Author Topic: Arrow Season 3  (Read 9163 times)

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Arrow Season 3
« on: October 14, 2014, 06:01:54 AM »
How did we not have an Arrow Season 3 thread already? :o

So a question for all of you:

Spoiler for Hidden:
Who shot the Canary?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Arrow Season 3
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:13:17 AM »
I just finished with season 2 on Netflix.  Which might've been decent if not for the constant flashbacks.  I thought maybe they'd be done in season 3 since it all seemed resolved, but then it ended with a flashback to post-island Hong Kong.  So, tell me, has season 3 been riddled with flashbacks, too?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 12:59:40 PM »
I enjoy the flashbacks as much as the show.

It parallels the story and lets us know how Oliver developed.
But I get it why its not for everyone.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 02:30:44 PM »
I, personally, like the flashbacks.  It gives more insight into the Arrow's development.   And I think it was Ra's Al Ghul's (bad spelling, probably) henchman.  I am probably wrong.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 03:34:41 PM »
It looks like they're setting up for Oliver to get his full hero codename. The public have now seen the Arrow and his red-clad partner working together. They're both archers, and the public and the press won't know what to call Roy. He's with the Arrow, so I figure that they'll start calling him the Red Arrow. And then, by virtue of retronym, Oliver finally becomes the Green Arrow.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 06:57:40 PM »
I'm not liking the flashbacks now but I loved the island flashbacks.  I'm seriously considering editing all of them together to make an Oliver Crusoe movie.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Who shot JR?  It's definitely somebody she knew but obviously didn't expect to see.  The way she said "What are you doing here." wasn't said as if it were somebody who was in the area.  Not even Thea.  I think it's probably Nyssa.  I don't know why she would kill Sara other than series necessity.  Laurel is going to become the Black Canary so something had to push her over into vigilante mode.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 10:36:16 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Who shot JR?  It's definitely somebody she knew but obviously didn't expect to see.  The way she said "What are you doing here." wasn't said as if it were somebody who was in the area.  Not even Thea.  I think it's probably Nyssa.  I don't know why she would kill Sara other than series necessity.  Laurel is going to become the Black Canary so something had to push her over into vigilante mode.

Well, after last night's episode, that theory might be flushed down the toilet...

I'm actually thinking it was
Spoiler for Hidden:
Thea. Maybe as a "test" from Merlin.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 01:59:15 AM »
Well, after last night's episode, that theory might be flushed down the toilet...

I'm actually thinking it was
Spoiler for Hidden:
Thea. Maybe as a "test" from Merlin.

I still don't think it was
Spoiler for Hidden:
Thea
  but as far as last nights episode it was great to see
Spoiler for Hidden:
Wildcat and Manhunter.
I like that they keep bringing in the non super DC characters.  And I really wish that they had been able to go with Ted Kord instead of Ray Palmer because Routh is doing a great job of playing a Kord like character.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 06:37:43 PM »
I'd like to know what they intend to do with Ray Palmer. "Arrow" is a more-realistic universe, and they bring in the civilian name of a hero who can shrink himself to sub-microscopic size? I figure three possibilities:

1. They're only using (wasting) the name, and have no intention of his being anyone out of the ordinary. (Unlikely; they'd risk fan-base discontent, and they've shown too much respect for the source material to screw up like that.)

2. They intend to have him become someone other than The Atom as we know him. (Precedent:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Isabel Rochev became the super-powered Ravager, instead of The Queen, and had only her name and backstory to link her to The Queen.
)

3. He was in Central City when the particle accelerator blew, and actually is some form of The Atom.

Time will tell, of course, but they've done very well so far, so I'm optimistically hopeful, and look forward to seeing the situation unfold.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 08:35:07 PM »
3. He was in Central City when the particle accelerator blew, and actually is some form of The Atom.

I'm betting this and either he already is The Atom, and we just haven't seen him in action, or he hasn't discovered his abilities yet.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 02:07:35 AM »
In tonight's episode, when Felicity pointed out that she had blonde hair (like her mother's), and her mother said, "You dye yours", was anyone else looking at Mom's dark roots and thinking, "And you don't?"

tripthicket

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 06:49:17 AM »
Nice tease with Roy's nightmare.  ;)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 07:30:34 AM »
Nice tease with Roy's nightmare.  ;)

Oh, yeah. Next week's looks to be a VERY interesting episode.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »
Speaking of Roy, I just found out that he (Colton Haynes) graduated from my high school a year before me. :o

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 03:05:25 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
It won't be Roy though.  It will be him remembering something he saw and had wiped from his memory.  They already had a "Roy gets bad and does something he would never normally do" arc so they won't repeat that idea.  If this were Marvel I'd say he saw Bullseye but I don't know of any DC villains who throw non throwing items with deadly accuracy.  Possibly Boomerang could manage it.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 04:40:29 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
BOXING GLOVE ARROW!   ;D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 08:02:46 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
BOXING GLOVE ARROW!   ;D

FTW!
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 03:36:19 PM »
I'm not sure how Oliver is swinging around the city given his condition.  Maybe there's some trickery with which events took place at which times?

Then again, it's superhero show, so injuries aren't always going to reflect reality.

Spoiler for Hidden:
What happened to Wildcat after the battle?  From the way Laurel was talking, Ted was on death's door...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 09:24:57 PM »
Things I learned from this week's episode:
Spoiler for Hidden:
when leading a street gang full of armed gunmen against a mob of townspeople armed with one gun, a bow and arrow and some baseball bats, it's important to remember to only use those guns as bludgeoning weapons. under no circumstances should you mow down the opposing mob. it's also important when forming a mob to take on a well-armed street gang that you recruit mostly unarmed civilians, a teenager whose powers include a leather jacket and a tough looking haircut, and a former vigilante whose powers include boxing and wearing a ski mask. under no circumstances should you recruit the guy you know who has an armored suit that shoots hard-light beams, the guy you know with superspeed who could disarm the entire gang in a second, or anyone from the covert military outfit you have worked with on multiple occasions.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 04:58:09 PM »
Anyone else wondering when Tatsu will show up in costume?  Originally Katana and her soul sucking sword came to the USA to avenge her husband and son, could still go that route with her informing Oli they're dead and she's there to help against the LoA.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.