: What was/is/were/are your favorite game(s) during this period?
   2C: What game play aspect(s), Story aspect(s), interface aspect(s)[ Multiplayer, light gun, racing wheel and peddles ETC.], and/or atmospheric aspect(s) [looks, music ETC.]  made the game enjoyable?

3:What is/are your favorite type(s) of 3rd generation classic game play (Action, Adventure, Fighter, Racing, Action/adventure, puzzle, RPG ETC.)?
   3A: What system was it on (Arcade, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo GameBoy, Nintendo Virtual boy, Sega Master System, Computer ETC.)?
   3B: What was/is/were/are your favorite game(s) during this period?
   3C: What game play aspect(s), Story aspect(s), interface aspect(s)[ Multiplayer, light gun, racing wheel and peddles ETC.], and/or atmospheric aspect(s) [looks, music ETC.]  made the game enjoyable?

4:What is/are your favorite type(s) of 4th generation classic game play (Action, Adventure, Fighter, Racing, Action/adventure, puzzle, RPG ETC.)?
   4A: What system was it on (Arcade, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gameboy Color/lite, Sega Genesis, Game Gear, 32x, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Playstation (original), Computer ETC.)?
   4B: What was/is/were/are your favorite game(s) during this period?
   4C: What game play aspect(s), Story aspect(s), interface aspect(s)[ Multiplayer, racing wheel and peddles, rumble pack ETC.], and/or atmospheric aspect(s) [looks, music ETC.]  made the game enjoyable?

5:What is/are your favorite type(s) of 5th generation game play (Action, Adventure, Fighter, Racing, Action/adventure, puzzle, RPG, MMORPG ETC.)?
   5A: What system was it on (Arcade, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Gameboy Advanced, Playstation 2, Xbox, Computer ETC.)?
   5B: What was/is/were/are your favorite game(s) during this period?
   5C: What game play aspect(s), Story aspect(s), interface aspect(s)[ Multiplayer, light gun, racing wheel and peddles ETC.], and/or atmospheric aspect(s) [looks, music ETC.]  made the game enjoyable?

6:What is/are your favorite type(s) of 6th generation game play (Action, Adventure, Fighter, Racing, Action/adventure, puzzle, RPG, MMORPG ETC.)?
   6A: What system was it on (Arcade, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, Playstation 3, Playstation Portable, Xbox 2, Computer ETC.)?
   6B: What was/is/were/are your favorite game(s) during this period?
   6C: What game play aspect(s), Story aspect(s), interface aspect(s)[ Multiplayer, light gun, racing wheel and peddles, motion sensor ETC.], and/or atmospheric aspect(s) [looks, music ETC.]  made the game enjoyable?

7:What is/are your favorite type(s) of 7th generation game play (Action, Adventure, Fighter, Racing, Action/adventure, puzzle, RPG, MMORPG ETC.)?
   7A: What system was it on (Arcade, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Playstation 4, Xbox 360, Computer ETC.)?
   7B: What was/is/were/are your favorite game(s) during this period?
   7C: What game play aspect(s), Story aspect(s), interface aspect(s)[ Multiplayer, light gun, racing wheel and peddles ETC.], and/or atmospheric aspect(s) [looks, music ETC.]  made the game enjoyable?

feel free to discuss answers, please mark discussions with red bold text "Discussion"  in front of it for data collection ease.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:41:17 PM by Joshex »
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Re: Favorite VideoGame Research Survey
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 02:43:50 PM »
Bump update, they finally gave me the official Consent form for a questionnaire/Survey it is attached above and is much shorter.

print it out sign it as a forum name and submit it in your post, for student name merely put "Joshex - Titan Network"

thanks!

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »
I'd answer this but I am not really a console player. Good luck!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 11:18:03 PM »
I'd answer this but I am not really a console player. Good luck!

it extends to computer games as well, for console put 'Computer'

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 10:12:58 PM »
I got 3 people to fill this out on another site. I still need 2 people!

please help.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:47:48 PM by Joshex »