Author Topic: Do your powers fit your character?  (Read 7330 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Do your powers fit your character?
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 04:54:18 AM »
IMHO, you're wrong.

I'm thinking she looks like a meleer to me.
I'd say brute or stalker.

But what do I know?

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 06:12:48 AM »
IMHO, you're wrong.

But what do I know?

There is no wrong here. I was just getting thoughts on her.

I can definitely see where you would get a melee thought about her. what sets would you envision?
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 12:42:48 AM »
IMHO, you're wrong.

But what do I know?

I could see the brute but not the stalker.  An in your face themed scrapper would work here too.  Nothing about this woman says stealth.  I see her as a loud, obnoxious, punk girl who is all up in the face of whatever gets in her way.
No Surrender!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 11:07:05 PM »
For me a character has to have the right costume, powers and backstory. A name will usually suggest itself.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 12:05:44 AM »
I could see the brute but not the stalker.  An in your face themed scrapper would work here too.  Nothing about this woman says stealth.  I see her as a loud, obnoxious, punk girl who is all up in the face of whatever gets in her way.

Was thinking about your post here and it seemed like a good fit (I prefer fearless to loud and abnoxious :) ). So I went to play on Icon and claws fit real well.

Then it hit me. She's a Peacebringer. I'm pretty sure it fits. Like a former hellion type that went into military, joined special forces, got a pb surprise kinda thing.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Power Arc X

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 05:14:31 AM »
I see a MA/SR to on there. Has the just enough black and sunglasses to feel a bit like someone from the Matrix.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 05:36:37 AM »
I see a MA/SR to on there. Has the just enough black and sunglasses to feel a bit like someone from the Matrix.

Yeah, started looking at scrappers and brutes on her and MA looked very good but the costume piece on claws was too perfect (RG-Blades). Street Justice looks really good on her too.

I did really like how the pb powers looked on her though.

Knowing me, I'll change my mind about 50 more times too. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Power Arc X

• Minion
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 06:04:34 AM »
Yeah, started looking at scrappers and brutes on her and MA looked very good but the costume piece on claws was too perfect (RG-Blades). Street Justice looks really good on her too.

I did really like how the pb powers looked on her though.

Knowing me, I'll change my mind about 50 more times too. :)
That's the best part of CoH. 12 min character slots per server and what was it 10-12 servers 120-144 ways or more if you bought the extra to on slots to make one to on to rule them all.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »
Was thinking about your post here and it seemed like a good fit (I prefer fearless to loud and abnoxious :) ). So I went to play on Icon and claws fit real well.

Then it hit me. She's a Peacebringer. I'm pretty sure it fits. Like a former hellion type that went into military, joined special forces, got a pb surprise kinda thing.

I don't see Peacebringer but along the military theme she could be a 5th column nictus.  I really see a blitzer type toon.  Maybe she could be Reichsman's (ex)wife.

OR

She's had a very rough life and got in with the wrong crowd.

I tend to let the powers dictate the toon more than the look.  Lil Hell Mouse, my demon/dark mm, had quite a few outfits including one that made her look like a longbow agent with teddy bear ears.  Too bad the game couldn't take the outfit into consideration.  Otherwise she could have walked into a longbow base, unleashed hell, and no body would have realized what was going on until it was all over.
No Surrender!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 10:13:15 PM »
I looked at the costume and my first thought was Kinetic Melee/Dark Armor brute.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 02:16:31 AM »
 my Powers always fit my character.. because its my character and I say that they do  ;D