Author Topic: Proc Question  (Read 5281 times)

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Proc Question
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:09:37 AM »
I am looking at tweaking my TA/Archery Defender and am thinking of putting the entire CLOUD SENSES Accurate To-Hit Debff in Flash Arrow... Here is my question.

If the proc for Chance For Negative Energy Damage hits an enemy... will that alert them to my presence? That seems kinda counter intuitive... to try to reduce their ToHit and Visibility if it tells them I am there... Anyone know the answer to this?? :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Proc Question
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:59:26 AM »
Yes, proc damage alerts enemies. Yes, this is counterproductive for Flash. Unless you need that sixth set bonus, just don't slot the proc.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 02:21:11 PM »

Grr... I wanted the Ranged Defense bonus... back to drawing board LOL!

Yes, proc damage alerts enemies. Yes, this is counterproductive for Flash. Unless you need that sixth set bonus, just don't slot the proc.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 08:33:31 PM »
Remember that flash arrow has a -ToHit that is unresistable which means it basically counts as a defense for you. It doesn't matter what is trying to hit you whether it's an AV or a skull minion, it gives the full debuff.

Not sure how you are building your defender, but if you use clouded senses in flash arrow + Power Boost (Soul) you will have an effective ranged defense of 18.89 (15.14 + 3.75). If you just remove the proc and put in a -ToHit IO in there you will still have an effective ranged defense of 15.95.

If the 3% difference would get you to ranged cap then it doesn't really matter if you alert them since you can glue arrow them right after or PGA and put the minions to sleep. Emp and OSA can also make short work of any mobs you might alert with the proc.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?