Author Topic: Missing Costume Parts?  (Read 1820 times)

KennonGL

• Boss
Missing Costume Parts?
« on: October 24, 2014, 12:36:17 PM »
Due to machine upgrades and such, I didn't have a valid install
of the CoH client anymore.

So, wanting to give Icon a peek, I loaded the Tequila (from the thread
above) loader and let it run.

Now I can get into the character creator, but many of the costume pieces
are "missing".  By that I mean that if I select one of those pieces, I just get
a white, negative image of the costume piece.

And many are just regular pieces, not the special locked out pieces and such.

Is there something wrong with my load/files or is this normal for Icon?

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
Re: Missing Costume Parts?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
I get that with a few of the newest costumes, but I don't think it's happened with any that were released to the live game. It looks like you have a missing, corrupt, or misplaced pigg file that's meant to have player costume materials in it.

Does Tequila let you verify your installation? I assume so. If so, run it again and see if it says any files are wrong or missing. Otherwise, try using the torrent for Issue 24 Beta here. A torrent client will verify your installation if you point it to the right directory.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
Are they the Post-Apocalyptic pieces, by any chance?  If you're not running the game in Ultra Mode, those pieces (and some others - some of the Imperial parts, IIRC) will just be white and textureless.  I seem to recall that the Imperial parts are white and textureless at any setting.

But if it's any other piece, then, yeah, you probably have a problem with the game's pigg files.

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 05:42:32 PM »
Are they the Post-Apocalyptic pieces, by any chance?  If you're not running the game in Ultra Mode, those pieces (and some others - some of the Imperial parts, IIRC) will just be white and textureless.  I seem to recall that the Imperial parts are white and textureless at any setting.

But if it's any other piece, then, yeah, you probably have a problem with the game's pigg files.

Nope, it was just some of the normal costume parts.  Spikey Hair, the "Electron/Circuit" tight suit, etc.

Re-downloading the client files from tequila fixed the issue, so it must of just been a corrupted pigg.

So now I'm busy re-creating as many of my costumes (and saving them for instant reload) as I can, for that

magic moment Nate says the deal went through (hopefully).

I lost all my original CoH data when my hard drive ate itself about a 1 1/2 years ago.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 01:45:31 AM »
Hard drive loss is a bummer, I know that feeling.

Good to know you got it sorted out.

Enjoy Icon!

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive