Author Topic: Shroud of the Avatar  (Read 2275 times)

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
Shroud of the Avatar
« on: October 12, 2014, 06:44:38 PM »
I subscribed to the kickstarter, but have been so busy that I haven't even downloaded the game yet (doing so as I type, I think it's Beta 10).  Anyway, tips would be gratefully received.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Shroud of the Avatar
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 07:49:16 AM »
I participated in the first few rounds of beta, but then I got busy (around the time they started introducing the multiplayer functionality).  I'm patched up, but haven't logged in for a while.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 04:04:53 AM »
I think the next weekend will be Oct 23rd.  Unfortunately I will be at Mile Hi Con that weekend.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 11:59:40 PM »
Old thread I know, but I just thought I'd throw in that I bought into early access and downloaded the game last night.  I've been a Lord British fan for freakin' ever, a huge fan of the Ultima games.  In fact, just for fun, here's an old article I dug up on Richard "Lord British" Garriott when he was just a ripe 23 years old.  I devoured all things Commodore, and this appeared in the September 1985 issue of Commodore Power/Play when Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar came out.  You can click the picture below to zoom in and read the article, as it's a scan of the original magazine.

Incidentally, you can still buy and play all of the old Ultima games from GOG:

If you never played the Ultima games but want to dip your toe in the Ultima waters, you can download Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar (the very game that's reviewed in the picture above) for free from GOG.  (And yes, GOG is 100% legal and legitimate, it's not a warez site.)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:37:59 AM »
I was finally able to get in again a few releases ago.  It was an entirely different game.  (Not in a bad way, or anything.)  Really disorienting. :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 05:35:21 AM »

Incidentally, you can still buy and play all of the old Ultima games from GOG:

Gold edition of 8 is free on origin right now.